Grand Circle Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grand Circle Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Circle Travel

3.1

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel in September 2018.

Interview

They went over your resume and asked very specific questions that made you felt very uncomfortable provided that it is only an entry level position. At the end of the call, they lost interest in me and ended the call without letting me know when I will hear back.

Web Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (South Boston, MA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Oh my god- run! Group interview. They evaluate you in front of your peers. They will ask you all sorts of questions about yourself, and the company. Do your homework. Then you drop an egg.

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very focused on values. I didn't really have a problem with it but it might not be right for everyone. I really think reading the book "Driving with no breaks" is the best way to get an idea of what to expect.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a crisis situation?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel in June 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional and didn't make sense.
    I applied online and they called me directly to schedule a time for a phone interview. They told me there would be a confirmation email including the details, but I never got any. Then they called me, asked me a couple of questions. Nothing related to my experience. They mainly introduced you about the company's culture and their 6 core values and asked you about your opinion of those six one by one. Then they told me to wait for a call in 48 hours. It was Wednesday and they got back to me on Monday or Tuesday to schedule another phone interview with their analyst. I told her I would be available from 3 - 5 next day. The recruiter told me she would go confirm with their analyst then told me the exact time by email. NO EMAIL AGAIN!!!!! The most UNPROFESSIONAL company I've ever seen!!!!! Then the next day, the analyst called me out of the blue around 2:15. I told her I was driving, it would be nice it she could call me in half an hour. She told me she'll have the recruiter reschedule. Then the recruiter emailed me later telling me they've already found someone. That was the only email I've ever received from this unbelievably unprofessional company.

By the way, the pay is very very very low.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position through a recruiter. I had a 20 minute phone screen with a woman in HR. She explained that Grand Circle bases its hiring decisions mostly on whether or not the candidate fits in with the company values, and less on whether or not they have the required skill set. I went in for an in-person interview the next week. The other reviews on Glassdoor are accurate- there is a group interview where you interview with a group of other candidates who are there for different positions. They have you complete the egg drop exercise and work through a case study, and they talk quite a bit about their values and how the company makes decisions. After the group interview, they bring everyone back to the waiting room and call you out one by one to the next round. I believe almost everyone in my group passed the group interview, but you can be asked to leave if you do not. The interview for the actual position was fairly standard. I met with 5 or 6 people in groups of 2. The whole process went from 8:30-12.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply
    Within a few days you'll get an email from HR for a convenient time to speak
    Then there will be a small phone call / scree
    It's not really an interview - just a friendly call about the role and company.

Interview Questions

• - Simple call, asking about your skills and fit for job.   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Philippe after sending in my resume. A phone interview was scheduled and included basic questions regarding my experience and work history. He then invited me to join a group interview prior to any one-on-one interview This was the first time I came across this and was hesitant. On the day of the interview myself and 3 others (applying for different positions) met in a circle with two employees conducting the interview. It was basically an experiment of who knew every little detail about the company. They expected us to know all 6 core values and it was a game of who could control the conversation to impress them. I was turned off at their unconventional hiring process.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by group interview in the office, followed by interview with the Managers.
    Had group interview with people applying for various positions. Company looked at how well you work as a team. Had to handle difficult situations, and then secure a raw egg with straws and drop it standing on a chair, making sure it does not break.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was easy and the recruiter was very professional. I had 3 interviews over the phone. The actual interview to offer period was quite fast compared to a lot of other companies.

Interview Questions

• If a client from LA was concerned about the flight time to Sydney, what would you suggest?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand Circle Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Had to play with eggs and straws. The intention was to see how you work together in teams and how well you provide feedback. Basically, if you're not perfectly square it was an easy fit unless you were going for finance department.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your team's effort?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.