Cambridge Design Partnership Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Design Partnership Interview Questions

Interviews at Cambridge Design Partnership

3.5

Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a very interesting interview process and kept me on my toes at all time in a creative and innovative approach. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership.

Interview

About a week after submitting my application I was contacted back for a 30 -60 minute phone interview. After that initial screening I was given a take-home coding test. After submitting the test I was contacted back 4 weeks later to inform me I was not qualified.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions about C++ in the phone interview followed by a difficult take-home coding test.   Answer Question

Electronic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership (Cambridge, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I had an interview with CDP for 30 minutes. I was surprised at the start of the technical interview when the interviewer told me: "They asked me to interview you for electronics role!" Clearly the interviewer did not know the role description or anything about my CV! I just wanted to politely end the interview. The interviewer could not explain what they are really doing at CDP or what are the duties of the role! The interviewer also commented on my shirt/tie (he thinks wearing a shirt and tie is not necessary!).

Operations Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership.

Interview

Phone call screening followed by 1h30 interview.

Interview went well however after saying they were delayed in announcing who would progress to a final stage interview, there was no follow-up contact until this day . Very unprofessional. Beware.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic wand, what type of job would you choose ?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership (Cambridge, England) in October 2019.

Interview

CV Submission followed by 2 back-to-back face-to-face interviewsr.

The first interviewer was friendly, asked tough questions on design and would provide some help if you were struggling.

The second was not overly friendly and was obviously arrogant about their Cambridge degree. They didn't seem to understand that not everybody would want to follow the same academic path as them and people's reasoning for not doing so was purely based on the fact that they didn't have the ability.
    They asked similar design questions as the first interviewer did, however by this point had entirely put me off ever wanting to work in the same organisation as them. Despite enjoying the design questions and the first interview, this attitude made this interview process overall a waste of time and left a fairly bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• *Showing me a product they've recently designed* - Can you tell me the function of this?   Answer Question

Consultant Physicist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership.

Interview

Phone interview which went well, followed up by a face to face interview. The question was straightforward enough but unfortunately the interviewer talked over me when I tried to explain myself. You'll be shocked to hear this made me panic! Didn't like my explanations or the angles I was coming from, and although I should have brushed up more on my knowledge before going the entire experience left me with a bad feeling about working with the team. Technical interview was cut short early, followed by a brief meeting with an HR manager for a chat about how I found out about the company and what benefits I wanted to ask about. Declined at that point to carry on the interview further.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building a totally renewable energy based house and estimate the power/costs related to the renewable technologies you have chosen.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership in January 2018.

Interview

Technical questions regarding previous projects, followed by a product design question. It was a two-part one to one interview and the interviewers were very friendly. It was an overall good experience

Interview Questions

• Given product requirements and was asked to describe my thought process   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Design Partnership (Cambridge, England) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a thorough interview process, starting with a telephone interview then face to face. During the face to face interview I was on site for around three hours. At several points during the interview process I was asked if I had childcare responsibility, leading me to believe this may not be a family friendly company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.