Coupang Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Coupang Interview Questions

Interviews at Coupang

2.9

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Overall very pleasant, but interviewers showed up late. Spent a lot time discussing their needs, timeline, team structure. etc, plus one algorithm question and a few design question. Questions are in general quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Talked about past experience, asked me to design an Ads system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had the chance to interview with several members of the team over video call. With each team member, I had the chance to chat, ask questions, and then do live coding problems.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which returns the lowest common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter
    Phone calls with two PMs
    Onsite interview

HR was a complete mess from start to finish. Luckily, every interviewer was razor sharp, which made the overall experience much better.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that one business line is performing much poorly than the others - how would you solve?   3 Answers

Interview

I handed in my résumé at university career fair. After passing a coding phone screen, I was invited onsite. The onsite interview had three rounds. Each round lasted half an hour. I received offer in two days.

Interview Questions

• Design a machine leaning pipeline that distinguish high value customers.   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coupang (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

There was one phone round followed by four onsite rounds.
    The interview with head of engineering was mostly behavioral. Grilled me about previous contributions, various projects, company culture and went over the company/org goals. This person was very detail-oriented. Then interview with engineering mgr was a coding interview. Another interview with a director which was kind of design a data structure for a specific use case and code it. Also went over one of my previous projects in detail. Spent 25 min on one project and asked a number of follow up questions. Another interview with a principal engineer was more of a architecture of another project of mine. Again a lot of follow up questions and scenario based design question.
    The interviews were well organized compared to my company. Each interviewer had a specific goal and they played according to it. Seemed they spoke with one another between the interviews. usually that leads to preconceived notions. of course I don't care as I made it thru.
    Another thing that stood out was that the engg mgr could get into the code. I was amazed when he was able to figure out issue with my code.
    All in all a positive exp.

Interview Questions

• One DP question & one array kind of problem of medium difficulty. Be prepared for deep deep dive of your projects and many follow up qs.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coupang (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me, and setup a telephonic screening with one of the engineers in their team. There is a reschedule at the last minute so somebody else takes the interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer after introducing himself and explaining about the company, asks a very simple algo question. i write it on the shared hackerank link. He then asks me to run it for different inputs and it works fine. He says this is good, any questions for me, and after that says i saved 10 mins of your interview time and logs off. The next day, recruiter replies saying we are not moving forward because, your coding was not up-to the mark. what ???.   Answer Question

Senior Instock Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coupang.

Interview

Recruiter reached out first. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then follow up was never done on promised time, multiple phone tags, etc. Felt like they expect you to be the one accommodating their schedule 100 percent. Based on my experience, recruiting shows the glimpse of company culture. In this case, dont feel like my time being respected at all, thus withdrew.

Principal Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coupang (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

The short comment is: DO NEVER CONSIDER THIS COMPANY!

The hiring process is the most ridiculous one I have ever seen. The interview went fine, and the hr told me they are going to make me an offer...

Then in the next two months, I followed up a couple of times and the hr always gave me a different reason why they are still working on the offer. At the beginning, this company was indeed my first choice and I told them if getting an offer with my expected base, I will stop all my other interview processes. However after two months, they told me the real reason... 1. The base was too high for them 2. The company asked the hr to “keep me warm” for another couple of weeks... and meanwhile the hr is blaming me that I have other interviews ongoing, really?

I can’t believe what I heard. They just kept me as a backup for two months and they want to do it for longer time. The worst thing is, internally, they are used to this trick. Their mindset is: I want to keep you warm as long as I like and meanwhile you should show your determination to join my company.

I got a couple of strong offers from much better companies during that two months and decided to share this experience with all people who are interested in this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard interview process with a phone interview and then an onsite. Did poorly on the interview but that was my fault due to insufficient preparation. The process was fair and friendly throughout.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process was usual HackerRank coding exercise and then onsite interview. Setup for the interview was good. I was given office tour. I was provided lunch too.
    Unfortunately, the interviewers were getting busy in other meetings and substitutes were send 30 minutes later. Some interviewer had a very thick accent, it was extremely difficult to understand majority os what they say.
    One other good this was, unlike most companies, they emailed next day about their decision and brought a closure.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a system, like eBay where the third-party vendor can register their goods. While placing the order make sure the order reaches the supplier in real time.
      2. Write code to execute a particular piece of code in an async manner periodically.
      3. Determine If the string is Palindrome.
      4. Determine how may substring is palindrome in a String aabbac => a,a,b,b,a,c,aa,abba,bb   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.