Howdens Joinery Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Howdens Joinery

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery (London, England) in Sep 2018

Interview

Very quick and easy. Lots of pre - Research done personally by myself before hand so I was very confident. Asked about myself and what i knew about their business and what is expected from me for the role i was applying for.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company?
    1 Answer

Howdens Joinery

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery

Interview

Very loose. Focussed on 'fit' only. Was clear that role expectations / authority were not clear, especially in relation to line manager. On the plus side, it was positive, informal, straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • What will you not tolerate or live with

Howdens Joinery

Application

I interviewed at Howdens Joinery

Interview

Simple interview with open and honest questions that enable you to showcase your talents and abilities that are relative to the role on offer that you’ve applied for. I can’t think of more than 30 words to write so I guess I’ll just waffle on until I’ve hit the minimum 30 word targets

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Howdens Joinery

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery in Nov 2020

Interview

Face to Face interview, went through two rounds. First one was standard interview competency questions, the second one was based around a presentation I was asked to prepare on what I would look to achieve in the role. One of the interviewers Inn the second round looked disinterested from the start, showing no signs of warmth or emotion. I wasn't successful in getting the role, but despite multiple requests (and multiple promises of "yes it's coming") was given no feedback of why, or how I could have performed better in the interview. Given the effort I had gone to in the process, that's the least i would have expected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery (London, England)

Interview

Very relaxed, felt at ease. Emphasis on what a good company they are to work for. Asked questions about myself and my experience and then told me more about the job. Asked me if I had any questions etc etc.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oban, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery (Oban, Scotland) in Aug 2019

Interview

I was contacted soon after sending my CV and invited to attend an interview to discuss the position, I attended at the appointed time and was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager, who were both excellent and very knowledgeable regarding what was required and expected from the candidate and the structure itself of the business operation, I was made to feel completely at ease and the interview was both interesting and informative, first class.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked if I had any experience dealing with difficult customers and how I handled that.

Howdens Joinery

Application

I interviewed at Howdens Joinery

Interview

It’s was rather interesting and very educational also was an eye opener to what else could have been and what have come of this job and it’s role. Good team and would recommend

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery (Goole, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Tour of the site, tests for group working skills, held a presentation then was grilled in an interview on situational techniques, was quite a long process and there were many other applicants there on the day

Interview Questions
  • how would you react to a fault in the assembly line?

Howdens Joinery

Application

I interviewed at Howdens Joinery

Interview

Was asked questions the interviewer didn’t know what she was asking. Kept asking same questions never had such a badly prepared interview would have refused job offer staff was very unhappy there

Interview Questions
  • What is the balance of your social life
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Widnes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Howdens Joinery (Widnes, England) in Aug 2017

Interview

it was basically the most very long winded, wasted time experience ever. Given that it was for an apprenticeship role i thought it would have been a lot less of a process but it deemed to be quite the opposite and in the end it seemed like, if you knew someone there, only then would you get the job.

Interview Questions
  • character properties and skills that would benefit you in the role
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews