Heathrow Airport Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Heathrow Airport Interview Questions

Interviews at Heathrow Airport

Security Officer Interview

Interview

- online application submission answering generic questions
    - SJT test
    - telephone interview
    - assessment centre (competency based questions, role play, group exercise)

Good process and easy questions. Enjoyable recruitment process

Interview Questions

• competency based questions and company related questions   Answer Question

HR Representative Interview

Interview

I started with a hiring manager interview after that I got a
    home assignment, which I had to present.
    After that, I had another two interviews.
    when I finished the professional side I had a
    Human resources interview then they asked for three refrences and an offer meeting

Interview Questions

• SOURCING ABILITIES AND RECRUITING AND INTERRELATIONSHIPS   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Heathrow Airport.

Interview

Firstly, a phone interview to get to know you a bit more
    Then, an assessment centre, where you have a 15 min presentation to prepare, with a topic shared pre-interview. 20 minutes of questions on the presentation.
    This is all followed by a competency based interview as well as a case study.

These are all done on the same day - on the assessment centre - and the interviews and different sessions can be carried out by different interviewers at different levels of the organisation and departments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult problem to solve. How did you go about it? Who did you interact with? what did you do? what was the result?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

Interview

Began by requiring written answers to a series of questions - no feedback given regarding these. This was followed by a video interview, which was terribly organised (much like the whole process). Five questions required answering with only 15 seconds to prepare each answer. This was a fault on Heathrow's behalf and I was asked to complete the video interview again, still with only 15 seconds (when it should have been 90 seconds). This was followed by a telephone interview. The final stage was the assessment centre. Prior to this, Heathrow sent out the wrong forms to be completed. The assessment centre was poorly organised; it overran on time despite there being an awful lot of time hanging around doing nothing (about 2 hours). To sum up, poor organising and communication from Heathrow.

Interview Questions

Heathrow Airport Response

16 Jun 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We're really sorry to read this. We did have a technical problem with a partner's video interviewing system. As soon as this was identified, we reached out to all impacted applicants to apologise to ask them to resit. Still not a great experience, but we felt this was the fairest way to handle the tech error. Could we get more feedback from you. We want to ensure that any additional errors are looked into. If you could email enquiry@heathrowairport.ambertrack.co.uk we would appreciate it. Thank you.

Future Leaders Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heathrow Airport.

Interview

Would not waste time applying to graduate roles at Heathrow. I submitted a video interview and was invited to attend an event on the 23rd of Jan. Was told it was postponed and they would be in touch. I sent two follow up emails since and the response was 'We will be in touch'. Still yet to hear anything from them. Have since logged in and my application has dissapeared. Total shambles. Very demotivating and demoralising. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions

Heathrow Airport Response

16 Jun 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback and we're very sorry you didn't get a response - this should not have been the case. We want to work with our recruitment partner to investigate why you didn't hear back, but need your name and email address to do this. Please could you email enquiry@heathrowairport.ambertrack.co.uk with more information to help us. Thank you

Grad Scheme Interview

Interview

Mostly online based, with Telefone interview and assesment centre. İnvoled playing games on an app to assess verbal/non verbal reasoning, scenario based questions on application form, and scenario based phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a rudely performing check in clerk?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Heathrow Airport (Heathrow, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Heathrow employs a lengthy process for the scheme, with 7 steps from initial application to job offer/refusal. Speaking to staff this is because of their low degree requirements, more steps are needed to sort candidates out. There were 2 interviews (one video, and a telephone) prior to the assessment centre, which seemed excessive. Heathrow also hold a candidate insight event where you can go on-site and ask graduates and directing staff questions.

All questions throughout the application process are situational, with complex background scenarios requiring consideration when answering, including at the assessment centre in the personal interview. I’m still not convinced about this method of questions, as it doesn’t really consider ability for on the job learning, in my opinion, or requires knowledge of Heathrow-specific practises that would be impossible to prepare for in advance.

The assessment centre consisted of several activities, with an interview, case study, presentation, security interview and group exercise taking place. The case study was scenario-based, with the candidate being tasked to take over operations of a terminal during a snowstorm and is required to give their actions in the first 45 mins, day and 5 days, along with justification. The group exercise was your standard build a marble run in the allotted time exercise.
    All staff were pleasant, looking to put candidates at ease and ensured the day ran smoothly. The exercises were somewhat interesting. However, I have a feeling that Heathrow will only recruit graduates with master’s degrees onto their programme. Having a bachelor’s degree was given as an area requiring improvement in my feedback call, and all the graduates I spoke to on the day had MEng degrees. Asking programme staff about opportunities for professional development towards chartership as a BEng grad at the insight event led to being given unspecific answers and left me wanting more. It is also important to note that Heathrow won’t pay travel or accommodation expenses to attend the assessment centres.
    Overall, an overly lengthy but interesting application process.

Interview Questions

• You arrive at Terminal 2 for your first day. Walking through the departure hall, you see a contractor on a ladder with no PPE on or around him. When asking him to stop work he becomes aggressive and confrontational. How do you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

29 Apr 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this review; we’re glad that you found the application interesting overall. Our Future Leaders recruitment process has been designed to identify a small group of graduates who have the potential to fast-track their careers to leadership. Due to the popularity of the programmes, we do need to ensure that we have both thorough and inclusive selection processes to allow lots of graduates the opportunity to demonstrate their strengths. Our multi-stage assessment process lets us see how candidates adapt to a variety of scenarios and demonstrate future potential on an even playing field. We don’t have a masters degree requirement to join the programme – in fact, our assessors are not aware of candidates’ degree attainment through the assessment stages. We make our selection decisions based on performance in the exercises that we’ve carefully designed to identify the potential, values and behaviours we’re looking for. Thanks for the positive feedback on the Heathrow staff you met - we believe that putting candidates at ease allows them to be at their best in the assessment.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Interview

After you pass an online test, the next step is a telephone interview which was easy and lasted 13 minutes. The lady was very kind and helpful. I was asked to tell a few things and what would I do or did I do in certain situations.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heathrow Airport (Heathrow, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Hi guys. The video interview is one of the more difficult ones I've done. It's not a simple "Describe a time when you x, y and z" set of competency questions where you can waffle on about a past project. The questions are situational. So for each q, there's a whole paragraph on a hypothetical task you are set. Followed by three or four questions asking you how you would approach this eg. what you would do to prepare for this, who'd you consult, what would be your actions, what would be the desired result. So instead of approaching this using the usual STAR technique, it requires you focus on the A and R (as they present the situation and task for you with a splurge of text). I found it fairly pressurised. Always break down your answer into sections. Don't spend too much time on one element of what you'd do. You can end your answer anytime you like, but I'd suggest using the full 120 seconds or so. The time shot by, so keep everything concise.

Transformation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heathrow Airport (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied on the Heathrow website by uploading my CV and answering some standard HR questions like Why do you want to work for Heathrow, approx a month later this was then followed by a call from their recruitment team who went through some details, 2 days later I recieved a call inviting me for an interview that involved a presentation. I was sent an email with all the details. The interview was 1hour 30min with 15 min presentation and 15 min questions. The remaining time was for competency based questions. I thought the two employees who interviewed me were very friendly and helped me feel more comfortable in the interview which I was initially very nervous for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you implemented a change?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.