Diligent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Diligent Interview Questions

Interviews at Diligent

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diligent in February 2020.

Interview

This company is very unprofessional. Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview almost immediately. Had to do multiple back and forths with the HR rep who didn't seem organized or friendly. About an hour before my scheduled phone call, I get a generic rejection email with no context and no note from the HR rep. Finding this to be very strange and not industry standard, I sent an email to the HR rep for clarification and never received a response. Terrible first impression and will never consider working here.

Interview Questions

• No questions, poor communication and recruiting process.   Answer Question

Corporate Governance Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diligent (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter where he went over my resume and asked a couple technical questions about the job. Then invited for an interview with the manager and members of the team during which I wasn't asked anything technical but instead I was expected to ask the team members questions about the position. The interview went well and I believed I vibed well with the staff. A week after my interview, I was asked to complete a writing test. I was sent a financial disclosure and asked to provide a summary of relevant factors within 90 mins. A week after completing that, I was told by the recruiter that I did a great job on that as well. However, I was told that a final decision had not been made. The date the recruiter told me a decision would be made by came and went, I followed up and the recruiter gave another date. This happened three times over a month before the recruiter stopped responding to my emails and answering calls.

Interview Questions

• What are the basics of corporate governance and ownership structure of a company   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Diligent.

Interview

They started with phone screens with a recruiter, head of the team, and a Sr. member of the engineering team. In-person or video interviews with an outside consultant, senior leadership of the product team, head of design, head of Corp Dev, and head of the team again. The recruiter told me that I was in "the clubhouse" (e.g., first choice) and then told me to give them a few weeks to decide. As a few weeks turned into two months as I was asked to be patient with the executive team multiple times. After requesting an update on my candidacy (due to radio silence), the recruiter told me "the hiring team hasn't mentioned you in a while, so that's probably a no". This was the WORST candidate experience I've ever had. Everyone was enjoyable and interesting individually, but their collective indecisiveness was very rude and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• They would explain key facts of a potential acquisition (on a fact sheet) and asked how I would go about integrating it with Diligent.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent in April 2019.

Interview

It was a series of three-four phone calls. The first with the recruiter, and then with two people on the team you're applying for. If you're in the area they prefer you to come in for an interview

Interview Questions

Diligent Response

14 Oct 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Diligent is made up of hardworking, helpful and inclusive individuals who are willing to partner with and go the extra mile for others. We put a lot of effort into making sure our interns experience the breadth and depth of all we have to offer—and we are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed working with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. - Avigail Dadone, Chief People Officer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Diligent (Bend, OR (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. First interview with internal recruiter via phone. Second interview with COO of manzama. 3rd phone interview with CEO of manzama.
     Final interview went onsite to Bend, OR

Position moved from management in Bend, OR to New York. Interviewed over a month ago, and still have not received travel expense reimbursement.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interviews with recruiter and three other decision makers. Was also given a personality assessment. Calls went very well and I thought that I was eventually going to make it to the final interviews (and potentially get an offer), but after a week a got an update saying that they moved on with other candidates who closely matched their needs. However, the recruiter gave honest feedback and connected me with her other contacts at similar firms who were hiring for SDR roles!

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

2 Phone screens where I spoke with HR and the hiring manager.
    In-person interview where I spoke with the hiring manager briefly then members of the team in their New York office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.
      What interests you about working at Diligent?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diligent.

Interview

Recruiter kept rescheduling because he was sick, but an hour before my initial interview he scheduled, he asked if we could talk then. Then had an initial phone screen, the recruiter said I was a really good fit- I was building exactly the product they were looking to hire for. He told me that he would look to talk to the hiring manager in 2-3 days and ghosted me. Emailed and followed up, but he never got back to me..Got a rejection email 1.5 months later with no explanation.

Governance Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

First round over the phone, subsequent rounds in person with multiple managers. Different managers ask you different questions based on certain criteria. This depends on which department you are applying to but mine had several rounds with several different key managers in my field.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

At first very timely, responsive, transparent and engaging. Lengthy process, no sense of how long before decision is made. Seemed rushed, then not, then rushed again. Recruiter, once fully engaged, completely unresponsive.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.