Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated 16 Feb 2017

2.8

Interview

Standard process: Phone screen followed up with in person interviews (four interviews, one person each). HR was great at keeping open communications and everything went very smoothly. Just be sincere and prepared and you will have no problems.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, type of culture you like, time you dealt with difficult situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations needed, offer was very fair to market and experience/background.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Applied through Indeed and got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was two days later and was quickly and efficiently passed on to the area manager who called me the next day for an in person interview. Drug test, physical and background check through GSI was the longest part, but took about two weeks from start to hire date. I was happy with the company and their ability to move the process along.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Are you available to work on call, long hours and on the weekend?
      Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Signed up for interview during university career fair. The interview was with two interviewers. They asked basic behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was part of their HR department while the other interviewer was part of their logistics division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Ecolab Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very standard behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviewers were very personal and easy to have a conversation with. The interview went slightly over time but they were still more than happy to answer all of my questions. Overall a good experience.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

I applied through our campus portal and I received an interview invitation. It was a typical interview that lasted about 30 minutes with one of EcoLab's employees. It began with "point out anything you think is important from your resume" and then there were a few behavioral questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was invited to a phone interview by a Talent Acquisition Specialist via email. Several days after the phone interview I was invited to an in-person interview with the executives I would be working with. I felt the interview went well but have not yet heard back about the position. Regardless of whether or not I get an offer, the interview experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 2-3 behavioral based interview questions for each interview and small talk for the remainder of the interviews.   1 Answer
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Initial interview after career fair on campus; heavily behavioral oriented. Then came a series of 3 skype interviews. No technical questions or case studies. Asked some basic interview questions; be prepared for strength/weakness, most difficult engineering problem you've faced, etc.

Customer Service Remote Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about two weeks later, received an email inviting me to a phone interview. Had the phone interview and it was pretty basic interview questions and why would you want to work from home (no commute). After the interview, had to send over a speed test for my internet connection. I have the cable internet, so the speed was kind of fast. The next few days I received an invitation to go meet face to face with an HR rep and the hiring managers. Met with the HR rep and went over the position, then met with the hiring managers through WebEx. Asked a few questions about my resume and about what job did I like the most. The last question asked was a scenario question. Kind of caught me off guard, but I answered to the best of my ability. I was offered the job right there.

Manufacturing Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellwood City, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Ellwood City, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line and received notification that a representative was coming to my college (Penn State) and wanted to meet with me. Passed the initial interview and was then invited for a campus interview and tour. At the campus, we were introduced first to our 4 interviewers. Then is was back to back interviews with 1 on 1 with all 4 people for 1 hour each, totaling 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose chemical engineering?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you used non-conventional knowledge or techniques to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you could not finish your project by the deadline. How did you cope with the customer/professor/partner/supervisor?   Answer Question
    • You have 3 projects ongoing: 1 is due tomorrow, another is due next week, and another in 3 months. You experience a setback that delays your project. What do you do to make sure the project is still completed by the deadline?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.