Firstsource Solutions Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 205 interviews

In Person10%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Middlesbrough, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Middlesbrough, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

My Interview was scheduled by H. R Officer Claire and the process was clear and transparent. My Interview was handled by the Manager Andrew. It was done Virtually through Microsoft Teams.

Interview Questions
  • How will we adapt in tough situations and why is adaptability important?
    1 Answer

Firstsource Solutions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions

Interview

Applied online, contacted to book in telephone interview. Booked in the interview then started a couple of weeks later. 4 weeks training which wasn’t the best. Didn’t get a chance to use systems before starting live on the phone.

Interview Questions
  • Who would win a fight between a horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses

Firstsource Solutions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions

Interview

I got an invitation for an interview & didn't speak to anyone, then received an email about how good it was to talk to me. I had a choice to accept or not, so i accepted of course

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Firstsource Solutions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions in Nov 2020

Interview

Received a call at midday from a mobile number and was asked if I wanted a phone interview at 3pm the next day which I gratefully accepted, the woman on the phone told me to expect a call from a withheld number. Spent the next morning preparing and then sat next to my phone from half past 2 until half past 4; by which point I had received zero contact from anyone. At this point the benefit of the doubt I was giving the company by thinking they could be running behind schedule had now changed to feelings of anger that I had clearly been forgotten about. only had the phone number which had contacted me the day before to ring and so I rang at 4.30pm only to be greeted by a voicemail. Five minutes later I did receive a return call and immediately was greeted "Hi is that [my name]? Has nobody called you for your interview?" which immediately made me even more angry because this woman spoke as though this thing happens all the time! Throughout this phone call I did contain my anger because I didn't know whose fault this all was and don't like to shout at people. The next thing I was told was that the person supposed to be interviewing me was "in a meeting at 3", again something which shouldn't happen and I wasn't made aware of. I was then given an apology and asked if I wanted to reschedule to which I said no because I was very fed up of the whole process. If you are offered an interview from this company, I hope they don't treat you how I was treated, but if they can't even do the interview process correctly and without annoying people then I don't think they would be a good company to work for. A company so poorly organised should be applied for with care.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (London, England, England) in May 2018

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a position with First Source to do a customer service advisor role with Lloyd's Bank. I don't currently have a job so it seemed like a perfect opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to submit to a background check?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Andover, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Andover, England, England) in Apr 2018

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and two days later told I got the job. i never had an interview or anything. I never met with a hiring team. It was simply the recruiter sent over my resume and I was instantly hired.

4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Derby, England, England) in Apr 2017

Interview

The session started in a presentation room where we were shown a video of the company giving a good overview of the work they did and what they offered. It was reasonable in length preventing it getting boring. This was followed up by a verbal presentation by a very confident and well briefed lady from the Cardiff office. She gave an upbeat and very detailed description of what was required in the job and all of the potential bonuses and benefits available to us if we achieved our targets. I was pleased to hear her stress that they did expect fully commitment and maximum effort for these bonuses. Too many companies gloss over that fact, We went to a training room and each person was asked to introduce themselves giving an interesting fact about themselves. We were then taken into the operations area and put with advisors on live calls. We had headsets allowing us to hear the customers too. This was a great way to show how tasks are carried out. Between calls we could ask the advisor questions and we were encouraged to do so. We returned to the training room and split into two groups. We were given folders and asked to build a house with sky set-up in it. This was completed but along the way the rules changed several times (deliberately I suspect to test flexibility). When it was completed we had to sell the house to the opposing team in a dragons den style. Each person had to ask and answer at least one question. During the session there were four personnel taking notes on how we handled things. This was followed by a process they called "Speed dating". One half of the group went into a cinema area and each person sat with a team leader or recruiter. They asked one or two questions which you answered and after two minutes a bell rang and you moved to the next person who asked different questions. This continued until each person had been questioned by each recruiter/leader. We returned to the previous room and completed a very long document covering all aspects of yourself from addresses over last five years, criminal records, medical conditions etc. This concluded the session and after our passport or driving licence along with other requested papers were copied we were allowed to leave. I can honestly say it's the best interview/selection process I've been through as it seemed designed to let them see the real person and not someone answering standard interview questions like a robot.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to a customer that rang Sky requesting to downgrade their service.

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Cardiff, Wales, Wales) in Apr 2017

Interview

The Interview was easy when I applied, it was 1 - 1, group exercise and call listening. But i believe it it could be all different now, with EON and sky, they basically test you now

Interview Questions
  • What is customer service and tell me an example?

Firstsource Solutions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions in Dec 2016

Interview

There whole company is a joke. The recruitment staff are really unprofessional unorganised and just don't really care. It's definitely the worst process I've seen and it smelt in the room there was no air conditioning.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firstsource Solutions (Cardiff, Wales, Wales) in Nov 2016

Interview

It included group work, simple team building exercises and one on one questions. Overall a very simple process as they will literally hire anyone with a high school education or higher.

Interview Questions
  • What do I think makes good customer service
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews