Environment Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Environment Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment Agency

3.1

Water Resources Interview

Interview

Competency questions online as an initial, and then once offered an interview, the process includes an hour of competency based questions and a further half an hour technical assessment

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Bedford, England) in November 2019.

Interview

4 competency based questions plus a case study. Competencies required STAR technique. Questions were different to the application process but related to the work. Knowing the equipment and work processes an advantage at interview stage

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure Health and Safety is adhered to in a day to day project   Answer Question

Flood Management Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, Cambridgeshire, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Brampton, Cambridgeshire, East of England, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online answering 3 questions and inputting my education information etc. Few weeks wait for an interview offer. Interviewed in Brampton, fairly average interview process re-iterating the skills asked in online application. Didn't hear back for many months. Finally was told I was unsuccessful after sending follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to deliver a challenging piece of work   Answer Question

Groundwater and Contaminated Land Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Malling, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (West Malling, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Online competency questions followed by a face to face interview consisting of 2 seperate interviews, one based around competency questions and the other technical. Very friendly and professional in their approach.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage health and safety within your existing role surrounding fieldwork   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency in February 2019.

Interview

Rather a long interview process was there for three hours and had three different tasks each last 45 - 60 minutes. Task 1 we where given a list of things to consider in relation to an environmental disaster and had to prioritise our response and give justification for the ranking. Task two was role play exercise where we had to be an environmental officer and deal with a situation where the owner of a waste plant was in breach of his permit. Task three was an interview three questions giving examples and explaining results. STARS technique very useful here.

Interview Questions

• Can't member the exact wording but something as below:
      Give an example of a time you've worked in a team
      Give an example of time you've delivered / achieved results   Answer Question

Environmental Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency in February 2019.

Interview

Offered a telephone interview, in February 2019. The interviewer started off by saying it was more of a discussion than an interview but then jumped straight into HR style questions. From the outset, the interviewer didn't seem that interested and seemed more to be saying statements to me rather than questions. I found the process quite discouraging. The interview was meant to last 30 minutes, but it was over in 15.

As expected I did not proceed to the next round and when asked for feedback I was given a generic, "there were better candidates, but on another occasion, you would have been successful".

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Interview

Online application followed by panel interview. Online application involved question on why you are suitable for the role, and experience. Interview was 4 competency based questions, with some technical questions about flooding.

Environment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was a 1st round phone interview and if successful you get invited to a face to face interview. There was nothing I needed to prepare such as a presentation etc and I applied online.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency based interview questions plus asked why I want the job and a few questions on how I would deal with different situations   Answer Question

All Sorts Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency.

Interview

compentancy based interview. questiosn are based on compentacies in the job description and sometyimes they may throw in an extra one, or a side question that is to do with the role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environment Agency.

Interview

Applied, went in for a causal chat with the hiring team leader, nothing really more to . Really formal chat followed by a tour of the building. Have I made it to 30 words yet?? please

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Environment Agency?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.