DNEG Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at DNEG

2.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 66 candidate interviews
DNEG
Application

I interviewed at DNEG

Interview

Allowed me to introduce myself and what I've done. Proceeded to ask me about my academic projects related to Python, as well as why I applied for the role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about your Python projects.
    Answer Question
DNEG
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG

Interview

Do not waste your time. I applied online. Then was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. After the phone screen I was sent a technical test. After the technical test I had two more interviews, one with two pipeline director followed by an interview with the Production Technology Department Manager. These interview were pretty standard. The worst part about this entire process is that I had to wait over a month for my rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2021

Interview

I had a standard Zoom Interview with nothing particularly special about it. I applied for the position and interviewed two weeks later and was ghosted after that with no word either way on if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
  • One question I was asked is "Why DNEG?"
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC) in Dec 2020

Interview

The first step was a video call with a recruiter. The next step was a Python coding test at Codility. I was very well acquainted with the Codility platform and the questions were easy. Yet, I was refused entry to the next step in the hiring process as they made a sudden conclusion that this position was too "entry-level" for me. My note to the recruiters: If you think I am overqualified for a position, it is better to let me know from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC) in Dec 2020

Interview

I've had two encounters with this same position. The first time, I applied on LinkedIn, got a response a month later (a month!). Clearly not their first choice, but ok nonetheless decided to go through with it. Had a quick call with the recruiter who told me I was a fit for two positions and who stressed that I should follow up with him after this call if I hadn't heard back. Did as he said, completely ignored my message and then two weeks later sent a rejection email for both positions. The second time, I was approached by a recruiter who did not call/meet with me but messaged me on LinkedIn asking if I'm interested in the position. She then booked me for an interview with the director and producer of the project. The director was unprofessional beyond description. It seemed that he had already chosen someone else. He did not ask me anything related to my experience, instead he decided to explain to me why this role is not a fit for me. He then suggested I check out his instagram page to see examples of short videos he directed and shot on his phone (yes phone). I can not begin to describe how insulting this whole process was, especially given that I was the one approached by their recruiter! For me, it doesn't matter if DNEG gets work on interesting content, they are disrespectful to prospective talents (and I bet, needless to say, to existing talents as well). I'd rather work for a studio where I'm treated with respect and professionalism.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly irrelevant to my experience in a highly offensive manner: Have you directed something before? Where did you learn to do what you do? Did you go to animation school?
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

The Interview process is good and professional. Goes from one short interview, to a longer one with the CG sup. And is an extensive explanation of the role as well as projects and potential workflows. Lots of questions about past experience and passion.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about what process I used on my personal projects versus my group projects.
  • What my previous work experience is
  • How my attention to detail is held
Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC) in Nov 2019

Interview

Pretty laid back with all of the usual questions. No surprise questions. I applied, interviewed and had my first day all within two weeks but I don't think this is indicative of the usual process.

Interview Questions
DNEG
Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC) in Nov 2019

Interview

meet with the head of the production after having a successful screening phone call with the recruiter. It was pretty chilled and relaxed after all this company is very respectful. Salaries are a bit low, unfortunately. but very nice culture

Interview Questions
  • Why are you switching job? What is the most difficult show you've worked on and why?
DNEG
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG

Interview

Phone screening, first interview, coding test, second interview, offer I first got an email and scheduled a phone interview. Then I got a link to a online coding test. After that I had face-to-face interview with a hr manager and supervisor. The final interview was made with two supervisors with focus on technical questions. After few days hr manager called and told me that I got the offer.

Interview Questions
DNEG
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DNEG

Interview

Informal chat with the anim supes and an artist manager. We discussed the projects currently in production and what working on them would entail. The whole process took around a half hour and felt more like a chat with friends than a job interview.

Interview Questions
  • I cannot recall specific questions as, often times these "interviews" are treated more as a conversation to get a feel for your personality/history as an artist. Things that usually get touched on are what your artistic background is, what you'd like to get out of a specific project (if anything) and whether or not you'd be interested in what they're working on at the time of the interview.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews