Element Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Element Events Interview Questions

Interviews at Element Events

2.2

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Element Events (Champaign, IL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

3 part interview process. Part 1 was super quick, just a basic who are you, what do you do for fun, where do you see your self in 5 years type of thing. Part 2 was a little bit more in depth about who we were (I saw we because you will interview right next to your opponent in the same room). Part 3 was simply filling out an answer sheet. I did all 3 the same day.

Interview Questions

• A windowless room contains three identical light fixtures, each containing an identical light bulb or light globe. Each light is connected to one of three switches outside of the room. Each bulb is switched off at present. You are outside the room, and the door is closed. Before opening the door you may play around with the light switches as many times as you like. But once you've opened the door, you may no longer touch a switch. After this, you go into the room and examine the lights. How can you tell which switch goes to which light?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Element Events (Champaign, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview was four minutes of nonsense with a young man who said he was the owner and never once made eye contact. Held in a cramped room with plastic, preschool-like furniture.

Junior Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Element Events.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed, was then messaged over text inviting me to an interview.
    The interview was a zoom presentation with me and one other candidate. The interviewer asked questions regarding the presentation every few slides. In my opinion the job role was slightly different to that which was advertised; a lot of face to face selling. After the presentation we were then told if we wanted to progress further within the selection process we would have to submit a video answering 5 questions by 5pm the same day. This felt a bit rushed and along with other factors this encouraged me to remove myself from the selection process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Element Events (Manchester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

During the interview process you are told you will earn £250 p/w no matter how many sales you make (you need 3 or 4 a day depending on the type of sale to reach close to £250 over 5 working days). This basic pay is codified NOWHERE in the contract (which you are given no time to fully read as you and other newbies are herded into a room and asked to quickly sign some documents via a link sent to your phone), and the contract also states that "no promises made by the company/interviewers either in writing or spoken are guaranteed by the company" (paraphrased). Therefore this mythical £250 p/w is just that; a myth or, more accurately, a lie. I worked there for 2 weeks and have, as of this moment, have not even been paid the commission I earned when working at Element Events.
    - The second interview, the "field" interview, is absolutely shambolic. Mine, for example, was run by the guy who became my leader. A young lad who is nice enough, but sadly buys into this pyramid scheme completely. In the field interview (I was lucky enough to be driven to the field and so incurred no cost, but I've seen people being interviewed in the field forced to pay for a £15 train ticket from Manchester to Stoke just to partake in the interview), you are sat down in a cafe or some such not far from the event being run by whoever's interviewing you. You are set generic tasks ("where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc) and periodically checked on. After running through the tasks and some information about the job (nothing too specific of course), you are told that you have to make it back to office on your own for the final stage of the interview and must scamper away.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Element Events (Manchester, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was transparent and pretty straight forward. The manager explained during the first interview what I should expect on the next phase, the projects they're working on, the progression scheme and the training the company provides

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Element Events (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Split into three days!
    1 first say is a 1-1 interview
    2 observation day, where you see what they do
    3 day is a interview with the CEO!
    This jobs is not for you if you not willing to putting in the work

Event Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Element Events (Manchester, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I didn't apply for the position, they were given my CV by a job site and contacted me themselves. I went in for a "casual conversation" with the CEO, which was done by having a chat with him in his office, with another candidate at the same time. He used so many buzzwords and gave absolutely no information about what the role actually entailed or what his company did for all the companies that hire them (he did like to name-drop those companies though!).

Later the same day, I received a call from them saying that I'd gotten through to the next round of interviews and could I come in for a six hour 'consultation' where I could observe/shadow one of their employees. This ended up involving standing in a supermarket while three employees tried to sell a product to people walking past, interspersed with sitting in a coffee shop and writing answers to generic interview questions.

The employee that 'interviewed' me was incredibly young and, like the CEO, loved throwing terminology around to make himself and the company look impressive and like an amazing opportunity. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with doing sales, but when you advertise the position as marketing, it needs to be clearer that this is not that.

Furthermore, there is no hourly wage/salary, which was deliberately made unclear at previous parts in the process and I wasn't told until the end of the 6 hour shadow session. The role is paid 100% on commission!

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Element Events (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

The second interview was a lot more to do with my event based knowledge.
    You don't need to memorize an answer, but do take the time to consider how you'll respond. The more you prepare, the more confident you'll feel for a final interview.

The interviewer will provide a recommendation

Graduate Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Element Events in July 2019.

Interview

They got back to my cv and cover letter very fast. The ceo wanted to pre interview candidates to put a ‘face to their cv’. This was an informal chat about my cv and a questionnaire completed on that day. Then I was asked to come back the next day and go out with two members of their team to another town outside Manchester. There I sat in a coffee shop and answered a further two sets of questions for two hours. I observed the staff i went with street selling, and was invited to go back to Manchester for another interview.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Element Events (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview consisted of going on a trip out, sitting in a coffee shop for around 2 hours and filling out some questions. Once the answers are to the standard of the company, you will then be asked for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.