CMC Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at CMC Markets

1. Featured Interview

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMC Markets (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

A very straightforward process. Firstly, there was a phone interview with the manager. Then, the week after there was an in-office interview with him. 2 days after that there was an interview with HR and other colleagues of the team.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your use of our platform   1 Answer

4 Feb 2021 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets was positive and we wish you continued success with us.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CMC Markets (West Valley City, UT (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Simple - Just a chat with the owner about the position and what if any related experience I had. It was easy and not a worry. Had a great experience and felt like I knew the position I was to be hired for.

Client Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMC Markets (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

First had the telephone interview and an interview with two managers. Talked about an additional course I did on the side to help with my knowledge. I felt at eased when being interviewed and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

CMC Markets Response

3 Feb 2021 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

Senior Pricing and Risk Developer (Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CMC Markets (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by an agent and forwarded a take home exercise, and I have completed it in TDD approach, I was very confident about it. After 5 days she said she received feed back from CMC and told me that sanity checks fail. Really doubtful how those sanity checks fail when there are tests already to guarantee the requirements are covered. And the worst thing is you will never know about the other party at CMC you are dealing with, so you have to be ready for such simple feedback.

Interview Questions

• A take home exercise, you will have to make your own assumptions .. etc. I cannot disclose the question because I have agreed so.   1 Answer

3 Feb 2021 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR or Recruitment Team at any time to discuss further - hr.inbox@cmcmarkets.com

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CMC Markets.

Interview

Fairly decent and above-average-industry-difficulty coding exercise which was fun to code, however when your solution doesn't pass, you will just hear "it's not passing our functional tests". So a reply rather than a feedback. Despite your solution correctly compiles, might have clean code, 15+ tests written (with correctly asserted numbers against original description) - you won't hear what was wrong...

Interview Questions

CMC Markets Response

4 Feb 2021 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMC Markets.

Interview

Just 30 min interview. Before the conversation, need to do a small quiz to examine your math skills. Then being asked some questions based on my resume. And some questions about the real economy.

Interview Questions

• If he is a long term investor, what will I do to invest his money?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CMC Markets (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Succinct process. First 10 minutes for a technical component design question. Next 45-50 minutes for Java tech test on laptop involving 4 different methods implementation that require extensive knowledge of Stream API, Multi-threading and Concurrency.

Interview Questions

• How to create a structure that stores word occurrences in a sorted manner - the words are read from a file.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CMC Markets (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

techincal round is related to the Java ground level and framework' related questions
    Project management round is related to the modules and the different software configurations to the environments.
    network related questions

Interview Questions

CMC Markets Response

4 Feb 2021 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets was positive and we wish you continued success in your future endeavours.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CMC Markets in October 2019.

Interview

1st Stage was a phone interview with one of the team members. Focused mainly around Linux sysadmin questions.

2nd Stage was an in person - aptitude test (very important to practice beforehand if never done before)

3rd stage was behavioral with International Management.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflicting opinion from your manager   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CMC Markets (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Initially they asked to write java program for a requirement (offline, you can take your own time to complete) and face to face. they may ask previous project and given opportunity how can you improve it. end of face to face they make ask you write test

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Unprofessional HR!

Received an invitation for interview via email, but only realised that it was cancelled after sending a confirmation email. HR personnel reasoned that one of the interviewer had a last minute travel arrangement and will not be available. Also mentioned that she will reconfirm the interview with me on a later date.

The following week, I emailed for an update but did not receive any response from HR. I prompted for an update the following week and was told that the position was now closed.

The HR personnel added in the email "hope to receive your application again for future suitable roles with CMC Markets Singapore."

Waited 3 weeks just to get a response for an interview, only to be told that it was already closed.

Speechless. Unprofessional. Waste of time. Avoid this company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.