Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Dec 2018

2.7

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The Director who interviewed me had no idea what he was doing. When I interviewed by manager who sits in California, it was obvious that she was clueless too.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a paralegal?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Normally a recruiter will contact you. Referral is the best way. The interview process entails a meeting with a Manager and a Partner. The interview process can take up to 2 hours. Grant Thornton looks for motivated individuals with the right attitude. As long as you can display those qualities, the skillset and past experience can be worked with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Will sometimes ask you a question in regards to particular skills and experience that you might not have experience in. They want to see how confident you are in answering the question and your honesty. Not knowing is not a negative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All negotiations are dealt through the recruiter. Although they compensate well for your experience, they will not budge too much on there final offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Campus interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you realized you made a mistake and had to correct it. How did you handle it and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent. Take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

Interview

Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Williamsburg, VA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I scheduled the interview through campus recruiting, and I had two 30-minute interviews. Both interviewers really tried to make the process more conversational, and the questions were mostly behavioral. They ask about your interests, why you think you suit the position, etc. They were very friendly and courteous, and all of the employees seemed to have good relationships with one another.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in-person interview with two managers and a senior associate. The process was quick; both interviews were within a week. There were no case-studies or presentations required.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Not overly difficult. If you've been selected to interview you know that you at least meet the strict requirements for employment. Usually the interview consists of three separate interviews with manager to partner level employees at the firm. They ask general questions provided by human resources and are free to mix in questions of their own. Overall, the interview process was daunting at first, but ended up being rather easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team environment. How did manage the expectations of the group?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Alexandria, VA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed right out of college. Behavioral, technical, and happy hour interview. Don't be fooled, the happy hour is an interview. Partners and other interviewers were fairly casual, and made me feel at ease. Relative to big four interviews, Grant Thornton's was much less nerve wracking. I did not feel like I was being challenged.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.