Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Citadel Interview Questions

Interviews at Citadel

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical phone screen after talking to recruiter, very tough question, was rejected about a week later. Nice experience but hard to prep for. I Would apply agai n for sure.

Quant Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

First round phone interview, mix of coding and technical questions. Interviewer was extremely unwilling to offer any guidance or help and made the process pretty uncomfortable. rejected after this first round even though I answered most questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Sample points randomly from a unit sphere. How do you get uniform variables?
      sample random standard normal variables X1, X2, X3 for the 3 coordinates of the point in the sphere. Then (X1,X2,X3)/sqrt(X1+X2+X3) = (X1,X2,X3) is uniform.
      What is the variance of each of these uniform variables?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 3 hr on-site. The on site had 4 hour long interviews. I didn’t get all the questions correct quickly. The first phone screen was super chill where we just talked about market making ideas and made markets on stuff

Interview Questions

• Some generic market making and estimation of fractions and probability stuff.   Answer Question

Interview

I just take the OA. There are 2 questions for 70 minutes. The main topic is about recursion. If you can deal with the recursion problem well on the leetcode, i think you can do well in this OA.

Internship Interview

Interview

A lot of back and forth with HR, overall speaking with the traders was easier than being in contact with HR. Very long process for me and stressful but overall okay

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

The first round was a take home coding challenge on Hackerrank consisting of 3 questions for 90 minutes. Then the second round was a live coding interview with another engineer through video call.

Interview Questions

• What is the runttime of this function that you just coded? How can you make it better?   Answer Question

Quant Research Intern Interview

Interview

The first round was ~30 minutes of phone interview. The interviewer asked 2~3 questions, mainly about probability, combinatorics and math. I didn't manage to pass the first round so these are all I know.

Interview Questions

• Q: Integrate xlogx.

Q: Put the numbers 1~1000 around a circle in order. Start at 1, you delete the number 1, 3, 5, ... and carry on this pattern of deleting numbers alternatively until there's only one number left. Determine that number.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Received an online assessment right after I submitted the application. After doing that test, I never heard anything back. The test was online and timed, and included 2 somewhat difficult leetcode style problems

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Here are some things you need to know about Citadel:

1. I applied to work for them over 10 years ago. They called up my current manager at the time and talked to him about me (without asking me). I was a little clueless about this at the time, even though my manager hinted at it. If I was a little more perceptive, I would have realized what they did and not gone in for the interview.

So, if you decide to apply and are working full time somewhere, you should ask them not to contact your current employer until after there is an offer. But, I'm not even sure they would agree to this. So, I recommend avoiding the place simply because of this.

2. The 2nd thing that you need to be aware of is that the company cuts 10% of its "worst" employees at the end of each year. The head of the firm likes to experiment with social Darwinism and this is one of the policies.

It is not hard to see that "worst employees" turns into a very nasty game of political survival. I doubt if I would have been around that long since I tend to speak truth to power.

I can see working here as a contractor if the pay is adequate.

Interview Questions

• Mostly object oriented C++ questions.

They asked me to write a function for the add operator.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

There were 4 sets of interviews and the interviewers were asking standard coding questions - on the level of LC Medium. There were also behavioral questions thrown in and a lot of resume grilling.

Interview Questions

• Determine if a sentence has the right order of opening and closing brackets, given 3 types of brackets.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.