Financial Times Reviews

Updated 29 Jul 2020

Financial Times CEO John Ridding
John Ridding
Pros
Cons
  • "Politics and career progression is very tricky to navigate(in 20 reviews)

• "Middle management hanging on for retirement who will do anything to not lose their easy life(in 11 reviews)

1. "Great place to Work!"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I have been working at Financial Times full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits Career progression opportunities Big emphasis on equal opportunities. Promote D&I across all teams Well-benchmarked salary

Cons

They take good care of you - you may not want to leave..

2. "Fantastic team"

Current Employee - Trainer in London, England

I have been working at Financial Times full-time

Pros

People are willing to collaborate People want to help each other People are really nice and a dream to work with The company focuses on quality

Cons

A siloed business so it's not easy to know who to reach out to for help Sometimes too many people are involved in decision-making processes Not many opportunities to progress unless if you stay at the company for a long time.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Financial Times full-time

Pros

Great colleagues The ethos is all about the employee Great extra curricular activities Good work life balance

Cons

Occasional lack of communication between managers and staff

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Head of CRM in London, England

I worked at Financial Times full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong management and company direction, opportunity to move around within the business, good benefits package, really advanced customer data, smart people

Cons

None that I can think of

5. "All that Glitters is not gold."

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Financial Times full-time

Pros

One of the most prestigious brands to work for in London and a genuine buzz of an environment. Some highly competent staff and a good sense of camaraderie.

Cons

With a brand as well established as the FT, they can afford to tread water and not do anything too drastic. One of my major gripes was that any advancement opportunities always went to external candidates as the middle management didn't want to have to go through another interview process to replace your spot (or train them). Salaries kept lower than industry standard because "Hey, we're the FT!" and nepotism / favouritism rampant. My sincere advice to anyone thinking of joining the business side of the FT is to move on after 2 years max. Great brand on the CV, but you won't build a career here.

6. "Amazing brand"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England

I have been working at Financial Times full-time

Pros

Great brand and pioneer strategy and forward looking

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive as others

7. "Great company but avoid this department"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in London, England

I have been working at Financial Times full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, good people. The CEO and board seem to make an effort to care about its staff

Cons

Chained to your desk in this role - everything you do is monitored. Micro-management is abundant. They lure you in with prospects of career growth but then do nothing to help you in the interests of 'keeping people in the team'. They keep throwing extra work but making no effort to raise the salary, and even have made it increasingly difficult to get your bonus

June 15, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for writing us this review. I am glad that you enjoy working with the people within your team here at the FT and have found that our leaders are transparent and empathetic towards staff at all levels. However, I hear your points around a lack of personal career growth and that you feel limited in your current role. Although our managers should be having continuous conversations with their team members about their performance, growth and development, I can understand that this likely has not been addressed as recently as you would like. Our internal Talent team includes career coaching advice for members of staff that is completely confidential. They can also discuss with you any internal opportunities that may interest you in other areas of the business. I would encourage you to request a meeting with your manager to discuss these specific concerns and a development plan that might help you achieve your goals.

8. "Positive start"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Financial Times full-time for less than a year

Pros

very good interview process, great office atmosphere, friendly colleagues, engaging company mission and trusted and respected company to work for

Cons

some internal processes could be simplified

April 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so far with the FT. We truly feel a collaborative, open and transparent approach to our company missions is what helps to drive everyone towards a common and achievable goal - it is one reason as to why we were able to hit 1 million paid subscribers ahead of schedule last year. It is encouraging to hear you have felt this coming into the team.

9. "Great Team & Company to work with!"

Current Employee - Procurement Administrator

I have been working at Financial Times full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly, team spirit, integrity, knowledge, structure

Cons

Cant think of any!

April 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time within the FT's Procurement team so far!

10. "Brilliant People, Brilliant Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service in London, England

I have been working at Financial Times full-time for less than a year

Pros

A diverse, welcoming company that is willing to develop and grow their employees, management are good, supporting staff are pleasant and easy to talk to. Very good place to work.

Cons

Pressure, there is a lot of pressure from management and customer's requests to deal with, with a lot of middle managers but line managers seem to be extremely busy, too busy to offer support at times.

April 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to hear that you have found the FT to be welcoming, and that you have found a diverse environment focused on the development of staff. Perhaps address your points with your line manager to ensure you have a good understanding of what you should expect from your manager and stakeholders - your insight may show where processes need clarification. We wish you well throughout your career with the FT.

Found 270 reviews