Cymer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cymer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cymer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

There was good communication and good scheduling for the interview , average questions asked . First pass with HR then moved on to a panel interview with the team.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (Chandler, AZ (US)).

Interview

Initial interview through a veteran agency. Second interview was on site with the manager and the two supervisors. There was a basic questionnaire to answer before the second interview. Overall the process was easy.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview overall is not too bad. The interviewer called me half an hour late. Both general questions and coding questions asked but not too hard. First round with a HR and talked about background. Then I got two calls from their engineer team and scheduled a tech interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cymer.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview, mostly describing position. 4 or 5 days later received an email to schedule an onsite interview the following week. The onsite interview was ~3 hrs in duration

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cymer.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by two personal interview rounds.
    Spoke to 8 people total for half an hour each.
    Total process took about 5 weeks.
    Questions were of average difficulty and repetitive. Mostly process related questions.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews: 2 of them with current Test Engineers and one with an HR representative at different times. The first phone interview lasted 45 minutes and the other one lasted a bit more than an hour. There were technical questions involved as well as questions about the position description in resume. They were really easygoing and the interview process was well structured.

Interview Questions

• How can you generate electricity?   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a phone interview. After passing the phone interview, I was scheduled to come on site where I was given a tour and 3 back to back interviews, some with one person, and some with two. The on-site process took about 4 hours. I was told I would be notified if I would receive an offer in the next few days. After emailing them a week later, I was informed I was not going to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Specific technical questions relating to projects. What do I know about the company? General control related technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview with out any notice before that. Just got a call from the hire managers ( I guess) . This person asked some general questions , and then he asked me when I got my master and bachelor degrees. I think he just wants to know how old I am, and this question made me uncomfortable and realized the ageism .

Interview Questions

• What are you doing at your current position?
      When did you get your master and bachelor degree? ( equals how old you are)   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer.

Interview

45 minute presentation followed by individual interviews. The presentation was in front of a group of less than 10 people and the individual interviews were held by 2 people at a time. The duration was about 4.5 hours

Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Had initial phone screening with HR 2 weeks after applying. Then 4 days later phone interview with hiring manager. 2 weeks later onsite interview for about 5 hours and meeting 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused about past experience and some engineering technical questions. Also some questions about project leading and managements   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.