Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2018

2.7

Account Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Multiple phone and in-person interviews. After dragging out the process out for five months, and after a final round interview with five stakeholders, I received no response or update of any type from HR or the hiring manager. They spoke a great deal about their wonderful culture, however in my experience their treatment of me as a candidate speaks volumes over the rhetoric.

Interview Questions

• Exactly how would I help them with business development? This is not part of the role. Many other questions were asked, fishing for my ideas and taking notes.   Answer Question

Senior Level Position Interview

Interview

I had a screening phone interview and have since gotten the run around from the recruiter. Very disappointed and discouraged about GT at this point for lack of follow through.

Senior Auditor Interview

Interview

The process was fast and efficient. They asked pointed questions. I was kept informed of status throughout the process. I would recommend Grant Thornton as a good company to interview with.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Hamden, CT (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall disappointed. I know people who have gotten into the program with less qualifications than me. I'm a personable person, and the back-to-back interviews with the recruiter and a partner went well. It was essentially a conversation between us that flowed seamlessly, both seemed like they had a good time, and I was shocked when I didn't receive an invitation to the program.

Not sure much else I could say. It's a summer program, and when I'm interviewing for the big-4 and already gotten to later rounds for other firms, it's probably because they didn't like me.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

There were several recruiting events with a more casual feel and fun atmosphere followed by a more formal interview process. There were a lot of lunches and dinners. I got to meet the people I would be working closely with as opposed to just HR personnel.

Data Analytics Consultant Federal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a series of phone conversations with an HR recruiter. I went in several weeks later for an in person interview with 2 managers in the Federal practice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't agree with your boss's approach to something. What was the resolution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't agree with a coworker. What was the resolution?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Notre Dame, IN (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was 2 30 min behavioral interviews with a manager and a partner. It was a typical behavioral interview. Most of the interview was behavioral questions rather than going over my resume. There was also a decent amount of time for me to ask my own questions. The interviewers were nice and tried to put my at ease.

Interview Questions

• What are the goals you set for yourself this year and did you achieve them/ how?   Answer Question
    • What are your new goals for this year?   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

There was an orientation session about the company. The the hiring process started.
    Firstly Group Discussion, then H R Round, then the Technical Interview Round and then Personal Interview with Partner

Forensic Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Arlington, VA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I have interviewed with all four Big 4 firms and a number of other accounting/financial firms.... NO FIRM even came close to Grant Thornton in these areas: 1) Friendliness from top to bottom 2) Timeliness - process was all completed in less than 2 weeks from first contact to receiving an offer 3) Professionalism - everyone knew their stuff and did not treat you like some clueless college kid and 4) the "IT" factor - you either have it and know what it is or you don't. GT has IT!

Interview Questions

• What are some skills my internship/school has taught me that will translate to a career in forensic accounting?   Answer Question
    • Why forensic accounting?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online and a recruiter reached out to me within a week an a half. The recruiter conducted an initial phone screen the same week. She let me know that the team was interested in meeting with me the very same day. I was then scheduled to speak to two managers from the practice on the following week. Within a day or two of completing these interviews, the recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview with a Sr. Manager in the practice the following week. I was informed via email that my interviewer had positive feedback and them an interview with a practice director was scheduled for later that week. The day before the interview with the director the recruiter contacted me to schedule my final in-person interview with the Managing Director of the practice for the following week. Both of the interviews went well and before I left the in-person interview with the Managing Director, he offered me the role then and there. The whole process took approximately 6 weeks from Application to receiving the official written offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were behavioral in nature and focused on past examples of specific organizational competencies. Each interviewer seemed to be focusing on a different set of competencies.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.