Financial Times Interview Questions

Updated 24 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Financial Times

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 62 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Financial Times (United Kingdom)

Interview

1 - Phone interview 2 - Home test - The test was: Request Multiple URL's is responsible for doing the fetch of URL and response with data JSON data. 3 - Pair programmer about the step 2 implementation

Interview Questions
  • 1 - Creating a web page how to consume the API create the step 2; 2 - Running all tests
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Times (Sofia) in Feb 2021

Interview

3 interviews in total. First and second technical interview with coding sessions in my editor Code is not tested Third interview is with a manager for a general chat. Slow and inadequate

Interview Questions
  • To implement minesweeper in a console style app
  • To implement a vending machine
  • To implement url shortener like tiny url
  • Gopher translator service Gophers are friendly creatures but it’s not that easy to communicate with them. They have their own language and they don’t understand English. Create a program that starts http server. This server should be able to translate English words into words in the gophers' language. Don't worry, the gophers' language is pretty easy. The language that the gophers speak is a modified version of English and has a few simple rules. 1. If a word starts with a vowel letter, add prefix “g” to the word (ex. apple => gapple) 2. If a word starts with the consonant letters “xr”, add the prefix “ge” to the begging of the word. Such words as “xray” actually sound in the beginning with vowel sound as you pronounce them so a true gopher would say “gexray”. 3. If a word starts with a consonant sound, move it to the end of the word and then add “ogo” suffix to the word. Consonant sounds can be made up of multiple consonants, a.k.a. a consonant cluster (e.g. "chair" -> "airchogo”). 4. If a word starts with a consonant sound followed by "qu", move it to the end of the word, and then add "ogo" suffix to the word (e.g. "square" -> "aresquogo"). Your program should accept one command line argument “—port” which is the port that the server is running. Your http server should have the following endpoints: 5. POST “/word” - by given English word, the server should return the word’s translation in gopher language.
It should accept json data in the format {“english-word”:”<a single English word>”} and should return json data in the format {“gopher-word”:”<translated version of the given word>”} 6. (OPTIONAL) POST “/sentence” - by given English sentence (in which each whitespace separated sequence counts as single word) the server should return the sentence translation in gopher language.
It should accept json data in the format {“english-sentence”:”<sentence of English words>”} and return {“gopher-sentence”:”<translated version of the given sentence>”} Assume that every sentence ends with dot, question or exclamation mark. 7. (OPTIONAL) GET “/history” - should return each English word or sentence that was given to the server from the time the server was started along with its translation in gopher language. The output should look like {“history”:[{“apple”:”gapple”},{“my”:”ymogo”},….]}
The returned array should be ordered alphabetically ascending by the English word/sentence. Please don’t confuse the gophers as they don’t understand shortened versions of words or apostrophes. So don’t use words like - “don’t”, “shouldn’t”, etc. Even translated they still won’t understand you so skip them in your solution.
 It is necessary your code to compile.
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Financial Times (United Kingdom)

Interview

Tw Stage Interview - Standard interview questions. Process was really quick and interviews were approximately one week apart. Both managers I interviewed with were lovely and there was a great conversation flow.

Interview Questions
Financial Times
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Financial Times (United States) in Jan 2021

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. All behavioral based questions based on previous experience as well as some situational questions. Each team member did a good job of describing the FT and how their culture is. Response time was pretty quick and the recruiters are helpful throughout the interview process with prep, scheduling, etc.,

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you worked with someone and had to convince them to change their interviewing/hiring processes. How do you keep candidates actively engaged? Tell me about a time when you had a difficult search to perform, how did you over come it? What is something you need to work on/your biggest weakness? Basic questions on previous KPI's and metrics ( # of interviews, time to fill, # of jobs currently handling, etc.,)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Financial Times (United States)

Interview

General screening interview for first round. Second round with supervisor, third round with team. Questions were fairly straight forward and didn't go too far out of the box. Be familiar with the position.

Interview Questions
  • How does your experience aligns with this position?
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (United Kingdom)

Interview

This interview consisted of three rounds : Head of + team member - more of an introduction and focus on who I am and relevant skills Head of & Global Director - presentation creating and presenting, to showcase my skills with responding to a brief and presenting

Interview Questions
  • Who are the key competitors of the Financial Times?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Financial Times (London, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

First screening call, a nice lady not prepared about the actual role and department, I asked a couple of questions but she wasn’t confident most of the time. I felt really bad because based on my first call, I believe it was worth it to have a chance to speak with an actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Financial Times
Anonymous Employee in Bulgaria
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Financial Times (Bulgaria)

Interview

I was given two DB tables and asked to write several simple queries and join the tables in order to answer a given question. After that I had to solve simple programming task in language of my choice.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe previous projects I have worked on and focus on hard moment and I managed to deal with it.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

One of the worse experience I have in the career. They will make you talk to the CTO then ask to work on coding assessment which is pretty intense with a deadline. They will literally ghost you. If you making a candidate go through coding assessment which loved like their actual work. Atleast send them email. If you have a option DON'T apply to this company. They will waste your time and pay is crap!

Interview Questions
  • I won't disclose the exact question. it looked like it was related to something they were working on or trying to solve.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Jun 2020

Interview

Applied online. Was given a briefing interview less then a week later with a member of the HR team. I progressed to an interview regarding my experience, qualifications and other questions. The entire process took less then 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle multiple or conflicting deadlines?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews