GO Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GO Outdoors Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jul 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Norwich, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called about 2 weeks later and invited to an interview the next day. Group interview that consisted of 6 (including me), we were split into 2 groups - 1 group did a task based on open and closed questions and how to engage with customers. The groups then swapped and we did a challenge based around product knowledge - we picked a product and attempted to identify its features and why they were beneficial. The whole group was then brought back together and taken onto the shop floor to tidy up an aisle that had been deliberately disorganised. All together it was a very relaxed but thorough interview conducted by two managers. No 1-to-1 interview took place.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Plymouth, England).

Interview

I applied online and got a call after a couple days saying I was invited in for an interview. The interview was a group interview. We were split up into tables of about 7 or 8, where we had to play a couple of games such as two truths, one lie etc to get us started. Then we were asked to go up to a table and pick a products and describe it to the rest of our table the way we would to a customer. Then we had to have an interview on our own where they just asked things about your CV and about your interest in outdoor activities. All in all, it was very relaxed and one of the nicer interviews I've ever been to.

Interview Questions

• What outdoor activities do you enjoy?   1 Answer

Tills/Clothing Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Wolverhampton, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Had to complete two tasks. One was you had to sell a product to the group and the other was prioritising different tasks. Around another 6 people in my group and another 6-8 in the group doing the task we weren't currently doing. Was quite hard to get a word in during the priority task but you have to give a good impression as you're being observed. Took a few weeks for them to inform me I had got a job but started right away.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Chatham, England) in December 2016.

Interview

spoke to agency who confirmed my interview slot. At the interview we were split into groups and gave a presentation about a product from the choice they provided, then worked in a team to answer questions about how we would approach different situations and scenarios. Finally there was a 1:1 for each person to go through CV and for them to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Nottingham, England) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview focused mainly on teamworking and product knowledge. various tasks were completed through the day. these tasks including taking a product at random and talking about the product, its uses and the type of customer would use this or how it would be used with another type of product. there were a few team challenges also, including the lowering of a pole with a group of people all maintaining contact with the pole.

Interview Questions

• Gave us a list of scenarios and was asked to prioritize them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Leeds, England).

Interview

I applied on via their direct job portal. A few weeks later I had an over the phone interview and then was invited to a group assessment day and one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• The group interview involves you having to select a product and to sell it to your peers   Answer Question
    • The second interview they asked me what I do for my volunteering which is listed on my CV   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a one to one interview at the store i was applying. The interview was organised after I completed their online process. The interview took around 10 to 15 minutes where i was asked questions by a supervisor. I was told that if i got the job i would receive a confirmation email within 5 working days after the interview if i got the job as sales assistant..

Interview Questions

• Will this be your first job?   1 Answer
    • What makes you right right person to be part of Go Outdoors?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GO Outdoors in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for sales assistant not senior

Sent in my CV i believe they invite everyone for an interview. It is one on one
    Interviewed by the store manager ask the standard questions

It is really down to if the store manager likes you or not which isn't fair. I feel as though i was discriminated against due to my age and that the manager instantly made presumptions

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Southampton, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through job website , handled by a recruitment agency which had myself do a telephone interview, then invited to do a SWOT analysis at the store , once I had successfully done that I was then invited for a one on one interview at the store with the Store Manager and the Regional Manager going through the SWOT also previous experience and other background details.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GO Outdoors (Manchester, England) in May 2015.

Interview

No interview just hired, Asked when can you start and had a health and safety brief, given work shirt and started next day. Worked in five places and non where the same as this.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.