Debevoise & Plimpton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Debevoise & Plimpton Interview Questions

Interviews at Debevoise & Plimpton

2.7

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

It was a fair process. I was evaluated both on my resume and my ability to answer the questions provided given my experiences in and outside of the classroom. The person was very friendly and I would definitely recommend this company to anybody looking for a more relaxed environment

Interview Questions

• What relevant extra curricular activities have you participated in?   Answer Question

Interview

It was a one step interview and roughly thirty minutes long. I was a temp. position for the busy summer recruiting season so the interview was rather simple and easy. They just wanted to know what I was capable of and get to know me as a person.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The initial phone screen and face to face interviews were great. The interviewers were very professional and provided great detail on the position and what was required in the role. They were really excited about my background and were eager to get me back in for the final in-person discussions with some other colleagues in HR. The second round of interviews went very well however, the firm never followed-up on the final hiring decision. It's important to provide courtesy to candidates especially with Management roles and above. No follow-up emails or calls to at least say thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to candidates is very unprofessional, especially for a prestigious law firm.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? Tell us about your background etc.....Basic questions   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process included first a screening 20 minute interview. Then, I was invited back to the office for a longer interview. I interviewed with 3 different partners for 35 minutes each and then met with 2 associates.

Summer Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very casual. 30 minute one on one interview with a recruitment officer. The process was a part of a job fair so the interviews are short and the questions are limited, because you're part of a cattle call it's clear that you're expected to have a unique and impressive answer to what are pretty standard questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, lasted about 15 minutes with someone from HR.

They then invited me in for an in person interview, this was with a manager, fairly informal, lasted about an hour though.

The final interview was with a director. Semi-formal, lasted 25 minutes, just gave me more info about the department.

Offered me the position contingent on a background check, after about 3 days I cleared backgrounds.

Whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online and then I was called by an HR coordinator. The phone interview was very conversational, basic interview questions and trying to get a sense of your personality. In a couple days I met with HR and then managers of the department.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses? Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Billing & Collections Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with collections supervisor and manager . Interviewers explained job functions and tasks and went into great detail on working hours during busy season.

Only negative with this experience was not hearing back either way . I don't think I've ever had an organization not at least acknowledge that I took a meeting. Left not the best impression of this firm from a interview / potential new hire view point

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding previous experiences how I dealt with work load ,   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with several partners ik one day. The interview went well and i received an offer the same day. Overall was very happy with process. They agreed that I could wait a couple of months to start so I can get my bonus from prior firm.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Debevoise & Plimpton (New York, NY (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

There will be a meeting with 4-5 partners for about thirty minutes each, followed by lunch, coffee, or dinner with two associates. Overall, the interview process takes anywhere from 4-6 hours. If you express a preference about a certain practice group, many of your interviewers will be from that practice group. Otherwise, it is random.

Interview Questions

• Many interviewers will ask you if you have any questions about Debevoise. Some may also ask why Debevoise.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.