FiveAI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FiveAI Interview Questions

Interviews at FiveAI

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

There were around 3 interviews and a project based interview. They gave a state of the art AI paper to implement. They gave around 3 days and then had an interview about it. The paper was tough but doable. It took all three days. I think that's a little unreasonable for them to ask people to code for three days straight.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FiveAI.

Interview

I applied and they sent me a standard coding test which I completed the next day. I heard nothing back for 2 weeks and had to sent them a chasing email just to hear about my application status.

I spent 45 minutes on their test and they couldn't take 5 minutes to respond. Unbelievably rude. Look into your hiring ethics.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FiveAI (Cambridge, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The process took 1 week. I got 1 technical interview with coding exercise which I did well, I was then invited to the face-to-face interview for 3.5 hours with 1 manager, 1 team leader and 2 software engineers. The interview covered some knowledge about my previous role, 3 coding challenges. I did all the questions pretty well and was very confident that I would get an offer. However, the day after that I got an email from the engineer manager informing that they all enjoyed my interview but decided not to take my application further because they were not convinced that I had enough technical depth to thrive at the company!!!

I was shocked because of this unexpected result without any further feedback on why they came up with this decision. I guessed I could be because of my limited knowledge in React which they are working with. React, Nodejs or whatever can be learned in few week time and I have still been learning new stuff and get work done that way. This is the most disappointing experience in my interviews. It has been such a waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted integer list, find a pair of integers which has a sum closet to a given number   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FiveAI (Bristol, England) in January 2020.

Interview

1) Apply online (just with a CV)
    2) Phone Screening (general questions about CV)
    3) Coding Challenge (email a solution to a coding challenge - 2hrs)
    4) Onsite Interview (1st half questions about CV + past projects, 2nd half simple programming questions + maths logic question, 2hrs in total)

Interview Questions

• There is a building with 100 floors and you have two eggs. Both eggs will break if dropped from the same certain floor. How can you find this certain floor in the least number of egg drops?   1 Answer

Computer Vision Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FiveAI (Bristol, England) in January 2020.

Interview

First was an interview on the resume and the software engineering concepts that lasted for 30-45 minutes. Then it was a take-home problem to solve which was fairly easy to solve. Finally the technical interview with coding and vision questions for 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Discuss some of the object detection techniques you have worked upon   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FiveAI (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Screening interview by team leader over skype of both personal and technical background and multiple technical interviews by team members over video conference. Last round of interview happens at the office.

Interview Questions

• Non parametric Bayesian filter and its characteristics, practical tricks   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FiveAI.

Interview

I had an initial call, then was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was done by five different people, over 3 x 10 - 15 minute sessions.

I was told that they were hoping "to finalise (their) decision immediately the next day."

I heard nothing the next day, so sent a follow up email. I was told that they would like to "proceed with a more thorough meeting" so went back again.

Four days later, I still hadn't heard anything, so I emailed again. I had a phone call and was told that I was the preferred candidate, but that they were still speaking to a few people. I was told that someone would call me back in two days and let me know what was going on.

I never heard anything from him again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.