Home Fundraising Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Home Fundraising Interview Questions

Updated 8 Dec 2017

1.6

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

Group interview for the first stage. Then training on a particular charity with a 1:1 to test you on the training. It's pretty easy and straightforward. It's important to just be yourself and come across as a fun person.

Interview Questions

• State a problem and explain how you would solve said problem   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, RI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Coventry, RI (US)).

Interview

The interview was almost too relaxed. It was a group interview where interviewees turned up in very casual clothes.
    We were not asked questions, but were given a presentation about the company and two activities.

I passed and was put through to Initial Assessment which was from 10 to 5. We were left to ourselves in a room unsupervised for the accumulation of around 3 hours.

The best thing about this company is the other fundraisers you will meet. In my opinion, the interview and training isn't great.

Interview Questions

• Pair up and present to everyone why your partner is perfect for this role.   Answer Question
    • What is an issue you in the world that you feel passionate about and what solution do you have for this problem.   Answer Question

Fund Raiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in November 2017.

Interview

group interview and then a 2 day assessment they get your details and then you spend the rest of the day reading from a sheet for at least 4 hours after the day is done they ask you to come back tomorrow only for you to read the same crap for another 3 hours. you try and say the same crap for at least 7 hours but it would of been longer. I refused the job because it bored me stupid. I would NOT recommend this job unless you love the sound of your own voice. This company has a very high staff turnover which is ALWAYS a very BAD sign they treat you like cattle. Never accept a job where a company has a very high staff turnover.

Interview Questions

• If i knew what their company is about   1 Answer

Door to Door Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Manchester, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Called in for a interview but its a group interview. very informal. Mainly starts with icebreaker where you speak to person sat next to you getting to know about them, then have to feedback to everyone of who they are, fun facts and why they want to work there. You are told about the company more

Interview Questions

• Have to choose a problem such as poverty or homelessness and come up with a solution.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Home Fundraising.

Interview

You were called almost immediately after application and offered an interview.... Initial Interview was fine, pretty standard, then if successful you were called back for a group interview, which consisted of 2 days training (paid if your were a succesful candidate) at the end of the training you were required to do individual pitches in front of management

Homefundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Coventry, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Basically, you go to their headquarters and you have a first assessment where you have to present a solution to a problem. After that, some people get picked from that group and are called to participate in another assessment and then you either get chosen or not

Interview Questions

• How would you handle failure?   1 Answer

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising in September 2017.

Interview

Been asked back for initial assessment. Two day training. I'm really nervous as to what will happen. I was ok in the group interview but I'm nervous about the assessment

Interview Questions

• what's my name and where am I from   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Nottingham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Group interview. No need for a CV at all. Although the interview was to assess who would be confident and enthusiastic enough to engage with the (often angry) public on their doorstep, it would appear they let almost anyone join. So many people could barely speak in front of a room of 15 of us, let alone the public!

Door to Door Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Liverpool, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick chat asking basic questions about why I wanted the job, how I heard about the job and what I already knew. I was able to ask questions and I was very at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Fundraising (Liverpool, England) in May 2017.

Interview

You'll get invited for an interview. They will not tell you that, but it's a group seminar rather than interview.
    You'll listen to an enthusiastic employee talk about company policies and about how much bonuses you can get, all of the good stuff. They will ask you to perform a simple interview with a person next to you and ask them about themselves. Super easy, if you speak communicative english there is no way to fail.
    After the interview you will be innacurately told that "you have the job", but you don't unless you attend and succeed at 2 days of in-house training, which consists of listening to more "practical" advice on how to fundraise, writing and presenting your pitch to a senior staff member. After that you get a job.

Interview Questions

• "ask the person next to you about themselves, gather as much information as you can and present it in an interesting manner"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.