Hotel Chocolat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hotel Chocolat Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotel Chocolat

2.1

Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat in November 2020.

Interview

I received an invitation to interview two days after applying. The interview was via zoom and took place the following week. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the colour yellow to someone who had never seen it before?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Sheffield, England).

Interview

Make sure you right a cover letter as part of your application- they will appreciate it.
    They are very friendly and make you feel comfortable during the interview and they will prompt you on any areas that you are struggling to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience in customer roles.
      The standard scenarios; different challenges you have faced in customer facing roles.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renfrew, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Renfrew, Scotland) in October 2020.

Interview

It was very chilled out the interviewer was very friendly.
    1:1 zoom interview in October 2020.
    Only lasted about 20 - 30 minutes
    Asked a few general interview questions (examples of good and bad customer service etc) followed up by more unusual style questions
    Got back to me within a few days

Interview Questions

• If you could meet a celebrity and hang out with them for a day, who would you pick and what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If it was your birthday next week what would you ask for?   1 Answer
    • Describe an example of a time you have recieved bad customer service   Answer Question

Sales Advisor/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in September 2020.

Interview

A 15 minute Zoom interview. Prior to the interview I was asked to choose a product from the website and prepare a 2 minute sales showcase. The questions were mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is unhappy with their coffee?   Answer Question
    • How would friends and family describe you in 3 words?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat in January 2020.

Interview

Before the interview we had to create our own name badges. Within the group interview we had to ask other candidates interview questions and find out as many facts as possible; then we got into groups of three and made our own chocolate bar and our own superhero. Then we got quizzed on the company and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Who are the founders of Hotel Chocolat?   Answer Question
    • Your co-worker comes in with £30 to buy a gift for another co-worker but they don't know what they like. How would you go about making a sale?   Answer Question
    • Describe the flavour of a one of our new chocolates to somebody who has no taste   Answer Question

Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview lasted around 20 minutes. I was first asked questions about myself, then some situational questions. We then went onto the shop floor and I was asked what I would do in certain circumstances.

Till Staff Interview

Interview

Very brief interview. First a look around the store, Remember to know the products. You'll be questioned on your knowledge of the items and sometimes the brand itself. Be prepared, I did well but so many people applied it's very competitive!

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online, and quickly got invited to have a telephone interview, which went well but unfortunately as i wasn't flexible 7 days a week i didn't get the job. Now considering this was for a part time position I felt this was unfair. So basically if you have any commitments don't waste your time applying with these, even if its only part time as you won't be successful.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Email confirmation of an invitation for an interview. Call you into the store and even offer you a chocolate or a drink and just go over your CV and ask a few questions

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the colour yellow to a bling person.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (London, England).

Interview

Emailed CV and got a phone call within a week. Phone call was about my availability and more information about the positions offered. Was then asked to come in for an interview in store.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.