Games Workshop Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 62 of over 62 interviews

Other6%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Games Workshop

Application

I interviewed at Games Workshop

Interview

I applied for the NAEM position, along with 19 other potential candidates. After the full group interviewed, no one reached out to those candidates when they were not selected for the second interview. Those persons who had a second interview were not contacted (pass or fail). After following up with HR directly, no response was given.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Games Workshop.
    Answer Question

Games Workshop

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Games Workshop

Interview

Travel to Nottingham Headquarters required at the time. Travel expenses were paid for. The interview was conducted by two recruitment managers, who were new to the position at the time. Overall, their questioning process was fairly standard, though at times it felt like they were trying to tease out certain answers. The number one thing to keep in mind when applying for a Games Workshop position is to stress the importance of customer turnover over anything else. Not to say that they dont care about creating community gaming spaces, or fostering a friendly store atmosphere, but these all come second to customer turnover.

Interview Questions
  • If given a store to manage, how would you want it to look like in the next year? Customer-wise, not aesthetically speaking.

Games Workshop

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Games Workshop in Jul 2021

Interview

I applied for the role at the end of June, a few days prior to the deadline. Heard nothing back for about 5 weeks. Subsequently chased and got a reply around 3 days later saying they would be short listing candidates over the coming weeks. I then received a phone call the next day which was basically a screening call, asking me if I was still interested in the role and my salary expectations etc. I gave a range and was straight away told that the lowest one was "the maximum they could do" and the recruiter went on about their infamous end of year bonuses. Red flag 1. A few days later I was invited to an interview over Google meet. Was told it would last an hour, but in reality it barely scraped 30 minutes. The 2 interviewers seemed pleasant enough but the impression I got was that the company itself is very disorganised. Alot of waffling and no real definitive answers about the role and how it would work. Was told I'd hear about their decision in around 5 days and they were basically going to offer to someone after 1 interview. Red flag 2! It's been over 2 weeks now and I've heard nothing from the recruiter, even after chasing. Seems like they prefer to just ghost you than even give you the courtesy of a rejection email, which is extremely poor considering the effort it takes to submit a professional video application. All in all quite disappointing, I expected much better from such a renowned company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Games Workshop (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Very streamlined online written/video application. You need to write a short letter about why you want the job, upload a CV and fill in some questions. Alternatively you can upload a video outlining why you would like to work for the company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Games Workshop

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Games Workshop

Interview

I was given a month (!!!) long art test task. I had to create a digital sculpt of a character from a couple of choices that they gave in the brief, this sculpt had to be suitable to be made into a miniature for tabletop gaming. After I completed the task and sent it off I got an acknowledgement email, then about a month later I unfortunately got an email saying that I hadn't succeeded. What really rubbed me the wrong way was the feedback I received. I firmly believe that if you do an art test for a company (especially one that is a MONTH long!) and do not succeed, the feedback you get from industry pros is very valuable anyway. What I got was not feedback on my art or how I could improve. I got advice on how to make a good Warhammer model, how to make it look like it belongs in the IP, how customers need to "need" to buy the model. I don't know about other artists, but I apply for a wide range of jobs. I don't just sit on LinkedIn obsessively applying for Games Workshop over and over again. I put in a month of my time, and I got absolutely nothing of worth. This company doesn't respect the time and effort of others.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Games Workshop (London, England, England)

Interview

I've applied for two GW jobs now, this one and one in 2019. I got further in the 2019 one and had an interview but was turned down. I incessantly asked for feedback because they seemed really keen at the time but we blamed. This time however I felt more qualified for the job and for rejected after 1 day with an automated email at midnight. Didn't seem like any human had actually seen my application at all. Says a lot and a company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Games Workshop

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Games Workshop

Interview

I was called for a video interview pretty quickly after submitting the application. I made it through two rounds. The first round was a simple 1 on 1 video call with general personality questions and more information on the position itself. The second round, a supervisor joined the interview who did most of the interviewing. It was a more in-depth look at the position and particularly how I planned on succeeding in the position.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Games Workshop

Application

I interviewed at Games Workshop

Interview

Scripted but informative and friendly. Very fast follow up after application. Stick to the job posting. It seemed as if that was the only thing that mattered. Dont expect to get help finding the best role for you. They expect you to know which role is the best for you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Games Workshop

Application

I interviewed at Games Workshop

Interview

entrevista telemática en la que ponían a prueba mis conocimientos sobre el hobby y tanteaban mis reacciones ante diferentes situaciones del puesto. valoran que tengas manejo en el departamento de ventas y seas capaz de tratar con los clientes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Games Workshop (Memphis, TN) in Jan 2021

Interview

First call consisted of a brief pre-screening based on resume/application letter. Second call was an in depth, nearly hour long phone conversation, consisting of typical run of the mill interview script questions.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you think you would be good at this job? Describe a time where you have not succeeded? Describe the most challenging undertaking you've done at a job?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews