G Adventures Reviews

Updated 9 Apr 2021

3.8
G Adventures Founder Bruce Poon Tip
Bruce Poon Tip
Pros
  • "Company culture is absolutely fantastic, worked with some of the best people I know(in 27 reviews)

• "and we really do live and breathe our Core Values every day(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unfortunately low pay for the amount you'll work(in 24 reviews)

• "No common purpose despite there being significant effort placed in to core values(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

They're Grrrrrrrreat

11 Jan 2021 - GCO- Global Connections Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

fams, fun and fabulous colleagues

Cons

irregular working hours and not great pay

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed the trips we offer and the company of your colleagues. Thank you for your contributions to G Adventures. We want to wish you the best for your future.

2. 4.0

Good G

17 Feb 2021 - Technical Support Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really relaxed environment, great place to work, young workplace

Cons

cant really think of any to be fair

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our working environment and culture. Thank you for your contributions to G Adventures. We want to wish you the best for your future.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best company I have ever worked for!

9 Sep 2020 - GCO- Global Connections Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Actually stand by their Core Values in EVERYTHING they do! - Company culture is absolutely fantastic, worked with some of the best people I know. - Really fun and creative office environment. - Hard work is rewarded, target driven atmosphere with lots of incentives to perform at your highest level, and training opportunities to develop yourself. - I learned so so much in this job and genuinely went home every day happy.

Cons

- Genuinely no cons for me, but perhaps if you are someone who prefers to work individually or is less outgoing you will not get the most out of this job. - There are different start/end times and you will need to work weekends, this was not a problem for me at all but if you are someone who has to have a regular 9-5 this isn't the role for you. - During busy periods there can be a lot of pressure to get through the calls, I enjoy being busy but if you get stressed easily you could find it difficult.

Global Talent

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our company culture and the people that you worked with. The employee experience is very important to us, and we work hard to put in place a variety of different programs to support our employees in getting the most out of their experience with G. We wish you all the best for the future.

4. 1.0

Pass, it’s all fake

28 Jun 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1 x free trip per year

Cons

Working at G Adventures is like thinking that you’ve won the career lottery......then finding out about the nasty fees that go along with it. The shiny purple loop tail is surrounded with razor blades and is representative of cutthroat tourism industry and G thinks it’s so different to everyone else because of its “culture”. G Adventures is no different to any other business in the world, it is driven by money and does not really care to make a difference in the world. G Adventures “pride themselves” on their people, making you think that career development and progression is possible but it’s all lies. Wanting to progress throughout the company is based on your popularity and I witnessed numerous counts of favouritism among certain individuals across the sales, marketing and operations teams. The core values are just marketing. Plain and simple. They are never even considered when making business decisions or creating any policies internal or external. They are often used as a weapon against employees, if you’re not “G” then you won’t make it in the purple world! G Adventures think that Friday afternoon beers, themed meeting rooms and a popcorn machine driving engagement but really as an employee all you want is to work for a company where your hard work is valued, your salary reflects the effort and dedication you have to producing high quality work and that you’re respected by your manager. You won’t get any of that working at G Adventures.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Marketed well, but that doesn’t reflect the reality

2 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You’ll learn a lot as the company moves quickly. - FAM trips once a year.

Cons

- The core values are a great for marketing but are not followed by the leadership team. - Very few women at upper management levels. - Heavy drinking culture along with a toxic bro culture, if you don’t go out for drinks you’ll be overlooked for promotions and other opportunities. - Very few opportunities for progression outside of head office, and camps and awards are a popularity contest. - Salaries are low for the industry and offices are located in very expensive cities. - Culture fits during the recruitment process means that people are only hired if other staff think they fit. This means that quieter people can miss out on these roles as they “fail” this recruitment stage.

1 person found this review helpful

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We are constantly striving to improve the employees experience at G Adventures and this year we have been working hard on a number of initiatives to support this. This year we openly shared the actions we will take to deliver on our diversity and inclusion commitments including overhauling our talent attraction strategies. We are committed to doing better. The pandemic has hit the travel industry hard this year and therefore opportunities for promotions at G Adventures have been limited. However we hope that our employees have been provided with exposure within their current roles that support their future growth and development. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review, should you wish to discuss your experiences further please contact me on cjones@gadventures.com

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company! Hopefully bounce back again after covid struggle.

19 Oct 2020 - GCO- Global Connections Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere with great training and support. You get a free holiday once a year as-well. Lots of other incentives and free trips/fun day's out. You get to make a difference to peoples lives through travel.

Cons

Not many. Probably having to work weekends & it can be very fast paced and busy with high call volumes and livechats.

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working with us, that you felt connected to our purpose and you enjoyed the various perks/benefits that we have to offer. We do provide 24/7 customer service and support to our travellers and we very much appreciate the dedication, passion and lead with service attitude that our GCOs bring to work with them everyday in order to deliver on that promise. Thank you for your contributions to G Adventures. We want to wish you the best for your future.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

G

11 Dec 2020 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment,various career options

Cons

None none none none none

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying G Adventures!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best job I ever had

12 Nov 2020 - Assistant Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Environment & culture, business growth as well as opportunity for personal growth, salary, people

Cons

I can't think of any at all

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted you had such a great experience at G Adventures. Good luck in the future.

9. 4.0

Covid review

27 Oct 2020 - Outbound GCO in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, perks of travel, fun place, decent pay

Cons

Redundancy was brutal, pay was not great when started, no longer hiring

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted you had a positive experience at G Adventures and enjoyed our employee benefits and culture. The effects of Covid-19 have been devastating, as well as having had a catastrophic effect on the travel industry as a whole. We are no exception and in response to an unprecedented situation, we have had to make some difficult decisions. However we take your feedback onboard and wish you all the best for the future.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Role

20 Oct 2020 - Salaes Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, company culture, management, open door policy.

Cons

Salary - That's the only thing I can think of

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time at G Adventures. We appreciate and value your feedback in regards to your salary. We regularly review market benchmarking data to ensure we are paying our employees at a fair and competitive level in both the travel and vertical industries. We do however thank you for your feedback on this topic and will continue to review this essential component as part of our total rewards strategy. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to your manager or the Global Talent team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 253 Reviews