Great Ormond Street Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Ormond Street Hospital

Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Interview invite was received 6 weeks after application, interview took place a week after invite. Two senior staff members on the interview panel. Was done via Zoom. Overall quite chilled, not too scary. Feedback was provided when the outcome was told via call.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself, and what you can bring to this role.
    Answer Question
  • Visual pipette test. Tell us what volume the pipette is showing (Photos shown)
  • If you made a mistake, what would you do?
  • The parent of a patient calls you regarding a result, what would you do?
  • How do you process leaking samples?
  • What do you understanding by quality?
  • Who is responsible for H&S in the lab?
  • How to reduce contamination between samples during processing?
  • Why is equality and diversity important?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

3 panelist asking questions asking what wards I would like to work on and when I’m likely to qualify. Why I wanted to be a nurse. Clinical questions around being a newly qualified nurse

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your nurse in charge asks you to move wards

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied via health jobs, and was invited to interview a couple of weeks later. The interview was conducted over Zoom due to pandemic. Was interviewed by a panel of three who were professional and friendly, but the questions were quite difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital

Interview

Friendly interviewers, made me feel at ease. Had to describe the hospitals values and explain my education/employment history in more detail. Interviewed in the HR building, which was really nice as it had clearly been newly refurbished.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England, England)

Interview

It took a very long time to be shortlisted and was not informed that I didnt get the job When I requested for a feedback it took almost 2 weeks to get back to give a feedback. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital in Apr 2020

Interview

I applied online through the NHS website then I got the interview invitation in about two weeks. The interview was made up by a 30-min written test and 30-min panel interview. The interview was held via a video conference link due to the outbreak of COVID-19.

Interview Questions
  • The written test was about data analysis based on a complex Excel file also some questions about SQL

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital in Mar 2020

Interview

I applied online through NHS,got invite for interview on zoom. It was a panel interview.I didn't do well,because I was nervous and it was my first interview with NHS.I wrote a mail to them requesting to know why I wasn't successful,but they didn't respond.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, they also asked me to identify some specimen

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital in Feb 2020

Interview

Very efficient and made the whole process laid back. Would defo recommend applying for a role within GOSH. People seem nice and it's a great place to work given the recruitment process I went through.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England, England)

Interview

The process took a month to complete, and included an initial literacy/numeracy and IT test before a second-stage panel interview. The panel who interviewed me were friendly and welcoming, and chatted informally before commencing the interview. Previous advice given to me by past applicants was to engage with the informal discussion, because doing so greatly impresses the interviewers and gives them a good impression of you as a person. I was told by the interviewers and past applicants that roles at GOSH are highly competitive (over 100 applied for the role I interviewed for), and employees remain very loyal to the Trust. HR also try to process ID checks and references within 15 working days, with a start-date not being set until these are completed.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a difficult situation involving a patient/colleague?
  • Tell us about a time when you have worked in a team?
  • How do you prioritise your workload to ensure tasks are completed to designated deadlines?
  • Tell us about a time when you provided excellent care to a service user?
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

Interviewed by 5 senior managers on a range of topics related to quality, performance and project management and then this was followed up by a meeting with the Board, which I was not made aware was part of the recruitment process. They said you have been successful after the interview, but after meeting the Board I was told that there is no point in working for an organisation if "they don't like you". I was shocked, but not surprised as being from a BAME group I have experienced racism in the NHS for some time, but never in this way.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at GOSH?
  • What is your relevant background?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews