Brokers' Risk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Brokers' Risk Interview Questions

Interviews at Brokers' Risk

2.6

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was prompt. Friendly interview, non committal. They're not in a rush to hire or change the branding any time soon. Did a personality assessment, then the sales manager disappeared.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR directly. The reviewed my qualifications by reviewing my resume posted on Career Builder, LinkedIn or a similar site. They then sent me an application to fill out and set an interview time and date. I was told to bring the completed application with me at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They have a small IT department and were more concerned with my social skills and ability to get along with people. The questions were general about my background and experience. There were few technical questions and they were not of the 'gotcha' or asking about obscure coding practices in nature.   1 Answer
    • I was not offered the position, but the company was very professional and cordial at all times. The HR person communicated with me during the entire process to let me know how things were progressing. At no time was I kept waiting and the people I talked with in the IT department were very friendly and welcoming. Even though I did not get the job the whole experience was pleasant.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk in April 2015.

Interview

Meticulous and lengthy in scope. They watnted to get a good understanding of my qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. How much experience I have had in managing agency relationships, and how my results in the past have been in managing a medium to large sized book.

Interview Questions

• Who did I work for, how long did I work for them, what kind of tasks did I perform, did I have to multi-task, who did I have to build relationships with, how did I grow my book, and what kind of culture did I work it.   Answer Question

Brokers' Risk Response

4 Nov 2016 – VP HR

Sorry about your experience and we do have a new head of HR now!

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The human resources staff was not very professional - not a good representation of the company. However, all the other individuals I met with were equally as disinterested or friendly. They were very eager to get me in for an interview and after 2 hours rejected me on the spot. Consider letting a candidate leave with some dignity rather than telling them you have better candidates. Honestly I lost interest in the position when the human resources staff person greeted me in Reception with a negative attitude. Comments on Glassdoor are not favorable on this Company and I saw first hand why.

Interview Questions

Brokers' Risk Response

4 Nov 2016 – VP HR

Sorry about your experience - we have a new head of HR now. However....some people appreciate not being strung along.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Very short. A couple tests on math and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. A few one on one sessions asking job related questions. Mostly about operating under deadlines. Very easy questions to answer overall. Pretty typical process.
    As I understand it the process has now changed since I was hired. Although, they do use some of the same things still. Also, the hiring process is drawn out much longer than before.

Interview Questions

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, came in for an interview. Standard interview questions with HR manager and a few other employees, probably to get a good idea of your personality. Had to take a brief skills-competency test on basic subjects. Received an offer same day but there was a bit of a haggling process because they didn't want to pay me what I wanted (all I wanted was what I was currently already making). HR manager actually suggested I sell my car to make up for the income deficit. I held strong and they ended up giving me what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard and not very job-specific. Most difficult question was the ever-favorite "What is your biggest weakness"   Answer Question

Web Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Brought in by outside recruiter. Very intense hiring/interview process. Met with three key team members, (two of whom were gone within a year).

Negotiation

The salary range was specified and agreed to ahead of time

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk.

Interview

Very straight forward and conversation like. Spoke to 3 different members including some upper management. Generally an easier interview process than most and HR was excellent with communication on status in the process and next steps.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this work?   1 Answer

Cant Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brokers' Risk in November 2007.

Interview

3 hour interviews - 2 of these.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This company doesn't negotiate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.