Dovetail Games Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dovetail Games

Dovetail Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dovetail Games

Interview

A couple of interviews, friendly questions and getting to know my interests and approach to work. Answered a few questions and spoke about my portfolio. described my hobbies and background.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach modelling this, if you had 1 day?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovetail Games (Chatham, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied online and the whole process was a smooth experience. Everyone I spoke and communicated with were friendly. The Hr/ recruitment team are great as well as the producer and artist I spoke with. was offered the role based on a lot of background work and improvement in my skill from a previous interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dovetail Games

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dovetail Games in Mar 2021

Interview

Great experience, however picked someone with no experience in graphic design which baffles me after I have over 4 years in top rated commercial companies. They were very friendly until I didn’t get it, which made me think it was a diversity issue with myself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dovetail Games (Chatham, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

My interview was during the times we have had to work from home. The interview process was in 3 stages. All slightly informal video meetings with members of the team. Each stage of the process made me feel incredibly comfortable without losing the interviewers professional integrity. Every person on our video calls was extremely polite and really engaged with me. Between the first and second interview I had to complete a two-stage assignment. Both parts of the assignment were well explained by the brief and I did not feel at all like I was trying to be 'caught out'. The whole experience was my most enjoyable interview experience to date and it is the first time I felt as if it wasn't my CV being reviewed, but rather I was interviewed as a person by people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dovetail Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Dovetail Games

Interview

The first stage was an interview with the Senior Sound Designer, the Recruiter and the Manager. The second stage was a technical test in Unreal Engine. The third stage was a technical interview with the Senior Sound Designer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovetail Games (Chatham, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Application was simple and gave me an opportunity to promote myself. I had 2 interviews which were relaxed and welcoming. The interviewers were very accommodating and questions were focused to my personality and the job role. I had a virtual interview and passed this stage. I was shortlisted to the last 2 and this interview took place in the office, which is easy to find and has free parking. I was phoned by a polite lady who was excited to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
  • Why have you applied for a job in the video game industry?

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dovetail Games (Chatham, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

The process was a little over 6 weeks long with two rounds of video calls followed by one face to face meeting at the office with the leadership team. Throughout the interview they were very welcoming, easy to talk to, open minded and post interview very responsive and professional. Eventhough the team was very busy with a launch but they would provide feedback on time. The most refreshing part of the interview was when your peers have to interview also. A true sign of collaborative leadership style. The cherry on top is the office location at the beautiful historical dockyard in Chatham.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dovetail Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Dovetail Games

Interview

I initially applied through their site on the 25th of September and was contacted a whole month later on the 23rd of October regarding a Skype interview scheduled for the next day at 09:30. I responded confirming my availability and if the call would be video or not, just to know what to expected, and I never heard. That interview never happened, as I was forgotten about. I contacted them and another interview was scheduled for the following week. That interview went ahead as scheduled, and I felt it went extremely well. However I was denied an offer based off of my experience, which I don't understand as my CV lists all my experience, and am unsure as to why I was offered an interview if it was going to come down to information they didn't need to interview me to know. After almost 2 months, I felt like my time had be wasted. They invited me down to a recruitment day, but I can't afford that kind of travel, especially if coming down wouldn't really change anything as they weren't looking to hire for a role I could fill, and my experience would keep me locked out. I'm fairly sure if I hadn't got in contact about being forgotten I would have never had an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why Games?
  • Whats more important? UI or UX? Or do they need each other?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, England, England

Application

Interview

Started with a Skype interview, everything went well. It was basically a conversation about my portfolio, why I made certain choices and if I was aware of the weak points. Afterwards they invited me to an in-person interview, and paid for my travel expenses up to £150. At this interview I was asked more in depth about my experience working in teams and my work history, but again very casual and relaxed. In the end they told me they hired someone with more experience. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • What don't you like visually about our game?

Dovetail Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovetail Games in Mar 2018

Interview

I've applied through their website and one week later got an email for us to schedule a Skype interview. Was interviewed by two artist and an HR. They asked about past experience and went into asking about specifics from my portfolio pieces. A few curve balls here and there but overall they were very nice and it was a relaxed interview.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the creation of open world environments?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews