Dyson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Jul 2018

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a four step process: 1. Online application 2. HireVue video interview 3. 2 assessment tests 4. An in-person group "get to know you" at the Dyson HQ in Chicago. Part 4. consisted of different group activities (with other candidates) and 5 individual interviews with various members of the team.

The entire process proved to me that Dyson is willing to put in the time and effort when it comes to picking the best candidates and making sure the culture is the right fit on both ends. The entire experience was amazing and made me love this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• Why Dyson?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing you failed at in your life and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First step was getting the application accepted. They look through your resume and see if your experience matches their needs. Next is an aptitude test involving reading comprehension and mathematical analysis. They're easy tests, but very time-sensitive. Next is a HireVue interview where you'll be prompted with questions as well as a project which you'll need to formulate an answer to and give a report on within a given time frame. Finally, if you make it this far, you'll be invited to a final interview at their HQ in Chicago. This involves informational sessions on what working at Dyson is like as well as: two one-on-one interviews, an individual exercise, and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you wanted to accomplish something, but weren't able to   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application, math and reading assessment, HireVue interview, on-campus interview day. HireVue interview has behavioral questions and a skills challenge. The on-campus interview day has 2-3 interviews, a group exercise, and information sessions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

There is a phone interview, onsite interview, personality/reasoning test, and background check involved. Depending on your position, you might have more rounds to go through, and more people to talk to. On-site interviews will consist of a tour of the office as well. The people are very friendly and the environment is very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interviewing process was very straightforward, but it's important to be on your toes. My interviewers knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate. So, if you're the right fit, they'll be able to tell right away. It's important to have some idea of the company culture. They're looking for active additions, not job fillers.

Marketing Interview

Interview

There were a lot of steps in the interview process and the hiring manager was very quick in response to any emails that I sent. I had to take two tests: Situational Judgement Test and a kind of personality test after the first interview process which was interesting and something I haven't had to do before.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson in January 2017.

Interview

It is a interactive process where you have to login into dyson and do a video. They ask normal questions its not that difficult. They ask 10 questions avg that will test your different views about the company and the position you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the position why do you like marketing ?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial interview process was awesome. Loved everyone I met, the office is beautiful, casual dress, etc...When I raised a question regarding their negative reviews online, I was immediately frowned upon. After three months of interviews, didn't get the job. Was called back twice for two different positions and interviewed for months with those as well. After nine months of interviewing for four different positions, I didn't get an offer. What a complete waste of time. Note to HR: If you're going to call someone back that many times, offer them a job.

Interview Questions

Dyson Response

2 Mar 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

At Dyson, we are constantly recruiting for the best talent that can help contribute to the growth and ambitious goals we have in place for the coming years. We must have thought highly of you to have... More

Marketing Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Overall the interview process went well I was Called by the HR Specialist to have a phone interview. At the end of our discussion she asked to setup an in-person interview. When I got there I interviewed with two people who would be on my team for 30 minutes each. It was exactly 30 minutes and both interviewers seemed rushed to get it over with. A week and a half later I was called to setup a second round interview where I would be presenting a PowerPoint based on a project I was given ahead of time. They basically just want to see how you analyze data. I returned to present and it was roughly 45 minutes. I received a phone call a week later that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to tell a story using data.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your direct report and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Marketing Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It's all about the poker face. The interviewer doesn't like to give anything away. If you make it to the second interview there is always a task. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.