Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.

Interview

Several phone interviews, personality assessment and in person interview followed by another in person interview and then another interview and an IQ test followed by another personality test and a panal interview

Interview Questions

• What’s your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory in December 2019.

Interview

I had to complete two online tests (both numerical and verbal reasoning), an online application form and a video interview before being invited to a 2 hour face-to-face interview and assessment day.

Interview Questions

• What have you learnt about yourself whilst at University?   Answer Question
    • Technical questions relating to my degree   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about DSTL's role within the defence industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sevenoaks, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Sevenoaks, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Online apitude test (mathematical only), Recorded video inteview (answering pre-recorded questions), followed by a Phone Interview, followed by in person interview at their Kent base split into technichal and behavioural sections

Defence and Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Online interview consisting of 4 questions with varying response times given depending on the technicality of the question. Response times given were between 30s (e.g. why do you want to work for Dstl) and 2 mins (e.g. give an example of a technical document you've had to produce and why do you think this will help you at your role at Dstl)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a technical document you've had to produce and why do you think this will help you at your role at Dstl?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Dstl?   Answer Question

Cyber and Information Systems Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Salisbury, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Answered a few questions online and submitted a cover letter. They called me up, asked a few questions, and invited me to an interview. Very technical interview with a few teamwork questions. Heard back the next day.

Counter Terrorism Interview

Interview

I applied online by answering a series of questions about my skills, qualifications and suitability for the role. This was followed by an online test and an hour long interview .

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.

Interview

I had a very welcoming interview with a panel of three interveiwers once I had submited my CV and done the online assessments. The interview focused on senarios and examples of teamwork/leadership/group management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you have had to manage a group of people? What steps do you think are involved in planning a project? What would you do if a member of your team was struggling?   1 Answer

Research Psychologist Interview

Interview

online application. standard upload you CV. questions relating to competencies. questions on technical skills, questions on situations where you had shown particular skills. not too long of an online application.

Surveilance/Cyber Interview

Interview

People from different areas of the business present so could ask a wide variety of questions. Very much seemed to be interested in the individual and then look at where skills would fit into their work

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about previous employment and then drilled down into specifics   Answer Question

Weapons Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fareham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Fareham, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview was a skype interview.

1. Present a slideshow of a project i had completed,
    2. Answer questions about myself (hobbies, interests etc)
    3. Answer technical questions about position
    4. Ask the employer questions

Interview Questions

• What variables would i consider in a described situation   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.