Halifax Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Halifax Banking

2.6

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (Halifax, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Online application through umbrella group lloyds website then called for interview. The interview was made up of initial talk through of cv explaining each role demon's rating transferable skills. Then presentation on a challenger brand followed by competency questions using clear examples. Interview was hour and half.
    There is only to be one stage.
    process is very slow as all interviews happening over a number of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Judgement
      think of a time you had to make a decision not popular with team how did you deliver news? How did you work through the negative comments or people?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (London, England) in June 2008.

Interview

Done roleplay, then interview

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halifax Banking in April 2018.

Interview

Told to bring ID and current proof of address. Was interviewed by Branch Manager. Interview took place for about an hour. Manager asked competency based questions, and wrote then down as I answered.

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in May 2015.

Interview

Walk around building, they show you where you will be working and where you have lunches.
    Role play, so they can show you what you will be doing on a day to day basis
    30 min interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (Newcastle, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with the manager of a local branch, it was very informal and I was instantly put at ease by how friendly she was. A few quick general questions about me and my experience etc. followed by competency based questions, and then a chance to ask your own questions at the end. Pretty standard really, but the interviewer was really enthusiastic and it felt more like a chat than an interview. She said she'd be in contact within a week to let me know the outcome, so assumed I hadn't got it when I didn't hear in that time, but got the call about another week later to offer me a position.

Anonymous Employee in West Bromwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (West Bromwich, England) in July 2018.

Interview

The overall process took 4-5 weeks. I applied online and completed 3 online tests. After a couple of weeks I received an email saying that I have been invited to an interview. I received a call saying that I will be interviewed at the West Bromwich branch. I attended the interview 3 days later and had smart attire on. I reached there 10 minutes early. A lady invited me into the interview room and she was very kind and polite. She was very chilled and she made me feel very welcome. She mainly asked about my experience in customer service and about my travel arrangements to and from work. The interview lasted 10-15 minutes total. At the end she told me that she would contact me in a couple of days to let me know if I have been successful. A week went past and she rang to let me know I had been successful. The interview was great and the hospitality was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halifax Banking in May 2018.

Interview

Very friendly face to face interview, the lady made a point of saying it was informal and if I needed to pause at any point that it would be fine. A lot of questions, very repetitive, and quite difficult if you don’t have a boat load of experience. They look for enthusiasm and a can do attitude more than anything, regardless if your answers to the questions weren’t the best!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you have provided support for somebody. (In a one on one situation or group)   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

Met with Operations Director and Human Resource Manager. The process was straight forward enough. Had a phone screening and then had some in person interviews. No testing was required at the time

Customer Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 parts assessment: a group project,role play and the interview itself.It lasted for about 3 hours and it was quite intense.For the group project we were asked to come up with ideas as to how to improve the customer reviews of a travel agency.For the role play the applicant was an employee of a phone shop and the assesor was a client;word of advice for whom ever has a similar assessment is be creative and build a good rapport with the client.The interview was pretty standard,it emphasise more on personal experiences

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were part of a successful team?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Halifax Banking (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Steps are as follow:
    1. Online Application, where you fill out all personal details plus include CV

2. Online Tests, Containing Three Types,
            ()Maths Test-Answering questions where you would have to find the missing number from a question etc.
           ()Situation Based test, where they see if you have the same values as the business.
           ()A test where you have to find the same sequence of letters and numbers but in a different order to the phrase.

3. If You pass the test and any other checks they do, you get a notification of when your interview is, i was told that this could be a Telephone, Group or a 1t1 interview. however i only had a one to one interview.

4. You receive a call telling you if you got the job or not. and next steps.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where do you see yourself in 5 Years?
      2. Tell me a time when you showed leadership?
      3.What can you tell me about yourself?
      4.Why do you want to work here?
      5.What motivates you?
      6.Is there anything that you would like to ask me?
      7.What attracted you to this company?
      8.What do you know about our company?
      9.Can you describe a time when your work was criticised?
      10.Give examples of ideas you've had or implemented.
      11.List five words that describe your character.
      12.Who has impacted you most in your career and how?
      13.What three character traits would your friends use to describe you?

Some of the ones i can remember on the top of my head.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.