Financial Times Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Financial Times

2.6

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

This started out as a good experience - I was contacted by HR for a general phone screening, followed by an in-person interview with the head of the team and her supervisor, and then there was a mock phone call with a potential customer. Communication is slow - everything goes through HR and from first contact to the mock phone call was probably at least a month. After the first mock call they reached back out and asked to have another, but hearing back from them dragged on and on for another 2 weeks. In the end, after 8 weeks of this, I had to reach out and pressure them for an answer, as I was getting sick of waiting. It was a generic "no, we've decided to move onto someone better suited for the position."

The job is really sort of a call center job. You call their current customer base and try to push the higher product onto them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with walking older people through technology?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times.

Interview

easy and thorough. nothing to over stress. Met with several people in teh company beginning with the HR director, and then the department heard, then other team members . Everyone was nice and easy to speak with

Interview Questions

• what is your long term goal   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times in July 2018.

Interview

I applied on the FT career website, and was then contacted by a recruiter within a week after. When the recruiter called me, she said that they've already moved ahead with my candidacy. I thought this was a plus, but it turned out to be a HUGE LIE because two weeks after they sent an automated message saying that I wasn't selected. A little feedback as to why they made this decision would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenge at your last position and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Company rescinded an offer of employment based on immigration/citizenship status. Asked questions far beyond appropriate "Are you authorized to work?" (Yes) and "Do you require sponsorship?" (no), including those pertaining to underlying present/future status and the specific parameters of work authorization documents, with flagrant disregard for I-9 protocol.

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for a new position that the FT was planning on bringing on board for a customer experience associate. I don't remember much applying since I think I applied for it at least a couple of months ago but HR contacted me in early January and set up a phone screening. HR was very easy to talk to and I felt the questions fair. A week later I was scheduled for an interview with the manager of the department. I felt she did an honest job interviewing me, really cared about my background and why I wanted the job. I felt actually the interview went very well. Manager told me she would make a decision the following week. I didn't hear from her all week but I figured that was normal and part of the process. I did follow up with a thank you and asked if they had an update. She emailed basically a customized form rejection telling me that she had a lot of candidates and that they were looking for someone's experience that best aligned with their needs. I shrugged it off and moved on. I would say that the key was I asked how the position came about and she mentioned interns had successfully did a test run of the job and I would speculate that they truly are looking for an internal candidate. If they were looking to hire quickly it would have been done. I wouldn't say it was a negative experience, but I actually also think they truly aren't looking to hire outside of their company.

Also the salary is extremely low I think even with commission involved (high 40K plus 10% commission, this is not a livable salary in NYC). I also think that this position is really a glorified telemarketing position as it involves actually calling up their existing customer base and trying to get them to add more services to their subscriptions. You have to meet quota and their "targets" and that is how you would be judged on your position.

My interviewer was fair and she was kind, but in the end I'm glad I'm moving on because selling isn't something I want to really do anyway!

Interview Questions

• What would you say your strengths are for this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, heard from HR who scheduled an initial phone call—basic questions about my experience and the company. Went on to the next round with hiring managers, and then a third round of meeting department heads and case studies. Everyone was extremely nice, professional, and forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• What recommendations would you make to drive interest in the region?   Answer Question

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and given a 5-10 minute phone interview. She was very flexible with my current schedule and was able to find a time that was suitable for both parties. I felt like it was much shorter than expected, and did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is different about you compared to other candidates?
      How familiar are you with the Financial Times?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied through Workday after seeing the posting on LinkedIn. I was emailed a couple days after I applied by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic and around 20-30 minutes. They tried to get to know me and if I was familiar with the FT and the role I applied for. They also asked why I would be good for the role. We set up an in-person interview a week later with the manager I'd be working with. The manager went through my resume and asked my about my former experience and if I'd be comfortable with what the role required. I was offered the position a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Why/How are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a direct process, Applied online and heard back within two days for a phone screening which was 15 minutes. Got offered a chance to come in the next week for a group/panel interview with people on the team I would be working with and then had an individual interview on another day with the head of the department. Got the offer early the next week and began the week after.

IT Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Times (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied for job from this glass door website. Two weeks later got a call to schedule phone interview for 30 mins on the following day. Telephone interview was clearly scanning candidates as asked about cv, previous experience , motivations, technical skills, why applied to FT, told if selected for second round would be notified with in a week
    Following week at 11am, email giving second interview time and layout of the second interview
    Second interview was fair, given some tasks to do while in there, but nothing to catch applicant out rather testing skills stated in cv and requested in the job spec
    A week later follow up call and call to third interview with another FT manager
    Fair, straight forward interview -
    Overall experience very fair and efficient , were as promise wee as promised

Salary too low

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.