Guardian News & Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Guardian News & Media Interview Questions

Updated 6 Jun 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media in September 2015.

Interview

So far just a phone interview, but she was very nice and eager to have me come in for an in-person interview. She asked about my experience and interest in the company and also told me briefly about the job description, growth potential and training opportunities, since this will be an entry-level role for me.

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, KY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions about experience, where you would like to go in the future and what if scenarios. Generally laid back but kept it's serious nature. A good, overall interview with good interviwers

Interview Questions

• If you could invite 5 guests to a party, who would they be?   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

A brief interview with two head of's who are leading Data Engineering and Research, in lieu of Head of Analytics which has not been hired yet.
    They adjusted the Job Description days before my interview, so was a large pivot towards management experience.

Analytics questions were quite simple at this stage, some basic SQL questions, and some intermediate digital analytics/media questions.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview which was extremely short and covered only the basic screening questions. This was followed approx 1 week later by a 2 on 1 interview with members of the team. This was more in depth but was not overly difficult. I enjoyed the process and would recommend people apply here as it was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of evaluating data   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media in September 2016.

Interview

One face to face interview with two people, was very friendly and relaxed, was more of a chat than a formal interview. However was quite disappointed with the recruitment, despite being assured I would hear back the same day with feedback as they wanted to wrap things up within the week, a week and a half later I still have not heard anything despite having sent an email. This put a negative spin on the overall experience, the sheer lack of follow up.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Interview

Straight from telephone interview to pairing test which was a bit odd. Companies would usually want a F2F interview but the Guardian seemed happy with just telephone then invited me in for pairing. If you're a developer it's worth noting they use Scala, and they're good at Scala. Don't think you can just do a couple of tutorials and then rock up to the coding test expecting to blag Scala, you'll mess it up like I did ;)

Also they don't seem to like chatting, they want you to turn up, do it quickly, then let them do the talking.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call followed by pair programming followed by a chat with some developers (on separate days).

After being told that I would get a reply within 4-5 days, I chased a few weeks later and was told that although I was an "excellent" candidate, the position had been closed due to a restructure.

Interview Questions

• Explain the entire process of an HTTP request.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media in March 2017.

Interview

Great communication from application through till second stage interview. After the second stage I did not even receive a courtesy update or note to advise of feedback...
    Quite disappointing considering the stature of the organization.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Interview

I applied via the online form and then was informed about two to three in fact maybe four or five weeks later that I would have a telephone interview. The line was really bad, but I could just about hear them. There were two people on the line - the interviewer and a recent graduate employee. There was plenty of opportunity to ask questions and I promptly received feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked together on a technical project with someone. What did you disagree on and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me after a week to schedule a phone interview. I had a very friendly discussion with 2 of their employees. They asked me about my projects and basic oop questions. They also told me the dates of the assessment center in case I pass the interview and when I will hear back from them. In 2 weeks I got a mail that confirmed that I have passed to the next stage. I was invited to London. The only negative part for me was that they had only payed a small part my travel expenses (and I traveled from the other part of the continent). I decided to pay myself because I liked our phone discussion and felt like something good could come out of this. I wasn't disappointed. I had my assessment center in a Monday afternoon, I met the team, had some friendly talks, I had to code with one of the employees (you get to choose your programming language) and I had another interview about my past experience. Everybody was extremely nice and they exceeded my expectations. I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Write an alghorithm for Game of life.   Answer Question
    • A lot of questions about past projects and how I managed the team and my time.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.