Future Science Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Future Science Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Future Science Group

Interviews for Top Jobs at Future Science Group

Production Editor Interview

Interview

A relatively simple online interview after successfully completing an assessment. Fairly generic interview questions and some explanation about the company and the role more specifically. Adapted to an online interview and assessment process during lockdown.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our competitors and how do we compare?   Answer Question

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Future Science Group.

Interview

Firstly, there was a short editor assessment sent via email, followed by a face to face interview with multiple members of the department. The interview involved feedback on the assessment, a description of the role and then standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of this job do you think sounds most challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Future Science Group (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

One assessment day. This included a quality checking test on an editorial piece, a group exercise which was on writing emails, and 2 interviews, one with the lead editor and another member of staff, and another with the managers of the editorial teams. First interview was mainly based on publishing and the job itself, the second was personality and competency based.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the key challenges facing the scientific publishing industry in the next few years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Science Group (Finchley, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Had one interview with the Managing Production Editor and the Head of Production. They were nice enough. I had a test before the interview where I had to compare an old figure and a new and improved figure (biological process in a cell) and write any comments I had. This task requires great attention to detail e.g font, what colours work together.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What do you think a typical day in this role is like?
      If you won a huge amount of money and you didn't need to work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Future Science Group (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Involved 2 rounds of interviews, each with 2 interviewers. Quite alot of interview questions. Also a short assesment to see proofing skills - involving spotting errors in an article.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us some of our competitors in publishing?   1 Answer
    • What would your dream job be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Science Group (London, England).

Interview

Introductory presentation about company and role
    Quality Control Assessment
    Group exercise
    individual interviews - 1st with two senior commissioning editors (who were quite cold) and the 2nd with two other employees (much more senior than the first two) who were more warm and welcoming, professional and put nerves at ease (I put this down to interviewing experience). Not sure if this was a "good cop, bad cop" scenario, don't let this put you off or lose you nerve.

Assistant Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

Interview

I attended a Graduate recruitment day, which took place in the London office. This involved learning about the company and taking a proof-reading test. There was a lot of information to take in and some was not relevant. It is mostly done as a group with other people applying for the same role, although the atmosphere was pleasant and not overly competitive as several roles were available.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.