Future Science Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

Interviews at Future Science Group

Positive100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Future Science Group

Future Science Group

Application

I interviewed at Future Science Group

Interview

A relatively simple online interview after successfully completing an assessment. Fairly generic interview questions and some explanation about the company and the role more specifically. Adapted to an online interview and assessment process during lockdown.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our competitors and how do we compare?
    Answer Question

Future Science Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Future Science Group

Interview

Firstly, there was a short editor assessment sent via email, followed by a face to face interview with multiple members of the department. The interview involved feedback on the assessment, a description of the role and then standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • What aspect of this job do you think sounds most challenging?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Future Science Group (London, England, England) in Aug 2018

Interview

One assessment day. This included a quality checking test on an editorial piece, a group exercise which was on writing emails, and 2 interviews, one with the lead editor and another member of staff, and another with the managers of the editorial teams. First interview was mainly based on publishing and the job itself, the second was personality and competency based.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think are the key challenges facing the scientific publishing industry in the next few years?

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Science Group (Finchley, England, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

Had one interview with the Managing Production Editor and the Head of Production. They were nice enough. I had a test before the interview where I had to compare an old figure and a new and improved figure (biological process in a cell) and write any comments I had. This task requires great attention to detail e.g font, what colours work together.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you? Where do you want to be in 5 years? What do you think a typical day in this role is like? If you won a huge amount of money and you didn't need to work, what would you do?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Future Science Group (London, England, England) in Feb 2017

Interview

Involved 2 rounds of interviews, each with 2 interviewers. Quite alot of interview questions. Also a short assesment to see proofing skills - involving spotting errors in an article.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Science Group (London, England, England)

Interview

Introductory presentation about company and role Quality Control Assessment Group exercise individual interviews - 1st with two senior commissioning editors (who were quite cold) and the 2nd with two other employees (much more senior than the first two) who were more warm and welcoming, professional and put nerves at ease (I put this down to interviewing experience). Not sure if this was a "good cop, bad cop" scenario, don't let this put you off or lose you nerve.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

Interview

I attended a Graduate recruitment day, which took place in the London office. This involved learning about the company and taking a proof-reading test. There was a lot of information to take in and some was not relevant. It is mostly done as a group with other people applying for the same role, although the atmosphere was pleasant and not overly competitive as several roles were available.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed