Bullhorn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bullhorn Interview Questions

Interviews at Bullhorn

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview

Basically take a test for personality and aptitude. The aptitude aspect most does pertains to vocabulary. It would of been better tailor to a more problem solving issues since developers are problem solvers not English majors.

Personality test is basically a generic one that you can do at a grocery store application.

Interview Questions

• generic questions nothing really specific that is required to know.   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Disappointed to have found bullhorn to have such a horrible interview process. I applied online and was asked to complete a 30 minute online assessment. After that, I had an HR screening with the recruiter who stated that they aimed to have to position filled within a week and a half. I then interviewed with the hiring manager, who seemed annoyed to have to be taking the time to interview me. It took more than a week for the recruiter to get back to me after that. I was asked to give availability for a final round interview that would take place on zoom with a few other team members. I never heard back from the company after giving my availability for the final round. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism by the company and would not recommend wasting any time applying.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

4 Sep 2020 – Sr. HR Business Partner and Interim Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. No doubt about it, the process for this particular role has not been up to our standards and we are addressing that now. We will learn from the mistakes we made and use those learnings to improve our overall experience going forward. Candidate experience is of utmost importance to us and we clearly fell short. We would be happy to hear from you to discuss this issue with you further. You can contact us by email at hr@bullhorn.com to share your contact information. We wish you the best in your continued job search.

-Todd Williams, Interim Talent Acquisition Leader

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I reached out to the recruiter on LinkedIn and had a phone screen. That went well and next I had a phone call with the hiring manager, who was very enthusiastic. After that I took an SAT-like online test and personality assessment which I thought was a pretty unfair was to judge skill, but I am not sure how heavily it actually contributes to the hiring process and might just be a way to test how people think on their feet. A few days later I came on-site and had 4 interviews with people on the team. I received positive feedback from the manager and had an offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle UX conflicts? What is your design process? Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

2 phone interviews (one with talent acquisitions, and another with the head of Boston's marketing team), followed by a coding challenge. That was then followed by an in-office interview with 5 different team members.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond to create an incredible customer experience.   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Took an online question test which consisted of a personality test and a SAT math/english test.

They later asked some technical questions about programming languages and such in a screening later.

This was for a full stack position requiring multiple years of experience located in Boston.

When the interviewer told me that the salary for this position was $60-70k. I asked "are you sure about that number for a position requiring 3 years of experience"? (Because fresh grads/entry level in Boston easily made more than that.)
    They assured me that the number was correct.
    The interviewer argued $60-70k was a competitive salary for the area and it wasn't bad.
    I pretty much immediately cut off the interview at that point.

Interview Questions

• What languages have you used and what technologies do you have experience in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn in January 2020.

Interview

I submitted a resume online. The next day I was sent an email asking me to take a personality and IQ test. Both took about 30 minutes. The questions on IQ test were cookie cutter SAT questions. The personality test was a series of about 100 questions asking on a scale of 1-5 how true is each statement. The statements ranged from “I feel sad” to “I make friends easily”. Overall, I thought the questions were invasive and inappropriate.

I was then contacted by the recruiter for an in person phone screen. I got the impression that they are going through quite of bit of change. The recruiter shared with me that the salary was $75k/year. After this point, I choose not to proceed as I was already making quite a bit more.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

This was a lengthy interview process that ended without any sort of feedback. I made it through the initial personality assessment, recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, and then I took a day off to visit the Boston office for my final interview where I met with 4 different managers. Everyone I met seemed friendly, smart and approachable, and I left feeling confident.

After following up with the recruiter I was told I’d hear back by the end of the week. Nothing. Naturally I followed up again after this, and then I never heard anything either way. It was very strange to me that they’d go radio silent after bringing me in for a final round interview.

Interview Questions

• What’s one project you’ve worked on either professionally or academically that required you to analyze a large amount of data?   Answer Question

Bullhorn Response

8 Apr 2020 – VP of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am sincerely sorry that your experience was not a favorable one. Unfortunately the recruiter that you were working with left Bullhorn and the transition to another recruiter was obviously not a smooth one. The Marketing Data Analyst position has since been put on hold until the quarantine is behind us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you are interested in discussing feedback or potential future next steps.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process well for me there was none because Bullhorn company rejected me due to two things one not having enough experience and two the mental quiz isn't fair enough. The company doesn't tell you how much experience on the job posting that you need to have in order to get an interview on the job posting. Neither it will tell you how high you need to get on the mental quiz in order to get selected further.

I recommend to anyone applying to this company espically to IT people coming out of college with no experience do not apply to the job posting because Bullhorn will reject immediately after the assessment if you do poorly in addition to having no experience.

Finally, this wasn't a good experience for me at all so this company gets one star.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back within a week with a link to take a personality and aptitude test. I was then asked to come in for a formal interview. It last about an hour and I was interviewed by three people.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Positive interview experience. The process took about two weeks from start to finish. Two phone interviews and then an afternoon of video interviews with a few different team members. 4-5 days after the final interviews, they reached out to inform me they decided to go with another candidate. I was given some great feedback and will keep my eyes peeled for other opportunities within the company. After all the great people I met with and things I've learned, this is a team I want to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic questions about team management, communication, and handling tough or complex situations.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.