Essex County Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Essex County Council Interview Questions

Interviews at Essex County Council

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essex County Council.

Interview

I was shortlisted and then invited to a virtual interview. At the beginning, I was asked to do 10 minutes presentation the they asked question regarding educational background then few others related to job description.

Curriculum Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Essex County Council.

Interview

Really hard questions, most of them were 3 parts long. I had 6 questions asked by 3 people. I requested the written feedback and it said that I waffled and had to be prompted.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you were able to identify a complex problem, evaluate the options, and implement a solution. How did the solution resolve the problem?   Answer Question

ODP Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Essex County Council (Chelmsford, England).

Interview

From start to finish it took 4 months! Initial video interview, then psychometric test, then first interview with a test and panel, then a second interview with another panel, then offer. There were 2 and 3 weeks delays between each step. Complete joke in this day and age.

Finance Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essex County Council (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a video Interview where you get 30s to think then 2 mins to respond. Questions were virtually impossible to prepare for and pretty irrelevant to the job description

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness and how you are looking to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Name a company/person you admire. Why?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you have wanted something so badly that you have done anything in your power to achieve it.   Answer Question

Senior Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essex County Council (Chelmsford, England) in June 2018.

Interview

There seemed quite a long wait from the closing date to an interview being offered.

Communication was done through Capita who provided incorrect names email addresses to send the presentation to a few times!

Interview process was a good experience - an across the table presentation and then questions from each member of the interview panel.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essex County Council.

Interview

Digital interview with about four or five pre-recorded questions with an initial practice question.
    After each question there was 30 seconds to prepare an answer before having one minute to answer each question.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex County Council (Chelmsford, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Two members of the IT team with skilled backgrounds (so they know what they are talking about) ask a series of questions about scenarios where you have done something in the work place.

Interview Questions

• How did you show good communication in your previous job?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Essex County Council (Colchester, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Short face to face interview with standard situation based questions. that lasted around 15 minutes. There were three members of staff at the interview. They tested on services offered by the libraries and how you would handle certain situations as well as detailed analysis of experiences on my CV.

Business Support (FTC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Essex County Council (Harlow, England) in August 2016.

Interview

General interview questions. A couple more styled towards confidentiality due to nature of the position. Followed by a basic IT Test which took 20 minutes to complete. Whole process took about 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a record that showed sensitive data on a person you know?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maldon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essex County Council (Maldon, England) in July 2015.

Interview

I was at Chelmsford Job Centre when I learned about an available internship and customer service position at Chelmsford library. I went onto universal Job match sending my CV and a covering letter. It wasn't very long after that I was contacted by email to come in for an interview.

There was some confusion initially as I didn't realise the interview wasn't in Chelmsford library itself. It was actually in an office building for the library that was about to be closed down. I was a little late for the interview but the interviewer I contacted to explain the situation was very understanding. She greeted me more or less as soon as I came in and led me to a room with a single table with a jug of water on it. A chair was just behind it. I was very grateful for the water as it was a hot day.

Soon the interviewer came in with another lady who I already knew I'd be seeing because of the email correspondence I'd shared beforehand. They were both very friendly and talked briefly about the hot day we were having and had a chat with me before the interview really started. Most of the questions asked were either based on my CV or the things I was talking to them about as opposed to just seeming like a prewritten list of questions. If you give an interviewer something to use as a spring off point for them to ask something else they more than likely will. If you're talking specifically about things you've already done it makes the interview a lot easier.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.