Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Interviews at Dow Jones

2.9

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Very long process, kept getting pushed to the next round but next round wouldn't be for a month ..... 3 or 4 rounds later was 3/4 months later. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and convincing though. Obviously a great opportunity out of school

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Spoke with HR, the head of the CES team and the head of sales. Asked pretty basic questions about my current role and how I have solved client problem, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, each one different from the next. Smart questions and tough interviewers. For example, where do you see yourself and this company in five years? Why do you want to work at Dow Jones?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Data Analysis Interview

Interview

Applied online, invited to a phone screen from a recruiter, passed that, had two interviews that were all behavioral. Overall, the process was pretty smooth and I think they were just looking for basic competency.

New Business Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Enjoyed the conversation with the recruiter, but the actual interview with the Sales Director was horrible. The recruiter was very energetic and helpful during our phone screen. She was excited to move me forward to speak with the Sales Director.

During the video interview with the Sales Director, he did not acknowledge me by name at all. In addition to this, he was in a t-shirt and kept looking away at other things in his home during the time I was speaking to him. He did not seem interested in having a conversation with me at all.

This was not a welcoming feeling. Even if I was offered a position at Dow Jones for this role, I would've respectfully declined if this was any indication of the culture at the organization and the type of person I would be reporting to.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The most chaotic hiring process with absolute disregard for others' time and no structure. I interviewed with them from July 2020 to December 2020 for multiple roles with 13 different people. I have heard of tech giants hosting probably 5 to 6 interviews but this takes the cake for all the wrong reasons. The recruiters have absolutely no courtesy of responding back whether they want to move forward with the process or not. They do not value your time or the interviewers'.

Interview Questions

• The usual behavioral questions like how did you handle conflict. Not technical at all irrespective of whether the title has the word technical in it.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was extremely unorganized and late for calling on the phone interview. Only reached out when I followed up to see if the recruiter was still calling me. The salary was extremely low for all the responsibilities listed. Well under market value and rate. Not worth it at all.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is an entry level position and it only pays $45,000 a year?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The typical initial phone screening done by HR personnel was conducted through video recordings at Dow Jones. Through the recordings, I answered 4 -5 questions, each with a 3-min time limit. A few days later, the hiring manager called me to tell me about the next step: an assignment requiring me to design 3 - 5 product experiments. The entire assignment took me about a week, as I went above and beyond to study a course focused on Dow Jones (specifically WSJ)'s business model to understand their specific metrics better; also provided 5 detailed experiments w/ lots of technical details and research data. However, during the interview, the hiring manager was late, which can be understandable, but throughout the presentation he was also visibly distracted. A few days later, I got a standard rejection email. I emailed both the recruiter and the hiring manager requesting for some feedback, and nothing (the recruiter was friendly but unable to get feedback either; the hiring manager straight up ignored my multiple but courteous emails). Thank you Dow Jones for giving me the opportunity to review some important topics, but seriously, if you're going to ask a candidate to complete such an elaborate and time-consuming assignment, the least you can do is be attentive in a presentation and provide some feedback...

Interview Questions

• The system is down. What are the steps you'd take to troubleshoot and find out what's causing the issue?   Answer Question

Head of Consumer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2019.

Interview

I had a great fit interview with the recruiter on the phone. She was very engaging and a great representative of the company.

The second phone interview was with the hiring manager. He was completely different and sounded rushed and annoyed. The hiring manager started the call with "So.. what lies did HR tell you about this role that I can correct?" As I when through the things that I discussed on the first call (which were also part of the job description), he interrupted with "Wrong", "Nope", and finally "At least they got that one right." He also didn't listen to questions that I asked. Example, I asked what was his goal for this role to achieve 30/60/90 days from hire. His response was "It's November, with the holidays coming, this role won't get filled until January or February. So they're not going to accomplish anything in the next 90 days!"

The recruiter followed up with a phone call (a nice touch) a month later that they were moving on.

The hiring manager clearly needs to spend quality time with the recruiting team to align on expectations of the role and candidates.

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

You submit a resume then you get called for a phone screen. You do the phone screen with someone that doesn't work at Dow Jones, then if you pass they'd send your resume to the head of a marketing department.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.