Dyson Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8
Dyson CEO Jim Rowan
Jim Rowan
Cons
  1. "Great place to work at"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Dyson full-time for less than a year

Pros

great environment and people, great development.

Cons

no cons to be honest.

Dyson2019-12-03
  2. "overall good"

Current Employee - Senior Noise and Vibration Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dyson full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice food, casual culture. not much constraint

Cons

sometimes too research biased, making the process too slow

Dyson2019-12-04

"Appalling processes that leave employees open to victimisation and discrimination"

Current Employee - Engineer in Malmesbury, England

I have been working at Dyson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work if you are young and have an over inflated opinion of your worth as you will get fast promotions.

Cons

Technical ability and experience is not valued. Fast turn over of staff especially mid-career experienced staff. Poor preparation of young engineers for the real world of engineering outside of Dyson.

Advice to Management

Look to have less discriminatory appraisal and promoting processes and seek to be transparent with such processes and above any suspicion. Difficult now because 90% of management are those inexperienced young people with over inflated opinions of their worth

Dyson2019-12-03
  4. "Interesting Project, Fab Office but unclear career path"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer

I worked at Dyson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of interesting Projects Very Good Office Lots of Smart People

Cons

Unclear Career Path & Pay structure

Dyson2019-11-26
  5. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Team Coordinator in Malmesbury, England

I have been working at Dyson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture, forward thinking, people focused, a great place to be

Cons

There can be blocks to execution at times but it never stops my enthusiasm to work there.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring and updating us all on progress

Dyson2019-11-25
  6. "High quality company"

Former Employee - Digital Content Executive

I worked at Dyson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent company, great facility, talented people

Cons

Location and James Dyson's views on Brexit were disappointing

Dyson2019-11-20
  7. "Grate place to work as long as you embrace change"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Dyson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Only place I have worked where we start every project with the aim to be the best in the world

Cons

Systems are out of date

Dyson2019-11-17

"Exciting Technology, Difficult to Achieve Promotion"

Current Employee - Design Engineer - Advanced in Malmesbury, England

I have been working at Dyson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dyson is if anything else, fun to work for. There is no expense spared when it comes to prototyping which is very liberating when it comes to designing and testing. Key things to note are: - A lot of training courses to choose from - A lot of very knowledgable people - Good facilities in terms of labs, prototyping etc. - Salaries are not bad - There is a decent gym and a good cafe - Good opportunities to... work abroad Overall I have enjoyed working for Dyson and would take another role there in the future.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is no diversity in the exec team which is disheartening to see for a company that bills itself as being progressive. In many ways they are (very open support of LGBT values and the onsite university is good) but considering the exec team has lost a number of top female execs and failed to hire any more. In terms of salary, if you start as a grad you will be underpaid against anyone coming... in from an outside company. I started three years after graduating and negotiated my salary. however, on two occasions I ended up with managers who were paid less than me because they started as grads. They are very keen to find out what the top employee issues are but not very good and focusing on them past that. There is an increasing focus on turnover which has a number of frustrating results.

Advice to Management

- hire a more diverse exec team - have a clearer fairer promotion process - clear up the pay disparity issues - get rid of the silo culture

Dyson2019-10-30

"Use this Role as a Spring Board for Better Jobs"

Current Employee - Dyson Expert

I have been working at Dyson full-time

Pros

- Above national minimum wage. - Very poor training available before, but they have introduced more training on Concord. - Gave me the opportunity to learn more about Shark and eventually join their company.

Cons

- Unachievable targets. It's designed for you to fail. If you are ever close to achieving it, they will move the goal posts for the next quarter so that you never succeed. You'll work alongside other Brand Reps at a store and realise they're on the same hourly rate as you but actually get commission per unit. - Managers will act like they have your best interests at heart, and pretend they will take action on your... feedback but they do not care at all or have no actual power. It's all fake. Don't believe in it. Listen to your gut feeling and leave. - You are stuck in this role forever. There are no opportunities for growth. Do not volunteer to help or go the extra mile for this company. They do not care. - Workmanship and quality of the machines has severely declined over the years. Customer complaints about Dyson's view on Brexit, customer complaints about shoddy batteries and a n

Advice to Management

Please continue to focus solely on sales at the expense of the customers' needs, it'll lead to the accelerated decline of Dyson's market share in the UK.

Dyson2019-11-23

"Improvements to be made"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Malmesbury, England

I have been working at Dyson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most colleagues are enthusiastic and driven. Company culture is good and improving.

Cons

Senior management don't seem to have employees best interests at heart. Failing to take real tangible action on Pulse survey feedback.

Advice to Management

Return employee benefits for Dyson products and discount corporate partnerships (Sony, Sonos etc..) Make bus transport to Malmesbury free for employees. Increase funding for cafes instead of asking employees to pay more. Create parity across business areas for flexible working and perks like free fruit and coffee. Allow employees to take unpaid leave. Get middle management to believe in results based... working, give them training and set out guidelines. Ditch the 39hr week and commit to results based working.

Dyson2019-11-08