Environment Agency Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

In Person5%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Environment Agency

Application

I interviewed at Environment Agency

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter and took a month to get back. Gained an interview in which I travelled to Birmingham and included a group assessment centre, then if you performed well you went straight into a 30minute interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for EA?
    Answer Question
  • Competency questions - teamwork, made mistake and learnt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

First and online process with questions to answer. Then I got called for an assessment day. The first half was working in a group and present a project idea relating to the environment. At that point some are selected for the final interview. In the final one-on-one interview they ask competency based questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Environment Agency

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Environment Agency in Feb 2020

Interview

- Application through their external online portal. - interview was 7 weeks later. - interview consisted of 45 minute roleplay dealing with a difficult customer + form to fill in. - 45 minutes chatting with current employees - 45 minutes to an hour for interview with team leaders.

Interview Questions
  • Safety questions. Was given a scenario and told evaluate safety
  • Give example of how you have dealt with something potentially unsafe at work and how did you make it safe.

Environment Agency

Application

I interviewed at Environment Agency

Interview

Competency questions online as an initial, and then once offered an interview, the process includes an hour of competency based questions and a further half an hour technical assessment

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Bedford, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

4 competency based questions plus a case study. Competencies required STAR technique. Questions were different to the application process but related to the work. Knowing the equipment and work processes an advantage at interview stage

Interview Questions
  • How would you ensure Health and Safety is adhered to in a day to day project

Environment Agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, Cambridgeshire, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Brampton, Cambridgeshire, East of England, England, England) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied online answering 3 questions and inputting my education information etc. Few weeks wait for an interview offer. Interviewed in Brampton, fairly average interview process re-iterating the skills asked in online application. Didn't hear back for many months. Finally was told I was unsuccessful after sending follow up emails.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you've had to deliver a challenging piece of work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Malling, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (West Malling, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Online competency questions followed by a face to face interview consisting of 2 seperate interviews, one based around competency questions and the other technical. Very friendly and professional in their approach.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage health and safety within your existing role surrounding fieldwork

Environment Agency

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Environment Agency in Feb 2019

Interview

Rather a long interview process was there for three hours and had three different tasks each last 45 - 60 minutes. Task 1 we where given a list of things to consider in relation to an environmental disaster and had to prioritise our response and give justification for the ranking. Task two was role play exercise where we had to be an environmental officer and deal with a situation where the owner of a waste plant was in breach of his permit. Task three was an interview three questions giving examples and explaining results. STARS technique very useful here.

Interview Questions
  • Can't member the exact wording but something as below: Give an example of a time you've worked in a team Give an example of time you've delivered / achieved results
3 people found this interview helpful

Environment Agency

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency in Feb 2019

Interview

Offered a telephone interview, in February 2019. The interviewer started off by saying it was more of a discussion than an interview but then jumped straight into HR style questions. From the outset, the interviewer didn't seem that interested and seemed more to be saying statements to me rather than questions. I found the process quite discouraging. The interview was meant to last 30 minutes, but it was over in 15. As expected I did not proceed to the next round and when asked for feedback I was given a generic, "there were better candidates, but on another occasion, you would have been successful".

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Environment Agency

Application

I interviewed at Environment Agency

Interview

Online application followed by panel interview. Online application involved question on why you are suitable for the role, and experience. Interview was 4 competency based questions, with some technical questions about flooding.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews