Hyundai Motor America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hyundai Motor America Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyundai Motor America

Treasury Analyst Interview

Interview

It was easy. Interviewer was well prepared. He asked appropriate questions and let me know when a decision would be made. He was also interested in what I asked and gave me detailed answers. I felt like he was genuinely interested.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a straightforward interview with just the department manager. She asked me a decent amount of questions. Afterwards, she took me on a tour of the building.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, Orange, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

2 month interview process for me. Phone with HR-friendly and positive. Hiring team: Face-to-face - seemed like a "courtesy interview". Was told the senior manager wasn't available (didn't know at the time, but that was a sign that I wasn't the favored candidate). Felt like I got along well with the hiring manager during the interview. A month passed and never received a notification of the job being filled. Instead, I reached out to HR via email and they told me a candidate was selected. It would've been nice to receive an email notification of the job being filled.

Interview Questions

• N/A - courtesy interview so there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America in September 2019.

Interview

Went through a brief phone screen since I previously worked for HMA. Was passed right to the in-person interview stage.

I drove 3 hours to the first interview (at my own expense) only to be greeted with an empty office under construction. I phoned/emailed the recruiter who put me in touch with the hiring manager, who apologized for the schedule conflict and I was sent back home. Ultimately interviewed two weeks later - doing the same 3 hour drive each way without reimbursement for mileage or tolls - and haven't heard back in 4 months. Hyundai site still says "considering" and both HR and HM are silent. I was also asked personal questions during the interview.

It doesn't matter to me if you reject me, but don't flat out ignore people you interview face to face. Especially if you screw up the interview date and waste a candidate's time!

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges that you encounter in your current role?   Answer Question

Manager, Digital Platforms Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter via email. I had one phone interview with the recruiter, then one in person interview with the hiring manager, department lead, and same level as position employee. They asked a lot of questions about how you would deal with the Korean leadership culture, as well as how I would approach situations where I had to collaborate with the team in Korea. They did not make the workplace culture seem very appealing. It was also very rude that the recruiter never followed up let me know that I wouldn't get the position. They just ghosted and never let me know. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about getting direction from Korea that you may not agree with?   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America.

Interview

3 separate days of interviews with multiple interviewers. Either the posting was premature and they weren't ready to hire right away, or the process was extremely competitive because it took almost 3 months to start. It was aggravating being in limbo from interview to interview. As a professional, it is not easy to make time for interviews and I had to forego applying to other jobs because I wanted an answer from the company first. After 3 months and multiple days of interviews, if I wasn't given an offer, I would have been livid.

Interview Questions

• Why Hyundai? Where's the industry headed? Tell me about your prior experience and skills. Are you willing to learn? What questions do you have abut the company, the position, the day to day?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America.

Interview

Had the initial phone interview. Was asked to come in for an in-person interview and assessment. Assessment was pretty easy. Shortly after, was asked to come back for a 2nd in-person interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and I received a call from the talent team within a few days of applying. We discussed my relevant experience for the position and it was a very positive conversation. Before the call ended she decided to set up an in person interview and I received the on-site interview confirmation shortly after our call. I had two on-site interviews within a two week period and a decision was made days after my final interview. I was also surprised that each person I spoke with had clear alignment on the priorities of this role since this was a newly created role within a newly created team. Overall, I was impressed by how swift and transparent the interview process was.

Interview Questions

• What are three projects you worked on that made the most impact at your current organization?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. Two Phone interviews (HR, then hiring manager, then an in person that consisted of meeting with 3-4 people). The recruiter I worked with was phenomenal. Very friendly and helpful. Communication was good as well. I have been in some interviews where the company just goes dead. With Hyundai, once the process started, it kept going at a reasonable pace.

Interview Questions

• Most of my questions were directly related to my role, with some on management style and philosophy.   1 Answer

Hyundai Motor America Response

30 Apr 2018 – Hyundai Motor America

Thank you very much for providing your feedback and thank you for choosing Hyundai Motor America as your professional home!

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyundai Motor America (Fountain Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was good, first phone screen by the hiring manager, then got called in for an interview with HR and hiring manager and finally had a panel interview with department executives.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager do you not work well with?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.