Devon County Council Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Devon County Council

Devon County Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devon County Council

Interview

Good interview process. It was with a panel of three via Teams. Questions were related to the role and fair, they weren't trying to catch me out. Also, they were happy to clarify any questions I wasn't sure of, which helped everything go smoother and improved the quality of my answers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us what you know about the role?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devon County Council (Exeter, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

The process was rigorous. The interviewers were fair. The time from submission to interview was timely. The process was rightly competitive. Feedback was good and transparent. The questions were challenging but relevant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Devon County Council (Exeter, England, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

Held on an assessment day. 1st task - Panel interview - Interviewed by 3 engineers 2nd task - Maths test 3rd task - AutoCAD proficiency test 4th task - Self researched presentation - Given 20 minutes to prepare a brief 5 minute presentation on 4 given questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tiverton, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon County Council (Tiverton, South West England, England, England) in Apr 2017

Interview

I applied through the standard DCC application form and when I was accepted for an interview I had to do a quick online test (took 30 mins) to prove I could use basic office software and see how quick I could proof read. They do not check these results before you interview. The interview day I met with other social work team resource officers who explained the job and answered any questions - they also check you out to see if you will fit in nicely in the office. After this I went down and had a 45 minute interview with a panel of three managers, asked questions which you score points against. Before all this you are sent bits about the job to read up and it really helped me prepare answers for my interview. When the Interview was over I was told to be expecting a call Monday however they did try to call me the same day ( I missed the call eek) and accepted my position when they finally did get hold of me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you have been under pressure and had to use your initiative?

Anonymous Employee in Bideford, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Devon County Council (Bideford, England, England)

Interview

it was very good about 35 min long and the boss was very nice we talked about all diffent things and all went well we went throught every thing i had to do and lurne i was all redy doing stand in for sick ness befor i got a perment job to were i still am today

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Devon County Council (Exeter, England, England) in Sep 2015

Interview

Once invited into the offices, met with team leader and team manager. Very easy going, went through key points and questions. Relaxed an casual, no pressure. Complete in 30 minutes after copying ID.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dartington, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon County Council (Dartington, England, England) in Jan 2012

Interview

The interview involved four elements: 1) Online application. 2) 30 minutes written exercise. 3) Panel interview (3 interviewers; two managers, one service user). The overall duration of the interview was approximately 40 minutes. 4) CRB / DBS check.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us about your experiences of discrimination?
1 person found this interview helpful