Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 19 Nov 2017

2.7

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with a greeter while waiting for the interviewer and discussed any questions I had about the program. When we finished, she brought me back to the interviewer. The interviewer was very nice and made the interview conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge or obstacle in your work   Answer Question
    • Why accounting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and things weren't going well. What did you do to overcome that and what role did you play?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

On campus interviews that were stacked on each other. That was nice to have to work around school schedule. Questions were speedy and robotic. Hardly looked up to look at me, even when the interviewer asked a question.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Very chill, some behavioral questions but mostly conversational. Spent like half the time talking about my hobbies and the other half the interviewer talked about her own career and how she got to her position

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

I applied through our accounting fair and campus career website. They had a pre-interview night the day before the interview. I showed up, ate their food, and asked questions. The next day we had two 30 min. interviews with a partner and a manager. They asked mostly behavioral questions and were really looking for people who could work in a team.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Good experience. People where very polite. They talked about the firm and what they do. After that, they then asked questions. At the end they gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions.   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I received an interview after attending a career fair with Grant Thornton. Pretty easy and laid back process with 1 on campus interview followed up by two on site interviews.

Intern Interview

Interview

Two, back-to-back, 30-minute interviews. Both were behavioral. The interviewers were very kind and were curious about my background and my interests. The first interviewer and I talked through my resume. The second interviewer and I talked about prospective work in the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly. It was a two part interview. The first was laid back, the second the interviewer wanted you to lead the entire interview which would have been great if you hadn't asked all your questions in the first interview so definitely research the company and have a lot of questions prepared.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Luis Obispo, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with members of Grant Thornton's Audit team. Very conversational, really just looking to see that they would enjoy working with you. nothing technical, GT is very focused on the character and ability to work in team environment. Very friendly interviewers

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton?
      Why Audit?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have any experience in a mentor or teaching role?
      Tell me about some projects that have given you exposure to Accounting.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school and had two 30 minute interviews on campus. After that there's a second round of interviews at the office. After the second round, you either get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.