Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2017

2.7

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. I was asked to describe my most recent job experiences on my resume. Based on my descriptions I would be asked behavioral questions. One example is, "During your time in this position, did you ever make any mistakes?" I explained a scenario where I made a mistake, but I also explained how I worked to resolve it. The interview really seemed like a conversation more than a forced interview. However, it was only a behavioral interview and was not technical

Interview Questions

• What skills did you acquire during your previous internship?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for a marketing position that required several more years of experience that I didn't have but I thought it would be worth a shot to apply anyways. The recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen interview and invited me to a 1.5 hour on-site interview at the very end of the phone call. I had a pleasant discussion with 2 people - the hiring manager and 1 was someone I would work with. Hiring manager mentioned that there would be a 2nd on-site if I was selected to move forward. Recruiter said she would follow-up after the interview and never did.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Pretty easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school. No questions were too difficult but it was fun too.

Interview Questions

• easy, mostly relational questions. I did not come across any questions that were too difficult as they understood that most applicants were right out of school.   1 Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was long due to the unavailability of interviewers. Overall experience of the interview was positive. Interesting insight was provided into the work environment, specifics of the position and details of job responsibilities. Interviewers happily shared their reasons to consider the company and their experiences of acclimatization.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult situation I had to overcome?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR. The beginning of the conversation went well when discussing my background and experience but once we discussed salary requirements the conversation was cut short. I had mentioned to HR that the salary was low compared to the market average for this type of position and she ended the conversation there. I did not even get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you face certain challenges coming into a new position?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

An office visit to the company. The staff talked to the whole group invited from my school. They talked about their company culture and working environment. They showed us around.

Interview Questions

• What will your last meal be?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

-Went to Meet the Firms and spoke to several employees
    -Applied online at GT's website and on campus job board
    -Got the Interview
    -Went to pre interview social with everyone
    - Had conversational interview for about an hour.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn regarding an opening with Grant Thornton. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter that went well. I then did a phone interview with the overall program director that also went well. My third interview was with the person who I would have directly reported to. I was told that following that interview, I would be invited to meet with leadership and executives in person as well as some additional team members. After a somewhat lengthy phone interview process, I was never contacted again. After two attempts to reach the recruiter who sourced me, I gave up trying to touch base. I was really disappointed that I never received any more communication from the company letting me know why I was not selected to go any further in the process.

Interview Questions

Grant Thornton Response

12 Jun 2017 – People & Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Grant Thornton. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We value your opinion and will use this feedback to consider... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter which lasted for about 30 minutes. then a followup interview with the hiring manager. People were very nice during the entire hiring and interview process.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. It was the quickest interview of my life, he only asked me five questions and then asked if I had any questions for him. It lasted less than 20 minutes total. The questions were generally to be expected ("what have been your favorite classes?" "where do you see yourself in x years?") and then a couple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were working with a group and it wasn't going well. What role did you play in that situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.