DRW Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DRW Interview Questions

Interviews at DRW

3.3

Derivatives Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

Was reached out to by a headhunter--had two calls, one with a trader and one with the head of the group. One onsite interview, which lasted about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe largest drawdown, position, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

Overall was alright. First off had an online assessment consisting of 5 questions. After completing it was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. Interviewer was nice and we chatted afterwards pretty casually. He was also quite patient with regards to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a path of length n. You flip a coin, if heads move one space and if tails move two spaces. You keep flipping until you reach the end. If P(i) is the probability of landing on space i, for what value of i is P(i) maximized?   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DRW (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It is an Online Assessment. They sent me the email two days after I applied it. Questions are not that difficult except the last one( also with most points).

Interview Questions

• There are four questions: 1. optimization 2. matrix calculation 3. flip-coin game and derivative pricing 4. surface area and volume of the unit ball in different dimensions, totally have no idea.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Submitted application online and received request for interview a few days later. After phone interview, I heard back within a few days. Overall, fast process and less than a month total. They interview on a rolling basis with no formal process.

Quantitative Trader Interview

Interview

First round, math questions.
    Second round, phone intereview.
    Third round, on-site interview.
    The interviewer was very nice, and patient to your questions. The whole process was reasonably fine. Even if you don't know the answer for the question, the interviewer would provide you some hints. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Probabilistic questions
      2. Behavior questions
      3. Research questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

applied online, receive an online test of 4/5 math problems. Then 45 minutes phone interview, both behavioral and technical, not very typical technical questions at trading companies. Did not pass the phone interview because I made a silly mistakes in techinical questions. The interviewee is very nice

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

Online Test, around 16 questions, 75 minutes to finish. Mainly about mathematics problem, no programming though. Some are tricky, need have an in detail grasp pf probability and statistics. Time is tight.

Interview Questions

• Linear Algebra, Probability, Stochastic Process (possion process), random walk problem (need martingale)
      I did not pass, need strengthen probability!   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRW in October 2019.

Interview

Met with DRW at a university career fair, applied online. I was given a 30 minute math assessment consisting of 4 questions, I did not do well and got a rejection e-mail a few days later. There was an optimization and matrix algebra problem that I ran out of time on, a probability problem that was not worded well, and a hyperspace problem I have no idea how you're supposed to solve if you don't just have 2 numbers memorized.

Interview Questions

• For an n-dimensional unit sphere, the volume and surface area peak at i and j values. What is j-i?   1 Answer
    • There is a weighted coin, P(heads) = 0.6. The coin is flipped 4 times, if it's heads A wins 1$ if it's tails B wins $1, what is the expected value of a bet where if A wins overall, you get his winnings, if B wins overall you get 0.   1 Answer

Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

I applied online and then the next day I got an online multiple choice question test. It was really tough and focused on probability questions then got into statistics questions.

Interview Questions

• Given that the result of flipping a coin 5 times is 4 heads and 1 tails, and given that it is either a fair coin or a weighted coin that produces 60 percent heads. What is the probability that it is the weighted coin,   2 Answers

Quant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

first application through handshake, then I got my first round online test, focus on math, probability and statistics, some questions are hard, and you only have limited time to finish them.

Interview Questions

• like 16 questions, in 20 mins   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.