HM Land Registry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at HM Land Registry

HEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at HM Land Registry (London, England).

Interview

For people who are meant to put participants at ease in order to elicit good responses as their day job they failed completely!
    The interview process was chaired by a woman clearly only appointed due to typical civil service box ticking exercises being of various minorities. Her approach was abrupt and seemed a nightmare to alongside. When I asked her basic questions she fumbled and was uncertain how to answer the question so directed it back to me. For someone who is meant to the lead of the division I felt she not knowledgeable nor capable.
    They should have kept an eye on the interview and were charged with timekeeping without blaming the candidate. Another interviewer kept interrupting me as I was giving my answer and it would have been more sensible for the candidate to be given the opportunity to talk and then for the interview to ask further follow up questions where appropriate.

Does not seem like a nice inclusive workplace which wishes to empower their employees.

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HM Land Registry (Telford, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview. Online test which if you pass, you then apply for the job. Interview in person is again compentecy based and is structured around the framework they send out to you - do your homework! this is then scored and job was offered.

Interview Questions

• "give us an example of a time you made a decision under pressure"   1 Answer

A Mangerial Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HM Land Registry.

Interview

Very Opaque process, even though they score feedback on interview competency questionnaire. You don't know who is going to interview, and you will be surprised at what they want.

A surprise task, prepare a 10 minute presentation in 30 mins covering 4 main areas. At the beginning the secretary asks whether or not you have your presentation ready, but they failed to communicate this in the interview pack (red flag, why would they do this????)

Approach, key analysis, recommendation and plan. The scope appears to be very broad. (second red flag... A strategic approach is not welcome at this stage). Going over the allotted time is a big red mark....

A panel interview, one director , head of department and another "stakeholder", 6 competency questions, 2 per panel member.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to developing relationships

Describe a time where you added value.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.