Blippar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Blippar Interview Questions

Interviews at Blippar

3.2

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blippar.

Interview

Was given offer via email, resigned from my current role and then told less than a week later, "sorry we actually retract our offer and cannot give you a contract!" While everyone I met with was outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic about the company - the process was a complete nightmare. 13 WEEKS of interviews: phone, in-person, Skype, Google Hangout Video. At most of the interviews were rescheduled last minute

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with a handful of employees after connecting with a passionate recruiter. Everyone was able to deliver a different perspectives and was nice to have the opportunity to speak with individuals in various roles.

Interview Questions

• If you were to create a blipp for ___, what would it do and why?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blippar in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on a school career website and then was reached out by a recruiter in a few days. Just a quick phone call about my background and experience. Recruiter seemed nice and passionate about the company. Told me over the phone and said they didn't think I was a good match.

Interview Questions

• What do you do that's creative?
      Have you downloaded our app?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 15 minute phone interview with a lead backend developer followed by a week long take home test in Golang, followed by a 2 hour onsite interview which got cut short because an interviewer was ill.

When I arrived onsite they told me that the job I was applying for was for a more senior position so they are going to find another role for me. After the interview had finished I was put on the phone with the ill interviewer and left in their office alone with no idea what to do next - I eventually left. That was four weeks ago and I still haven't heard back, even after emailing all the interviewers with not a single reply. Extremely rude and unorganised!

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly informal but multi-round interview process. Wanted to know that I would be able to do the substance of the role but also pretty interested in cultural fit. Also had to give a presentation to show how I would think about a sample problem I might encounter.

Interview Questions

• The broadest and most interesting question from one of the senior leaders was what philosophies I lived by.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Not a very good interview experience as this company does not have HR so it isn't managed properly. I was repeatedly asked to reschedule and I got the impression that the company did not know what it wanted from this role as each person who interviewed me seemed to have a different idea of what I would be doing. I felt rather mistreated after the interview process.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blippar (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an opportunity through a staffing company. First round was telephonic discussion. Then after 2-3 days received a call for F2F. So went to their office for the upcoming rounds. They made me wait for atleast 30-45 mins. Then my interview started, had a long interview for atleast 1hr to 1hr 15 mins. Had a mixed response from the interviewer and I was asked to wait for the feedback which I was supposed to get within 1-2 days. However, its been a 2 months I didnt got any response. I was rejected for sure.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online after coming to my university.

First a 30 minute telephone interview which asked some interesting questions such as criticisms about the app and different blipps you have tried out, as well as generic questions such as a walk through your CV and education.

Next a face to face interview with two employees, this was more of a high pressure environment where questions were tough. Being put into a hypothetical situation and being asked what you would do. Also technical questions about the app and improvements that could be made.

I got a call in the next hour for a final stage interview which consisted of 4 separate interviews including a cultural fit, technical interview and two interviews with director level employees.

Very quick process, less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What sort of improvements would you make to the blippar app?
      What is your favourite picture you've taken?
      Can you name the file names and code used to produce this blipp?
      Describe the process of a project, from start to finish, how would you run a project?   Answer Question

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blippar.

Interview

I have been approached by a recruiter and got the first interview with a Computer Vision engineer of their team. The interview was longer than 1.5h and covered general Computer Vision/Machine Learning topics, programming and algorithms. After that, I had other three interviews and I completed a code challenge. I could do the code challenge in my own time and it was not too difficult. After the fourth interview, I was told that another candidate was more suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the details of the interview questions. The questions were mostly on general Computer Vision/Machine Learning topics and C++ programming (mainly C++ 11/14 features).   Answer Question

B2B Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blippar (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Somewhat drawn out, with serious gaps between interviews. Interviews pretty straight forward. Met a lot of the team who generally seemed a bright friendly bunch. Didn't get too much of a sense of what working in the company would be like, only saw the inside of a meeting room but the small amount of office I saw was pretty snazzy. The team seemed really busy, which lengthened the interview process.,

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.