Home Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Home Fundraising Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2017

1.6

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

Group interview for the first stage. Then training on a particular charity with a 1:1 to test you on the training. It's pretty easy and straightforward. It's important to just be yourself and come across as a fun person.

Interview Questions

• State a problem and explain how you would solve said problem   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, RI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Coventry, RI (US)).

Interview

The interview was almost too relaxed. It was a group interview where interviewees turned up in very casual clothes.
    We were not asked questions, but were given a presentation about the company and two activities.

I passed and was put through to Initial Assessment which was from 10 to 5. We were left to ourselves in a room unsupervised for the accumulation of around 3 hours.

The best thing about this company is the other fundraisers you will meet. In my opinion, the interview and training isn't great.

Interview Questions

• Pair up and present to everyone why your partner is perfect for this role.   Answer Question
    • What is an issue you in the world that you feel passionate about and what solution do you have for this problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

You were called almost immediately after application and offered an interview.... Initial Interview was fine, pretty standard, then if successful you were called back for a group interview, which consisted of 2 days training (paid if your were a succesful candidate) at the end of the training you were required to do individual pitches in front of management

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising in September 2017.

Interview

Been asked back for initial assessment. Two day training. I'm really nervous as to what will happen. I was ok in the group interview but I'm nervous about the assessment

Interview Questions

• what's my name and where am I from   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Nottingham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Group interview. No need for a CV at all. Although the interview was to assess who would be confident and enthusiastic enough to engage with the (often angry) public on their doorstep, it would appear they let almost anyone join. So many people could barely speak in front of a room of 15 of us, let alone the public!

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Liverpool, England) in May 2017.

Interview

You'll get invited for an interview. They will not tell you that, but it's a group seminar rather than interview.
    You'll listen to an enthusiastic employee talk about company policies and about how much bonuses you can get, all of the good stuff. They will ask you to perform a simple interview with a person next to you and ask them about themselves. Super easy, if you speak communicative english there is no way to fail.
    After the interview you will be innacurately told that "you have the job", but you don't unless you attend and succeed at 2 days of in-house training, which consists of listening to more "practical" advice on how to fundraise, writing and presenting your pitch to a senior staff member. After that you get a job.

Interview Questions

• "ask the person next to you about themselves, gather as much information as you can and present it in an interesting manner"   Answer Question

Door to Door Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Sheffield, England) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day, in which they asked me where i was available for an in-person interview. This interview was in group, we were 7 and we basically spent most of the time listening to the manager talk about what the role consisted on, how much they paid, etc. Then we had to talk to the person next to us and introduce ourselves and then give a brief presentation about our partner. That was it! They called me within the next hours to tell me I had done very well and ask when I would be available for training, which is two days, 6 hours each.

Charity Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Nottingham, England).

Interview

I was given an interview, descriped as a student job, but they wanted me to work 3 days a week minimum travelling East Midlands while at uni, meaning I'd have to leave for the location very early. The whole process wasted around an hour and a half of my time.

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

It takes 13 hours!! Something which is not made clear for you when you turn up to the first interview, which is a very informal group interview. The next 2 days are more like training with an assessment at the end, which would be very hard to fail as it's just practicing what they've already made you practice to death. Only paid for these 12 hours training if you stay for 30 shifts, which I don't believe many do,

Interview Questions

• Describe the person sitting next to you - would you recommend them for this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising in January 2017.

Interview

Group presentation. Put into partners and then asked to present why your partner is the perfect candidate for HF. Then you go back to your partners and then present what a world problem.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.