General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2019

2.2

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Arlington, VA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very personal. I met directly with the person who would have been my manager, as well as her manager. Everyone was very honest and straightforward about the company's expectations, the skills required to do the job, the position responsibilities, the salary, etc. They were open to discussing compensation options as well. The interviewers asked specific questions regarding my experience doing exactly what I would be expected to do at General Dynamics, which was a true test of my knowledge and experience (rather than your typical "what's your biggest weakness" type questions). It was a refreshing interview, somewhat challenging, but it felt tailored to the position and the time spent answering direct questions seemed very worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through the process from receipt of an RFP to signature of the contract.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience operating in an audit-ready environment and the procedures in place to ensure compliance.   Answer Question

I originally accepted an offer, but my current company counter-offered a promotion to a position in a location that was more desirable.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Tacoma, WA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

long and slow, hiring process, takes forever to get laptop and cell phone

Interview Questions

• No training was made available, had to set up new process, for managing work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Market Lead had tears in his eyes,

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (California, MD (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had an initial phone interview, was asked to come in the following week for a face to face interview. Normal behavioral and past experience questions. Took 2-3 weeks after the final interview to get an offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD (US)

Interview

I had been contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview onsite at the Towson branch. Upon arrival I was asked for wait at the front area by the receptionist. Not a big deal but they did not offer a drink and my wait was over 25 minutes. I was taken to a small room with 3 people. All of them were very unfriendly from the start. They began to ask me questions from a sheet of paper and argued against every answer I gave. Even ones that were clearly correct the interviewers kept pressuring me about my answer. I could not figure out why they were so rude and condescending or what their agenda was. They would not look at me, only look at each other as if they were all getting a laugh out of bullying me. It was by far the worst interview I have had. I still remained professional the entire time and even sent a thank you letter. However, it has been over a month and they never wrote back or informed me about the job. I am sure I did not get the job, but most certainly would have declined.

Associate Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a freestyle of what I know within my job title rather than asking specific questions. Before that, the project manager interviewed me and asked questions about my history personality wise and school

Interview Questions

• What do you know about "so-and-so"   1 Answer

Associate Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2013.

Interview

Review of professional experience. How your experience would apply to the current role?

Straight-forward and brief summary on the company and office environment.

Question portion towards the end. Questions were thoroughly answered.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourelf in 5 years?

How did you hear about us?

Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Junior Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fort Detrick, MD (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for interview, 1st interview went great and they invited to me second interview which went well, they said I was up against one other person. Then I never heard back and went on the website to see that I was "no longer under consideration". They could at least contact you to let you know the outcome

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job opening and the following week I was there for an interview. The recruiter said I was only meeting with 1 person when I was actually meeting with three who all came into the room at different times. We sat in the conference room while they drilled me with questions on SQL, GREP commands, and very vaguely based OOP questions. It was like walking into a lion's den. It was the worst interview experience of my life 60% because I sucked 40% because they sucked. I felt extremely uncomfortable as soon as I stepped into the room.

Interview Questions

• What objects would you create if you were writing a code about a deck of cards?   1 Answer
    • What is an abstract class?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

They contacted me through email and offered me an interview for a position and top secret clearance sponsorship. I responded and after one phone session providing basic information, I had a java prescreening exam. I did not pass this exam.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits and negatives of using recursive programming?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Two-person panel that interviewed me. Seemed to focus on questions about Java and various Web Technologies. I've had harder interviews. No coding questions were asked of me nor others I spoke to at my site.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a overriding a method and overloading a method?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a singleton?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me the different types of databases? Difference between Relational and XML database?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation although in retrospect I probably could have. Seemed pretty rigid with their salary offer and hadn't even asked me a range before the offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.