ED&F Man Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ED&F Man Interview Questions

Interviews at ED&F Man

3.1

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ED&F Man (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Basic industry centric questions, heavy focus on networking. Highly recommend having some sort of contact with an employee prior to applying (reach out via industry events / linkedin.) Really focus on learning your specific commodity both its futures market and the physical market. Read up on the company's history and mention it in your interview. Be yourself and remember as a trader you need to be able to sell yourself as well as your commodity, which is often the same as your competition.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your specific commodity market over the next 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years+   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ED&F Man (London, England).

Interview

It was a 2 round process.

They stated they needed someone ASAP, and ironically it took them 7 weeks to take a decision. They did not look organized from the outside.

First round went very well, a bit technical but more focused on background and motivations.

Second round was with a top management person, quite round technical but not impressive.

What I disliked the most in this process is how they interacted after the 2 rounds. Delaying all the time the final answer, trying to find excuses, very very low transparency. The 2 rounds were done quickly but I had to wait 5 weeks to get an feedback.

Commodity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, Gloucestershire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ED&F Man (Cambridge, Gloucestershire, South West England, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied to their graduate program online via their careers site. Firstly had to send off an application, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests and lastly a video interview. The video interview consisted of 12 questions, in which you'd have to prepare an answer for then record yourself giving said answer. Once complete, your video answers are sent off. Still waiting to hear back as to whether I've made it to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions they asked me were focused around the commodity I would be trading - Sugar. They were a wide range, from what sugar products they sold to where sugar is most produced and consumed globally.   2 Answers

Group Development Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ED&F Man.

Interview

First interview was in early April. No feedback until almost mid-July. They rejected me with an automatic email without providing me with any feedback. Interview itself was also negative as the interviewer was very cold and I felt like was not really interested in listening the answers I was giving him.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ED&F Man.

Interview

Many interviews. HR seemed confused much of the time, they kept suggesting each time that I was at a late stage interview with a small number of candidates. The interviewers weren't the intended ones and didnt really work together to ask detailed questions.

General Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ED&F Man (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

It was tiresome, tedious, overdressed, pompous, led by over eager HR lady, must have been new in the job or recently moved from the public sector. To be honest was a fair introduction to the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't one

Group Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ED&F Man.

Interview

Sent me a request via linked in to send my CV. Sent CV and a week later was asked to do an online interview through Spark Hire. Passed the interview and a week later had a one-on-one interview with HR. After that never got any feedback since May 2015. Poor Communication.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the ED&F Man group development program?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ED&F Man (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

When I initially applied for the role, I had a call with the recruiter first and then came in and met the business manager and wider team. The interview was more formal but the meetings with the team were pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Interested in my prior experience and what interested me about the job.   Answer Question

European Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ED&F Man (London, England).

Interview

-- A month after applying online:
    1 / Short video recording, answering 5 questions on the app Spark Hire, with some very classic and expected questions (why commodities? Your strengths/weaknesses? Experience telling).
    -- A week later:
    2 / Short video call with one HR team
    -- A month later:
    3 / Panel (1 HR + 1 Ops/Trading) on-site interview in London. Note: ED&F sponsored the transportation expenses.
    -- 3 weeks later:
    4 / Panel (jury of HR and Ops) presentation at the London HQ. This included a short presentation (5 min) of a business plan, followed by a Q&A session.

Sugar Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ED&F Man.

Interview

Emailed them my CV, got called in for an interview a few weeks later, then called back for a second interview with a Trader. First was very relaxed, just a chat through my education and CV, nothing surprising. Second was more intense, requiring some knowledge of the market/what they actually do.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.