DLA Piper Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DLA Piper Interview Questions

Interviews at DLA Piper

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Process may vary depending on role. I met with individuals from the team, and focus was on my previous experience and what I was looking for in the role. I also got information about the team and role that helped in the decision making process.

Case Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied and then received a link to a hirevue interview. They ask standard questions, some behavioral and some about your experience with office software. Afterwards, they never followed up on my application, or even reviewed it? Very confusing

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with legal research, Microsoft Word   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DLA Piper in January 2020.

Interview

They used one of those video interview systems which tries to interpret your facial expressions and voice intonation. If you’ve never done this before, it’s an odd experience and I don’t think it represented me well. My take is if they are so impersonal on the interview process, imagine what it would be like working there? In addition, they never even bothered to get back to me. How hard is it to send an automated rejection letter?Again, they show their true colors.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position   Answer Question
    • If I asked your colleagues to describe you, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

started with a Skype interview. That was followed by a few tests and then eventually was brought in for a face to face. They evaluated me fairly quickly and was offered a job within a few business days.

Legal Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

I was sent an invitation to do a Hirevue interview, which is actually an interview with your computer camera basically (vlog-style) and you do not interact with a person. You should definitely prep for this as you'll be talking to yourself and you will have only about 3 minutes per question to answer and no re-dos on the Hirevue system. The questions were pretty common.

Following this, you have to complete a skills assessment -- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, which wasn't too hard, and behavioral questions (i.e. if you were given an assignment and another supervisor gave you another assignment, what would you do? a) try to do both and hope for the best, b) have colleagues help you, c) I don't know...).

After this, an on-site interview was scheduled--very quick and somewhat unorganized, not sure what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why this company, what legal databases do you know, tell me about your background and experience (and why you are a fit), what is your experience with Microsoft Suite, etc.   Answer Question

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Sacramento, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

After submitting a digital interview, going through a first and second interview and asking 5 of my references to complete a tedious questionnaire, DLA waited over a month after the second interview to inform me that they "decided to go a different direction"--only doing so after multiple update requests. I understand that a month does not have to be a long time, but I think subjecting a potential employee to such a tedious process only to wait a month to tell them they did not get the job shows a lack of respect for an applicant's time.

I acknowledge my perspective may be particularly skewed because I have only been at my current position for 4 months now, so it was difficult for me to arrange the time off to interview in person. With that being said, please see the timeline below:

May 21: Recruiter reached out via linkedin
    May 28: Submitted Application
    May 29: Digital interview requested complete within 48 hours. Record responses to prerecorded questions.
    June 4th: Interview requested. Request to submit 5 references to complete questionnaire regarding work performance.
    June 11th: First Interview
    June 13th: References completed
    June 17th: Second Interview
    June 27th: My first follow up: Recruiter told me he would let me know know once he touched base with the hiring manager.
    July 8: My second follow up. Recruiter out of office.
    July 15: Informed I did not get the position.

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DLA Piper in May 2019.

Interview

Got the same email request for a video interview as everyone else. Very off-putting. I went ahead a went through with it just for the experience knowing I would not want to work for an organization with these kinds of hiring practices...I'll leave it at that. Amazingly, I never heard a peep back from them after the "interview."

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you a good fit to work at this company?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The process is so awkward, and I have never experienced an interview process like it. Instead a typical phone screening, they emailed me a link to download an app and answer preselected questions by video recording myself on the app. This sends a strong message that they do not have, nor care to invest, the time to build organic, meaningful relationships with their prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions.   1 Answer

Director IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper (Reston, VA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied on line and received a Video link to record a couple responses. This is the first time doing so, but after a couple practice rounds, I felt comfortable. Interviews were a panel form via VTC format with other leadership members. The Recruiting team was very communicative and timely with email responses to questions.

Interview Questions

• What weakness do you feel can become a benefit and why?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DLA Piper.

Interview

The interview was a video interview that allowed 1 minute to prepare for each question. Each question allowed for approximately 3 minutes to answer, and then you move on to the next question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.