Dyson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Dyson

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malmesbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Malmesbury, England).

Interview

Online written questions (Why do you want to work for Dyson etc)
    Online video interview through HireVue, asking for examples of when you've worked well in teams, how do you adapt to situations.
    Online Coding interview. 2 Questions: first was a warm up (which I ashamed myself in as I forgot python's built in functions) of converting a hex to a dec. Could choose any language. Second was a puzzle solving question, didn't finish the solution but was able to explain my thought process and how I would have solved it (if I had more time) at the end of the coding section.
    In-person assessment day: first half was group work programming the dyson robot vacuum using a block language (similar to scratch). Had to attempt to complete 3 different puzzles such as navigating through gaps in walls. Really fun exercise, assessors assured us at the start that it was not a competition between applicants, so we didn't have to compete against one another for the job roles.
    Second half was individual interviews with one or more engineers, presenting a personal project, and other tech related questions. Not a technical interview in the sense of solving problems (sorting algo's, search algo's, data structures etc) on the fly on a whiteboard. Felt more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about when I took lead in a project in university, and how did my decision affect the outcome.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview and I provided my availability. No response, but after reading the reviews I wasn’t too concerned.

After an entire month they reached out to follow up on available times for a phone interview...what? I decided to check it out regardless and it was just weird. HR person asked the same question the entire time (just phrased differently). Basically asking what you want in a culture, Dyson’s culture, etc. Hiring Manager was pretty condescending and constantly talked about herself, and again, just threw out the word “culture” at any opportunity.

Culture is important, but when you constantly throw around the word “culture” buzzword and can’t answer your own questions or elaborate on it, it just seems weird.

They also changed the title with every email and didn’t get a clear read on their structure. Seems very convoluted. Reviews were a pretty accurate read on the process.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a four step process: 1. Online application 2. HireVue video interview 3. 2 assessment tests 4. An in-person group "get to know you" at the Dyson HQ in Chicago. Part 4. consisted of different group activities (with other candidates) and 5 individual interviews with various members of the team.

The entire process proved to me that Dyson is willing to put in the time and effort when it comes to picking the best candidates and making sure the culture is the right fit on both ends. The entire experience was amazing and made me love this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• Why Dyson?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing you failed at in your life and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First step was getting the application accepted. They look through your resume and see if your experience matches their needs. Next is an aptitude test involving reading comprehension and mathematical analysis. They're easy tests, but very time-sensitive. Next is a HireVue interview where you'll be prompted with questions as well as a project which you'll need to formulate an answer to and give a report on within a given time frame. Finally, if you make it this far, you'll be invited to a final interview at their HQ in Chicago. This involves informational sessions on what working at Dyson is like as well as: two one-on-one interviews, an individual exercise, and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you wanted to accomplish something, but weren't able to   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application, math and reading assessment, HireVue interview, on-campus interview day. HireVue interview has behavioral questions and a skills challenge. The on-campus interview day has 2-3 interviews, a group exercise, and information sessions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Video interview that allowed us to show interest in the company and talk abut experiences. Also featured a skills challenge that allowed you to apply concepts that you need to during the actual internship.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

If your resume passes through their online screening, you'll be invited for an online assessment that consists of basic math and reading comprehension test. It's pretty standard but very time sensitive so make sure you're free of distraction when doing it. After passing their assessment test, you'll be invited for a HireVue interview that asks basic behavioral questions with a short case assessment at the end (~15 minutes). Lastly, if you pass the HireVue interview, they will invite you to their on-site interview in Chicago, IL, where you will have around 2-3 face-to-face interviews with the team plus an individual/group case interview. The on-site interview lasts the whole day but it consists of a company tour, several info sessions, and other fun activities. Overall, they really invest a lot in finding the right talent.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions related to your industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

There is a phone interview, onsite interview, personality/reasoning test, and background check involved. Depending on your position, you might have more rounds to go through, and more people to talk to. On-site interviews will consist of a tour of the office as well. The people are very friendly and the environment is very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interviewing process was very straightforward, but it's important to be on your toes. My interviewers knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate. So, if you're the right fit, they'll be able to tell right away. It's important to have some idea of the company culture. They're looking for active additions, not job fillers.

Marketing Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's job portal at first. The first round was an online quiz, then a Hireview online interview. I went to the final round, which was a super-day style interview at their HQ in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions that I could answer either as a hypothetical or from my experience   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

There were a lot of steps in the interview process and the hiring manager was very quick in response to any emails that I sent. I had to take two tests: Situational Judgement Test and a kind of personality test after the first interview process which was interesting and something I haven't had to do before.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.