Great Ormond Street Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Great Ormond Street Hospital Interview Questions

Updated 4 Dec 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Interview

Overall a really nice assessment day, lasts about 5 hours.

Online application- through NHS jobs.

Assessment day comprised of group activity, numeracy and literacy test and interview with two band sevens/eight

Organisation is good, staff are lovely and they are quick to get back to you with your result!

Governance and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

First stage - CV application was chosen and an interview was arranged.

Second stage - Attending the interview. Interview was with 3 people that dealt with the different aspects of the department.
    There were no tests required. It was quite an approachable interview.

Third stage - Wait to here if you received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Biomedical Scientist - Histopathology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England).

Interview

post Registrations Interview
    The interview process starts with an Ice breaker, tell us what you did since leaving UNI.
    Then some technical questions such as what does a particular antibody stain or what stain would you use to identify a structure.
    Obvious Health and safety questions such as what to do with a spillage? what do you do you when you have come across something you don't know what to do with? What to do when a dr messes up something?
    then the ISO 15189 questions , what do you know about it, its applications..etc. not expecting you to be an examiner for the ISO, just general awareness of it to show that you will be an effective member of the lab and will play your part it maintaining its compliances (that could form your answer)
    then a written test, you will have 20 slides to go through and identify structure, stain and quality issues, further what stain will you use for the identifying of certain structures.
    If lucky a tour around the lab

Interview Questions

• ISO 15189 questions , what do you know about it, its applications..etc.   1 Answer

Medical Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was simple as I applied internally so it didn't take long however I did feel when it came time for the face-to-face interview, I was being scrutinised with many questions that they knew I did not know the answer to as I was jumping from a heavy admin-based position. They exchanged many looks that genuinely had me squirming in my seat. I would recommend they do better in this.

Nurse Bob Interview

Interview

The experience was really bad because there was no experience of the behalf of the interviewer and questions mostly focused in general competencies of completion. Overall questions focused on knowledge of first aid as well as the use of paramedic honey tape.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if an infected patient came to the hospital without paperwork?   Answer Question

Clinicians Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Ormond Street Hospital (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Made my application in November 4th 2015 via the NHS website. I put a lot of thought through the personal statement section which is fundamentally the most important bit. Took me roughly an hour but if you can easily do it in 30 minutes. I got a NHS text message on the 26th November (prob the week after the closing date of apps) saying I made it through the interview stage. I replied on the NHS website to accept the interview date on the 4th December. At first I couldn't get time off work and the lead Nurse was really nice and offered me a different date but finally my manager authorised my time off so I went on the 4th.

Went in there at 9am. It was a full day group assessment with 5 other people. We did a 20 minute maths test and 20 minutes English test. All relatively easy at GCSE level (but saying that I did get an two A's in both subjects at GCSE level). If you fail you do not go to interviews.

Following this we had a group conversation of "what will you do if...." "what is the best solution to resolve conflicts..." those types of questions. I think they just want to get to know you a bit more but there is no failing or passes, everyone at this stage is having an individual interview. This group chat lasted 3 minutes per two questions. If you have someone in your group that talks a lot then this will obviously last longer.

Finally, we all get our interview timings (I was last)! Interviews were 15mins each. So for 5 people I had to wait an 1hr15mins for my turn.

They called me up 3 days later (Interview was on Friday, they called me Monday morning) to let me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me 5 simple questions. Scenario based questions, 'what will you do if..' Predominately it was all based on my previous work experience. It does not have to relate to child care. Questions like how do you cope under pressure or remain calm you can use any aspects to previous work.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.