Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions

Interviews at Estée Lauder Companies

2.8

Interview

Interview is very straight forward. They ask for no technical questions, or difficult questions. They start by asking you to walk them through your resume. Then some questions on your previous work experience, what you did and what you have learned from them. It is a very conversational interview and they are very kind. Act confident and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Estee Lauder?   4 Answers

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

went though 4 1:1 interviews with the directors and ED. each one is about 30 minutes and went through technical questions. mostly conversational about past experiences at other companies and school background.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Casual, informal, quick description about job, phone interview, then brought in to meet with team, came back to office 3 times, was then offered position to which I accepted immediately

Interview Questions

• Strengths weakness, why this company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in September 2015.

Interview

I was an internal referral. Spoke to someone in HR over the phone- took them two weeks to set up an interview. Interviewed with HR, senior manager and director. I felt all interviews went overall good, I sent my thank you notes. Followed up several times with HR- nobody ever got back to me. I find this to be incredibly unprofessional, especially considering I was an internal referral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I am over qualified and there was not much to say in the interview process. Pretty basic stuff. The usual where, how, why I would like to work here. Explain your experiences in details.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

Consister of three rounds: HR, Manager and Director. All interviewers were friendly and it felt a lot like a conversation rather than an interview. The HR interviews were about my long/short term goals. The Manager's was more technical based on skills and my ability to do the job. The Director's was mostly behavioral and seeing if I would be the right fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Define gross margin, market share and other marketing terms.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

I responded to an online ad. The assistant of the HR person called to schedule an appointment. I arrived for the appointment. I found the person that interviewed me to be extremely knowledgeable about the kind of work I do. He was very informed and informative. He gave me excellent feedback regarding my portfolio and my presentation. He was upfront and direct and told me he felt I was overqualified for the position. The interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you pay more attention to a person's resume or to their porfolio?   Answer Question

Lead Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Frisco, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

It took a few weeks before I was able to actually get an interview. There were a lot of steps that had to be done online, on my part, but the steps I had to take were not available for about a week. The actual interview took about ten minutes. They didn't want a resume, just asked a few questions like "what would you do in X situation".

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a guest?
      What would you do if a guest did not respond to your greeting?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

asked basic questions about your resume, wanted to see how you would fit in the role and environment, as long as you know what they want and are personable, you should not have a problem getting the position.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Melville, NY (US)).

Interview

Long process, met with 4 different people in about 3 hours. Met with managers, HR and directors. Reviewed the job in extreme detail, they tried to not leave anything on the table. Interviewers were very open

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.