EDF Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Margin Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EDF (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

It lasted about an hour, had 5 or 6 competency based questions, followed by me asking the hiring managers questions. The questions weren’t too taxing if you prepare in advance and the managers hiring were really lovely and easy to chat to!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you’ve used communication skills to influence?   Answer Question
    • How have you helped implement a strategy into the company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Very long process. Had to talk to lots of people. No one here really seems to know what is going on. Very rude people, act like they do not care. They just want someone to come in to dump a bunch of junk work on.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDF.

Interview

I applied online. First there is a phone interview, I passed the first one and got invited to the second round. Then eventually they would decide if you get the offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDF in November 2020.

Interview

I had my first phone interview that went really well and was told that I was the first person they called back after reviewing my resume. I received a phone call from HR less than 24 hours after that interview and was asked to schedule a second interview. The second one was a video interview. Both interviews I was asked 10+ extensive questions, which shocked me because I was only applying for an internship. It said on the job description that you would be taught how to code, but the second person who interviewed me said they are looking for a coder. However, he admitted to not even knowing what the job description said. He also made a comment on where I live and said he tried to buy a house there, but it was too expensive. It made me feel uncomfortable and I hope that where I live didn’t sway his decision on who to hire. I have ample education experience as I am a master’s student. Everything went downhill after my second interview. I sent a thank you email the day after. Then a week went by so I emailed one of the people who interviewed me and asked if the position was still available as I am super interested in it. No response. A few days after that I emailed the same question to HR. No response. You would think a company of this size would be kind enough to send you an email notifying you that the position has been filled, but thank you for applying. Extremely disappointed because I had high hopes for this company and I was incredibly excited to have an opportunity to work for them as I want to work in the renewable energy industry in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do I know about EDF?
      2. Do I know the business models of renewable energy?
      3. My math experience
      4. When have I tried to overcome something that was hard to learn about?
      5. When have I dealt with problems and how did I solve them?
      6. My school experience
      7. How do I stay organized?
      8. What do I think the biggest issues concerning renewable energy are?
      9. Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDF.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after applying for the position. then one phone call with manager and then other interview with 4 people over the phone plus RRHH representative at the end.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a situation where you and other person in the project have different ideas about how to approach a problem   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EDF (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Process was disorganized, job description was unclear. They did not give me a follow up whether or not I got the job/offer. I would think that a decent company would at least send even an email template saying that they decide to hire someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of a great failure and you learned from it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EDF.

Interview

The interview was expected and had a quick reply on employment. the interviewer was nice and professional. They answer all your questions and provided you with answers to any uncertainty.

Wind Turbine Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Earl Park, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EDF (Earl Park, IN (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

A multiple choice test followed by interview. The test was fairly difficult but fair. The interview process was straightforward and organic, with the lead technician and site manager. They were very accommodating, did not rush through questions and shared plenty of information about the company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Submitted an application online, then heard back about coming in for an interview. Arrived to the office, spoke with someone through Skype at the office which was odd. I never heard back from them after the interview.

EDF Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EDF (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for a position with EDF four months ago. I ended up flying to San Diego to do on-site interviews. After that there has been absolutely no response after repeated inquiries. Does EDF understand it's OK to tell the candidates that he/she is not selected??? EDF needs to train its HR people to act like professionals. Also EDF doesn't reimburse meals incurred during the travel to the interviews. So you better clarify that before you make the trip. Overall an awful experience with EDF.

Interview Questions

• HR person would dare to ask: "even though we are in a high cost of living area, we don't pay as much. What do you think about that?" ;(   Answer Question

Natural Gas Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDF (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Relaxed and non-technical. Interviewed with the VP of origination, direction of ops and several current schedulers. Questions were non technical but was coming from a pipeline background which lacked the experience they were looking for at that time

Interview Questions

• When scheduling, how do you prioritize?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.