Dyson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 Oct 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a four step process: 1. Online application 2. HireVue video interview 3. 2 assessment tests 4. An in-person group "get to know you" at the Dyson HQ in Chicago. Part 4. consisted of different group activities (with other candidates) and 5 individual interviews with various members of the team.

The entire process proved to me that Dyson is willing to put in the time and effort when it comes to picking the best candidates and making sure the culture is the right fit on both ends. The entire experience was amazing and made me love this amazing company!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

Applied online. First round was a small application, Second Round was HireView video interview. The case question was so easy, there isn't a need to prepare at all. Trust me when i say this, as long as you have the right attitude you'll be fine. I actually had a lot of fun! If you are reading this now, stop stalling and do it!

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Submitted resume, was contacted that day by an HR coordinator and scheduled for a telephone interview with somebody from HR the following week. The next day the coordinator called to congratulate me, and schedule an in-person interview with the district manager the following week. After that interview, I had a phone interview with the regional manager. Throughout the whole process, the same coordinator stayed in close contact, asking me how I think it went, and updating me in the process.

Regional Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had a standard phone interview followed by an in-person interview in the Chicago corporate office. After the interview, the recruiter informed me that the feedback had been extremely positive and that I would hear back in approximately two weeks time.

Two weeks went by and I did not hear anything. I reached out and asked for an update to which the recruiter informed me he would have a better idea in a few days time. Two more weeks went by with no feedback so I asked for another status update. I still have not heard anything back.

International Commercial Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. They missed many deadlines on their end and got back to you several days late. Nowhere through the process could you talk to someone or ask questions in real time (Unless you specifically set up a call. Even then, conversations were hurried and it was clear they had better things to do with their time than talk to you). The first step was a simple questionnaire that mainly asked for basic information plus one short answer. Next was a HireVue interview (you record responses to prerecorded questions on your computer), which was very awkward if you have never used the platform before. This included a behavioral set of questions and a case study. You had about a minute or so to prepare for the question and then had to record your answer to that question in a certain amount of time. Again, because of the format of this part, you couldn't ask any questions about the position or the company. Next, there were 3 assessments: verbal, quantitative, and situational judgement. If you passed that round, you would go to an on-site interview in Chicago.
    Overall, they are looking for very driven people, but it's clear from the structure of each round of interviews, there are many people interviewing for this position and they don't have time to get to know each candidate on a personal level past whatever their resume says.
    Originally, when I called the recruiter to clarify some things, he said that 10 people would be invited to the final round and 5 people would be offered positions. However, in the last email they sent out, they ended up only offering 3 spots, so it's a very selective program and they are still working out the details. The entire interview process lasted from late February-Mid April.
    Dyson reached out several weeks later, inviting all candidates to sign up for a 15 minute call to give feedback on their performance in the interview process. By the time I was able to sign up for a slot, all spaces were full for the next 1.5 months. The day for my feedback call arrived (Mid June), and no call came. I received simply an email with 3 computer generated reports about my performance on the 3 assessments with no further explanation. When I emailed the recruiter, he apologized for missing our call and set up a call for the next day. Again, he missed that call with no email explanation.
    If you're looking to work at a very technology-focused and innovative company, then Dyson is a great fit. If you want to work somewhere where you're recognized as a human, living person who has value, do not work here.

Stylist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews, one with a recruiter, the other 3 with Dyson employees. All went well with each interview as I was moved all g to the next phase of the hiring process.

It's now been several weeks at which point I guess they went with another candidate.
    I did email the recruiter who said she had heard nothing and would email the Mgr and hr person, never heard back from her.
    Way to go Dyson, to you last out on a great employee

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Multi-step process. First was a HireVue process, which was a virtual recorded interview to pre recorded questions. Second was an assessment testing. Finally, they completed onsite interviews. Well put together onsite interview day with many other candidates and team members. After completing the thorough recruitment process, I had to withdraw myself after failure on Dyson's end to meet promised job offer deadline due to personal offer deadlines. Overall disappointing experience; Dyson missed promised feedback and next step deadline goals along the whole process. Expect a long, time intensive, arduous process.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be a trailblazer and how are you a trailblazer?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

There were a lot of steps in the interview process and the hiring manager was very quick in response to any emails that I sent. I had to take two tests: Situational Judgement Test and a kind of personality test after the first interview process which was interesting and something I haven't had to do before.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson in March 2017.

Interview

I had a prerecorded video interview for the first time. Basically I was reached out to by HireVue and Dyson, sharing that I will be given a link to go through 10 interview questions with time beforehand to prep and plan my answers. I dressed in business attire and used my laptop and headset to complete the interview. Each questions was a recording given by members of the global Dyson members. The interview including a skills challenge at the end.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a trailblazer? Why? Describe how so in team, project aspect.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest leadership accomplishment? What were some obstacles you overcame and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe how to preserve Dyson's behavior indicators when expanding into new geographies in the realm of performance management, learning/development, & recruiting. (Skills Challenge)   Answer Question
    • How do you approach difficult conversations?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a resume screen, a video interview, and then an in person on site interview for finalists. Only seven of the fifteen finalists were invited on site, and the explanation for who was chosen was not made clear.

Interview Questions

• Case interview--gave data on several different types of toasters and asked me to determine how to sell one to a retailer.   Answer Question

International Commercial Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process was an online video process through an app called hire vue. There were 8 questions and then one skills question at the end

Interview Questions

• We need employees who are fighters for our products, name one time you have been a fighter?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you like an unstructured rotational program like this one versus a structured one?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.