G Adventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G Adventures Interview Questions

Interviews at G Adventures

2.9

Tour Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview

The Online video interview asks you 7 questions just to get an idea of your personality and communication style. Once you start the process you will get prep time but could have been a little longer. Once you're done you just submit your answers. Some questions are definitely interesting and original but not something I was used to. Remember to know what the Core Values are!

Interview Questions

• If you could print a 3D image of an object what would it be and why?   Answer Question

6 Mar 2020 – Coordinator, Global Talent

Thank you for leaving us a review. We hope that you enjoyed the unique experience and were able to learn more about G Adventures in this process.

Regional Sales Manager, Affinity Groups Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G Adventures (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online after learning about the job from a friend who recently started working there. Held two informal interviews with the hiring manager and would be counterpart. Then participated in G's initial video screening interview.

Interview Questions

G Adventures Response

11 Dec 2019 – Coordinator, Global Talent

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our process. We invite you to write to us at talent@gadventures.com so we can discuss further. Thank you.

CEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G Adventures (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very quick not very many details dosen't mention anything about the pay or perdiem money omg you have to do all this to put in a review my goodness

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Recorded myself answering questions using HireVu, in person interview, a video call, and the G Factor interview (culture fit). Overall, really smooth process. Was kept in the loop by the Talent Team and key members of staff. No chasing down people via email for information. Really kind, caring people on the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at G Adventures?   Answer Question

11 Mar 2020 – Coordinator, Global Talent

Thank you for leaving your review. Happy to hear you had a positive experience and we hope you're enjoying your time at G!

Chief Experience Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G Adventures (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The people who interview are really nice and easy to talk to. It is not intimidating at all.The questions were not easy but if you are experienced in customer service and have a great personality you will be fine.

Travel Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview

A few phone call interviews and then two Skype interviews with some employees at the company. The hardest part was answering the questionnaire before there were any interviews. it was very lengthy but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather seat mayonnaise or let everyone see your internet browsing history.   1 Answer

Marketing and Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at G Adventures (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

You submit an online application and you are then contacted by "HR" if they like what they see. At some point early on during the process I had a phone chat with "HR" where they were open and honest with me about the salary expectations I had put in my application. The next step is to do an online interview where they have pre-recorded questions and you have a set amount of time to record your own answer. You only have one chance to answer. Once you submit that, the next step would be to go in for an in-person interview, and the final step (which I didn't personally experience) is a casual and fun experience between you and a few people at G. I heard they ask you random and silly questions and they look for the most creative answer. At this point you are essentially hired, and G just really wants to get to know you and your personality. The interview process can take months, but that's why they have a low turn-over rate. My suggestion: read as much as you can about the company (even order their brochures) and you should do great - let your personality really shine through during the whole process!

Tour Guide (CEO) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Earth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures (Earth, TX (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview online was not with a live person. It consists of 8 questions that were recorded. You hear a question, get 30 seconds to prepare an answer, and then you have 3 minutes to answer and you get recorded - you only get one take for each question. 2 or 3 of the questions were in the local language, and the answers had to be in the local language too (i.e. the language I was required to speak for the region)
    Second interview was online with a person on Skype. Questions were regular interview questions, about the region and about the job skills.
    Third interview was the G Factor, with a person on Skype - a series of bizarre questions with the interviewer trying to gauge how much you fit the company culture.
    Fourth interview: This one was with a different senior person, and seemed more as a final check. Some regular and situational interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions:
      Q. Explain what is a *name of the most popular national dish of a country* (For example the Russian Borsch - the soup).
      Q. Anything you need to improve in yourself (i.e. what is your weakness)?
      Q. How would you make sure you don't feel lonely or homesick during the contract?
      Q. What is sustainable tourism for you?
      Q. Which day of the tour is the most important? (The first day!)
      Q. How would you handle a client on tour who is not satisfied with the trip?

Bizarre questions during the G Factor (3rd interview)
      Q. With which food family do you most identify with?
      Q. If you had to pick two celebrity parents, who would they be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G Adventures in January 2015.

Interview

Had a one on one Skype interview a few weeks after applying. It was nice, informal, asked about my background. Had some situational questions. A couple weeks later had a group skype interview with 3 others. This was more of the same with the "G Factor" portion taking up more than half the interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the "G Factor" questions that was asked of me was "Would you rather have sex with your parents once or watch them have sex every day for a year." It was a very disturbing question and made me have second thoughts after the interview. Is it even legal to ask something like that?   1 Answer

8 Nov 2019 – Coordinator, Global Talent

Thank you for leaving a review. We do apologize that such an inappropriate question came up in the G Factor and that this was just brought to our attention now. The purpose of the G Factor is to allow our candidates to Embrace the Bizarre, one of our Core Values. A portion of the G Factor does allow for a free-flowing conversation where out of the ordinary questions could come up. However, this type of question is definitely not one we condone and we are sorry to hear you were put in an uncomfortable situation. We are in the process of re-evaluating the G Factor and are working on building better training for our staff for when it comes to participating in the G Factor. Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview

the process is long, but people very friendly, they try that you show the best of you. they divide the process in 3, one with hr, then with the direct boss and finally a random interview with random people for the team to see if your a good match for the company culture

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.