Guardian News & Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Guardian News & Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Guardian News & Media

2.7

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, KY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions about experience, where you would like to go in the future and what if scenarios. Generally laid back but kept it's serious nature. A good, overall interview with good interviwers

Interview Questions

• If you could invite 5 guests to a party, who would they be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media in September 2015.

Interview

So far just a phone interview, but she was very nice and eager to have me come in for an in-person interview. She asked about my experience and interest in the company and also told me briefly about the job description, growth potential and training opportunities, since this will be an entry-level role for me.

Analyst Interview

Interview

They have a telephonic screening. It is followed by Skype video interview by 2 of their managers and finally a one to one.
    The final round is a managerial one with situational questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media in September 2019.

Interview

They were 10mins late, no apology. Check list of questions, not really interested in my progress and didn't even ask what I knew about the company. They weren't interest in providing training just looking for a perfect match to do the role.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England).

Interview

I interviewed for a short term contract role. The interviewers were really nice and welcoming. They started by giving me an overview of the role and then went on to asking me questions about my previous experience

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

It began with a phone interview which went very well, basic questions about previous experience and other easier technical questions. I was given a "pair" programming exercise and an exercise to complete at home. The exercise was then a point of discussion in the office before the "pair" programming exercise. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, I had a great chat with the interviewers.

I say "pair" as it really wasn't pair programming as you would expect but definitely more of a supervised programming exercise. It could be considered a difficult task by some. You are driving the entire hour and are expected to create it with little input.

Interview Questions

• Specific question to my exercise relating to why I imported a package   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview - Friendly, but very technical - were not interested in my CV at all really. I guess they wanted to filter people out at an early stage.
    Pair-Programming Interview - Pretty disastrous and awkward. I asked to do PHP, but my other peer did not know it and kept referring to how it would be done in Javascript instead
    Face-to-Face - Lovely interview, with friendly and creative questions.

Such a shame they never responded with any feedback... I took a whole day off work to travel up and come to see these guys

Interview Questions

• Describe how you were create a CMS for journalists, programmers and editors   1 Answer

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Had a call and was invited to a f2f interview that week. Despite getting a face to face interview never heard back despite spending a reasonable amount of money to attend the interview at short notice and having to take annual leave, abysmal treatment of candidates. It takes 2 seconds to say sorry you weren't successful. Would not interview here again if this is considered professional behaviour. Chased HR twice and then gave up, perhaps they should think about hiring some new HR staff...

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview which lasted about an hour with member of the infosec team. Telephone interview went well, general questions and competency. Then had a face to face, which I think was a poorly arranged interview from experience of attending many in my career. Interviewer seemed like they were only interested in the people who come from a media background as there were specific questions relating to tools etc which anyone who does not have this background will unable to answer. I didn't hear back after a number of weeks before I reached out to ask what was happening, was told have been unsucesful when asked for feedback, didn't get any further emails back. Guardian need to understand that lots of people prepare a lot for these interviews and to just throw someone out like that and not even make any further contact is disrespectful.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian News & Media (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

An initial phone chat checking my eligibility for the role. The first interview was about 50 minutes long, and was a chance for me and the two interviewers to get to know each other. In the second interview, I gave a presentation on a pre-defined task to two people from the team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.