Blippar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Blippar Interview Questions

Interviews at Blippar

3.2

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blippar.

Interview

Was given offer via email, resigned from my current role and then told less than a week later, "sorry we actually retract our offer and cannot give you a contract!" While everyone I met with was outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic about the company - the process was a complete nightmare. 13 WEEKS of interviews: phone, in-person, Skype, Google Hangout Video. At most of the interviews were rescheduled last minute

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with a handful of employees after connecting with a passionate recruiter. Everyone was able to deliver a different perspectives and was nice to have the opportunity to speak with individuals in various roles.

Interview Questions

• If you were to create a blipp for ___, what would it do and why?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blippar in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on a school career website and then was reached out by a recruiter in a few days. Just a quick phone call about my background and experience. Recruiter seemed nice and passionate about the company. Told me over the phone and said they didn't think I was a good match.

Interview Questions

• What do you do that's creative?
      Have you downloaded our app?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 15 minute phone interview with a lead backend developer followed by a week long take home test in Golang, followed by a 2 hour onsite interview which got cut short because an interviewer was ill.

When I arrived onsite they told me that the job I was applying for was for a more senior position so they are going to find another role for me. After the interview had finished I was put on the phone with the ill interviewer and left in their office alone with no idea what to do next - I eventually left. That was four weeks ago and I still haven't heard back, even after emailing all the interviewers with not a single reply. Extremely rude and unorganised!

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I had several interviews at Blippar in Feb-March of 2018. The interviews went okay themselves nothing too difficult or considerably challenging. After three interviews at the Blippar office, I was asked to undertake a task to analyze and re-design their current onboarding (web). I took the task quite seriously and wrote a whole document redesigning their current flow along with notes on how to establish and apply a design language as well as low-fid wireframes for the flow. The outcome was that they wanted to give me the job but could not as they hadn't secured the necessary budget for my salary. Things I learned:

- If a company asks you to do UX work on their current website (i.e not an unrelated/abstract project) always say no or agree that they will pay for this work - a semi-major player in the AR digital space like Blippar should know better - but to be fair I should also have known better.

- Always make sure they've secured funding before they you jump through all the hoops.

Interview Questions

• Take me through one of the projects on your portfolio and tell me how you came to the conclusion and design that you did.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blippar (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an opportunity through a staffing company. First round was telephonic discussion. Then after 2-3 days received a call for F2F. So went to their office for the upcoming rounds. They made me wait for atleast 30-45 mins. Then my interview started, had a long interview for atleast 1hr to 1hr 15 mins. Had a mixed response from the interviewer and I was asked to wait for the feedback which I was supposed to get within 1-2 days. However, its been a 2 months I didnt got any response. I was rejected for sure.

B2B Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Somewhat drawn out, with serious gaps between interviews. Interviews pretty straight forward. Met a lot of the team who generally seemed a bright friendly bunch. Didn't get too much of a sense of what working in the company would be like, only saw the inside of a meeting room but the small amount of office I saw was pretty snazzy. The team seemed really busy, which lengthened the interview process.,

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blippar.

Interview

I have been approached by a recruiter and got the first interview with a Computer Vision engineer of their team. The interview was longer than 1.5h and covered general Computer Vision/Machine Learning topics, programming and algorithms. After that, I had other three interviews and I completed a code challenge. I could do the code challenge in my own time and it was not too difficult. After the fourth interview, I was told that another candidate was more suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the details of the interview questions. The questions were mostly on general Computer Vision/Machine Learning topics and C++ programming (mainly C++ 11/14 features).   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Not a very good interview experience as this company does not have HR so it isn't managed properly. I was repeatedly asked to reschedule and I got the impression that the company did not know what it wanted from this role as each person who interviewed me seemed to have a different idea of what I would be doing. I felt rather mistreated after the interview process.

Senior Brand Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Bit of a mess, questions lacked structure and direction. They were completely unprepared when I showed up and just kept sending random people in to meet me. They seemed more concerned with talking about themselves and when they did ask questions, they were irrelevant to the role and felt forced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Drawn out and childish. Kept telling me their 'shares' were worth more than having a higher salary.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.