Hollywood Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hollywood Life

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollywood Life

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Life (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Very simple over the phone interview with Public Relations Director, where he asked about my background, my experience in PR and when I will be willing to start the internship.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: Have you worked in PR before? Do you work well under pressure?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Life in September 2015.

Interview

First you spend maybe 30 minutes talking to a managing editor about your specific skills that could be useful to the company, and if that goes well you will be given a 1-hour writing test in which you read another article and re-write it in about 300 words using their style.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working nights and weekends when necessary?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollywood Life (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very quick. The recruiter contacted me a few days after applying and after a brief telephone conversation, I was brought in for an interview. During the interview, I spoke with an editor and also conducted a brief on the spot writing sample about a trending story.

Interview Questions

• What is your writing experience? Are you into celebrity culture?   Answer Question

Fashion Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Life (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick 5 min interview, asked me strengths, weaknesses, why I like the industry, ect. Asked me if I was comfortable meeting celebrities and interviewing them. Showed me the main room and introduced me to the staff quickly. My boss was amazing and super nice.

Writer/Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Life (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Incredibly positive—the team was friendly, knowledgable, and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and informed. The kept me updated on every step of the process, even making themselves available on their personal time. I can't speak highly enough of this HR department. An absolute pleasure to work with.

Interview Questions

• What was my dream career scenario.   1 Answer

The role wasn't the best fit for me at this time.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.