GSA Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GSA Capital Interview Questions

Interviews at GSA Capital

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSA Capital (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 men onsite, each for about 1 hour. One focused on research experience on resume and coding, one focused on technical math/stats problems, the last one is a senior boss and asked you to find alpha given a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• What is the MLE of the parameter of a Poisson Distribution?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSA Capital.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. Interviewer was very nice and patient when working through math/quant problems. Asked him about the overall hiring process and he said it starts with a phone interview, then a second phone interview, then a mathematical modeling problem, then another interview about your model, then they fly you over for a final interview.

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GSA Capital (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied on the website and they gave me a phone interview. And the interviewer was patient and stated his question very clearly. But it seems I don't have enough knowledge for statistical learning. So I failed in the interview.

Quantitative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First stage is a set of interviews, for a total of 3 hours (1hr per interview) on the same day. Questions include basic statistics, and math. In the second stage, they sent a project and you need to finish with a limited time. And the last stage is on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Law of large numbers, central limit theorem, approximate probabilities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England).

Interview

I was interviewed 7 times in total across two separate visits. They also asked me to complete a (untimed, and relatively short) programming exercise in my own time. All of the interviewers were friendly, interesting, and came across as very intelligent. They were all actively interested in and working with, new technologies. Overall I got the impression that the people at GSA were pretty great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England) in May 2012.

Interview

Started with 3 on site 1-1 interviews. All of them were half focused on coding (java mainly) and other half on Maths (linear programming, probabilities, mathematical induction...)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a first round interview by telephone and I wasn't too sure what to expect after reading the negative feedback on this site. The interviewer on the other side of the phone was very professional and friendly so ended up having a productive two-way conversation. I got to find out about the company, how it operates and the interviewer took an interest in the software I have built.

I was too hesitant so I wasn't asked for further interviewers however I got a good impression of its people as they seem to have the top 1% of developers working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

I discovered only after my interview that they do not reimburse travel for first interviews. I mostly blame the recruiter for not telling me, but I still feel this is unnecessarily stingy on the company's part.

The interview itself was fairly pleasant, composed of 3 hour long interviews which broadly focused on algorithms, some mathematics, and a little advanced functional programming.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of desired changes in foreign currency holdings, and exchange prices, work out the cheapest set of trades   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England).

Interview

Sent my CV through a recruiter and arranged an on-site interview. The interview was 3 hours long and mostly technical, with a separate interviewer each hour. All interviewers were really friendly and seemed to be quite intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Question on heap vs stack memory and analysis of code causing a stack overflow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

I think the interview process varies somewhat but in my case it was 2 phone interviews and then an 3 hour on-site interview. In general the interviews were quite challenging but they were still very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Given an arithmetic expression in a string format (e.g. "(2*3)+((1+2)*7)") create a function that evaluates the expression, taking operator precedence into account, and returns the result as an integer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.