Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.

Interview

Several phone interviews, personality assessment and in person interview followed by another in person interview and then another interview and an IQ test followed by another personality test and a panal interview

Interview Questions

• What’s your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Social Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.

Interview

You will be lied to about the job you are applying for.

I applied for the graduate social scientist position under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme as I am disabled. I was initially rejected due to "not meeting the minimum criteria". However, when challenging them, saying that I got a distinction at a Master's level, they then turned around and said I did meet their minimum criteria. However, they mentioned that the role I was applying for turned out to be a cyber-psychology position, rather than a "Social Scientist" .

Basically, they are wasting the time of the vast majority of applicants (and their own team) by not being specific in the roles they are advertising for.

Providing a realistic preview of the job you are going to do is one of the most basic things in recruiting. Rubbish HR!

Interview Questions

• What is the nature of your disability and do you need any special arrangements? I'm not joking.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application with generic personality and communication based questions along with a copy of your CV. About 8 weeks later I was offered an in person interview. Interview was conducted by two people, both of whom were very friendly. There were some technical questions and I was also asked to provide examples of various situations where I demonstrated various skills.

Interview Questions

• Which parts of the electromagnetic spectrum are used to detect aircraft?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Salisbury, England) in April 2012.

Interview

Online application, 1 hour long interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions switched between competency based, technical knowledge and things on your CV.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in April 2011.

Interview

The application process was pretty straight forward, once I'd filled in the aplication form and emailed it off, I was contacted by email and told that i'd been selected for interview. They also sent over two referee request forms and a security clearance questionaire, all completed forms had to be printed and brought with us to email.

Once i was there (the interview site is very difficult to get to) there was a lot of waiting around, and everything seemed to be running late. The interview however, was not too challenging, with three members of staff and based mainly on competency questions. There was very little technical knowledge required.

Interview Questions

• What are your feeliings about the ethics of some parts of the defence industry?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.

Interview

A 10 minute presentation without IT on my own research highlight from a previous role followed by 50 minutes of a mixture of technical competency and knowledge from my previous experience and on the proposed role. Followed by behavioural questions.

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.

Interview

Just an online application and then got invited to Salisbury for the interview. The online application had some competency question, you're selected based on that answers, so make sure you answer that aa best as you possibly can

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Salisbury, England) in May 2012.

Interview

After initial online application and testing, was invited to an interview at the company's main site. It was a fairly painless process in a room with a manager and engineer for around 45 minutes discussing things like my academic experiences so far and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• General questions surrounding Defense industry and technical questions on projects I'd undertaken at University   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Salisbury, England) in March 2012.

Interview

3 stage process. Online personality and aptitude test, technical interview, general interview. Role play: team leader and difficult team member. All very fair and quite enjoyable. Received good feedback. Well organised.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Chose not to.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Salisbury, England) in November 2012.

Interview

on line applications followed by call to interview. quite quick to interview stage.
    interview was OK, but lot of people in the room! Test beforehand and a psychometric test as well. took a long time to get results to me and even longer to start.

Negotiation

OK, had to push on salary

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.