Guardian News & Media Interview Questions

Updated 11 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Guardian News & Media

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 46 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (United Kingdom)

Interview

A group interview with a panel of interviewers, then a test to come up with features ideas based around the last 24 hours news cycle to be discussed as a group

Interview Questions
  • A story from before you were born that you wish you could’ve covered as a journalist
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

The process began with a brief discussion with the HR contact. I had a 30 minute interview with a senior product manager around a week later. The interviewer seemed nervous and was lacking energy. During this call I was told I would be contacted with feedback shortly. They never bothered to get back to me. I didn't waste my time following up. Based on this experience I wouldn't apply to work here again.

Interview Questions
Guardian News & Media
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England)

Interview

Received an email to say I was shortlisted, after that they went silent. When I asked if the process was still running they said I didn't make the shortlist. Poor communication, very opaque and unreliable.

Interview Questions
Guardian News & Media
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (United Kingdom)

Interview

They have a telephonic screening. It is followed by Skype video interview by 2 of their managers and finally a one to one. The final round is a managerial one with situational questions.

Interview Questions
Guardian News & Media
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (United Kingdom) in Sep 2019

Interview

They were 10mins late, no apology. Check list of questions, not really interested in my progress and didn't even ask what I knew about the company. They weren't interest in providing training just looking for a perfect match to do the role.

Interview Questions
Guardian News & Media
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

It was a group interview, friendly, and quite fun. There were breaks for networking, and various group tasks to check teamwork and things. The company was very open and nice and allowed everyone to participate well.

Interview Questions
  • Choose a moment in history which you would travel to if you had a time machine, and why?
Anonymous Employee in London, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England)

Interview

I interviewed for a short term contract role. The interviewers were really nice and welcoming. They started by giving me an overview of the role and then went on to asking me questions about my previous experience

Interview Questions
Guardian News & Media
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

It began with a phone interview which went very well, basic questions about previous experience and other easier technical questions. I was given a "pair" programming exercise and an exercise to complete at home. The exercise was then a point of discussion in the office before the "pair" programming exercise. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, I had a great chat with the interviewers. I say "pair" as it really wasn't pair programming as you would expect but definitely more of a supervised programming exercise. It could be considered a difficult task by some. You are driving the entire hour and are expected to create it with little input.

Interview Questions
  • Specific question to my exercise relating to why I imported a package
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Phone Interview - Friendly, but very technical - were not interested in my CV at all really. I guess they wanted to filter people out at an early stage. Pair-Programming Interview - Pretty disastrous and awkward. I asked to do PHP, but my other peer did not know it and kept referring to how it would be done in Javascript instead Face-to-Face - Lovely interview, with friendly and creative questions. Such a shame they never responded with any feedback... I took a whole day off work to travel up and come to see these guys

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you were create a CMS for journalists, programmers and editors
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in Aug 2018

Interview

Had a call and was invited to a f2f interview that week. Despite getting a face to face interview never heard back despite spending a reasonable amount of money to attend the interview at short notice and having to take annual leave, abysmal treatment of candidates. It takes 2 seconds to say sorry you weren't successful. Would not interview here again if this is considered professional behaviour. Chased HR twice and then gave up, perhaps they should think about hiring some new HR staff...

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Interviews