Diligent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Diligent

2.7

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process is all by email and phone.

Involved one brief phone screen.

Then a second slightly more extensive question and answer session by phone.

Not much substance including that their highest priority seemed to be a candidate that could be interviewed remotely and work remotely. They could've helped themselves by putting that in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Seemed most concerned about whether I could be interviewed remotely and work remotely.

Very little detail about what was expected of the candidate and how the candidate could actually fulfill the job requirements. Perplexing since they seemed to express a lot in the stated job requirement but very little detail and substance about the how and what of the actual job. That part seemed to all just be left to be taken for granted.

Seems to be a lot of that out there nowadays in the job market. Not sure why so many decisions makers seem to have to such poor instincts and seem to waste their own time and that of the candidates with a process that seems to serve neither.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

At first very timely, responsive, transparent and engaging. Lengthy process, no sense of how long before decision is made. Seemed rushed, then not, then rushed again. Recruiter, once fully engaged, completely unresponsive.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Diligent (Bend, OR (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. First interview with internal recruiter via phone. Second interview with COO of manzama. 3rd phone interview with CEO of manzama.
     Final interview went onsite to Bend, OR

Position moved from management in Bend, OR to New York. Interviewed over a month ago, and still have not received travel expense reimbursement.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First I had a job interview over the phone, then I went for a face to face with the director. He asked me regular questions. I was called the week after for a second interview face to face with the all team, I visited the work place. And finally had another phone interview with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• No difficulties, they are very nice team. The answer was very long, and I had to ask several time before getting the decision.   Answer Question

Localization Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with HR recruiter, asked technical questions, passed. Spoke with hiring manager and marketing lead. But the third person suddenly wasn't available. So I had to return a second day for an onsite interview.

The office is crammed. The rooms are dirty, old furniture, despite the fact that it's a young startup in the process of growth, acquiring new companies after PE takeover.

The people I talked with were sharp and understood the job function. They have a problem and need someone to help them solve it.

However, I think it's also a product problem - the product just isn't that good. Plus there is a special skill I don't have... Lastly, I got the impression they are disorganized.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to in-country colleagues and users who tell you that the translations aren't very good?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Diligent.

Interview

They started with phone screens with a recruiter, head of the team, and a Sr. member of the engineering team. In-person or video interviews with an outside consultant, senior leadership of the product team, head of design, head of Corp Dev, and head of the team again. The recruiter told me that I was in "the clubhouse" (e.g., first choice) and then told me to give them a few weeks to decide. As a few weeks turned into two months as I was asked to be patient with the executive team multiple times. After requesting an update on my candidacy (due to radio silence), the recruiter told me "the hiring team hasn't mentioned you in a while, so that's probably a no". This was the WORST candidate experience I've ever had. Everyone was enjoyable and interesting individually, but their collective indecisiveness was very rude and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• They would explain key facts of a potential acquisition (on a fact sheet) and asked how I would go about integrating it with Diligent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. An in-person interview was then set up for 2 weeks later with the hiring manager and several colleages. Lastly, I was invited to do a skype interview with another person. A few days later I was informed that we were moving to the references stage of the process, which took over a week and a half to speak to 3 people for less than 5 minutes each. Finally, I was given an offer which was drastically lower than what we had initially discussed - it was so low it was actually insulting. Thus resulting in me having to decline the offer, and me wasting over a month of my time along with theirs. I was extremely dissapointed in the outcome which was a result of poor planning on their part.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would make an impact on this department   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Long and harrowing. Weird vibe from everyone especially head mangers. Seem to question my experience, and gave a sort of weird vibe especially the Top tier officials who seemed to be soooo busy like running an ER busy. Went through quite a few interviews, I'm desperate but I'm glad things didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Skeptics all the way around. Why question my credentials.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interviews with recruiter and three other decision makers. Was also given a personality assessment. Calls went very well and I thought that I was eventually going to make it to the final interviews (and potentially get an offer), but after a week a got an update saying that they moved on with other candidates who closely matched their needs. However, the recruiter gave honest feedback and connected me with her other contacts at similar firms who were hiring for SDR roles!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 3 stages, meeting the hiring manager, key leaders of the business and some of the team. It proceeded quickly over the space of about two weeks and every meeting was interesting.

Interview Questions

• The constant themes were around ability to come into a fast-paced organization which was in the middle of integration and transformation processes and being able to help the company continue to build its culture and HR processes.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.