Home Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Home Fundraising Interview Questions

Updated 13 Aug 2018

1.6

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

Group interview for the first stage. Then training on a particular charity with a 1:1 to test you on the training. It's pretty easy and straightforward. It's important to just be yourself and come across as a fun person.

Interview Questions

• State a problem and explain how you would solve said problem   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, RI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Coventry, RI (US)).

Interview

The interview was almost too relaxed. It was a group interview where interviewees turned up in very casual clothes.
    We were not asked questions, but were given a presentation about the company and two activities.

I passed and was put through to Initial Assessment which was from 10 to 5. We were left to ourselves in a room unsupervised for the accumulation of around 3 hours.

The best thing about this company is the other fundraisers you will meet. In my opinion, the interview and training isn't great.

Interview Questions

• Pair up and present to everyone why your partner is perfect for this role.   Answer Question
    • What is an issue you in the world that you feel passionate about and what solution do you have for this problem.   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2015.

Interview

The initial l interview was fun and brief-presentation based with an answer just as you walked out the door.

The subsequent weeks training was highly enjoyable with an unexpected depth given the product.

If you think you can just turn up and say nothing you're in for a shock. It's all about verbal communication and body language. An eager young boy I started with got let go on the final day of training when he froze during his final presentation.

Oh, and two left quietly after background checks so they don't take you on trust.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something unique about yourself I.e. sell yourself.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first was with a manager and director - it was relaxed and fairly informal which was nice. I then had to complete a short test. In the second interview I was required to give a presentation to another manager and director, as well as to answer more questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be our main concern if hiring you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Sheffield, England) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and fun. i got to meet new people and learnt new expreience.
    i thought the manager was nice and simply. the presentation to the job was very clear.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Manchester, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial interview, then two days training and assessment. The initial interview is really easy with basic questions about yourself and why you want to work there. I've not known anyone to not pass this.

You're then brought in as a group of new recruits (usually 20+ people) and given a presentation on the company.

You're then taught a basic 6 step pitch and then asked to recite it to a manager who will check you follow it correctly. Again most people pass this.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Liverpool, England) in May 2017.

Interview

You'll get invited for an interview. They will not tell you that, but it's a group seminar rather than interview.
    You'll listen to an enthusiastic employee talk about company policies and about how much bonuses you can get, all of the good stuff. They will ask you to perform a simple interview with a person next to you and ask them about themselves. Super easy, if you speak communicative english there is no way to fail.
    After the interview you will be innacurately told that "you have the job", but you don't unless you attend and succeed at 2 days of in-house training, which consists of listening to more "practical" advice on how to fundraise, writing and presenting your pitch to a senior staff member. After that you get a job.

Interview Questions

• "ask the person next to you about themselves, gather as much information as you can and present it in an interesting manner"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Nottingham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Group interview. No need for a CV at all. Although the interview was to assess who would be confident and enthusiastic enough to engage with the (often angry) public on their doorstep, it would appear they let almost anyone join. So many people could barely speak in front of a room of 15 of us, let alone the public!

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Norwich, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick phone call asking to come in for a 2-day interview process

First day is a simple group interview where you are asked to get to know another member of the group and then give a short talk about what you learnt about them

Second day you are given a script that you will use as a fundraiser to learn, the final part is presenting the pitch to an employee

Interview Questions

• When you are getting to know the group make a point in finding out their experiences and key qualities   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising in September 2017.

Interview

Been asked back for initial assessment. Two day training. I'm really nervous as to what will happen. I was ok in the group interview but I'm nervous about the assessment

Interview Questions

• what's my name and where am I from   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.