IHS Markit Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at IHS Markit

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

1st Round - F2F (Hiring Manager)

The interviewer gave a brief introduction about their company, his role & about the position (Skills - 1. Forecasting & Statistical modelling and 2. Data Engineer). As I choose forecasting modelling position, I was asked basic questions on the same along with a project which I implemented. Few questions on my current project & role. He asked many puzzles & ended up with asking questions on Regression & Probability.

2nd Round - F2F (Head of Analytics)

He too gave a brief introduction about the company & role. The process repeated i.e. me explaining about the few Projects (on Forecasting & ML). But this time more technical & in-depth on ML algos like SVM, Regression, PCA. Questions related to ARIMAX & econometric models. Few puzzles followed next. At the end, I asked few questions regarding the company, job, position.

I'm yet to receive any feedback. But this is by far the best interview experience I ever had. They were thorough professional, friendly & made me comfortable until the end. That's how a interview should be conducted as it speaks about the Company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles, Regression, Classification basics, Forecasting methods   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Not very formal, and was very much conversation based. Engaging and easy to talk with the interviewer, and the interviewer was very willing to answer questions about the company and was highly informative.

Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied on line and got a on site interview. the recruiter introduced some information of the company first and then I had two different interviews for different teams with a employee and a director.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Englewood, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen a few weeks after applying. The phone screen was only about 10 to 15 minutes, which consisted of asking about my current work, some of the languages I like to program in. The next stage of the interview consisted of a panel with employees in various software positions of the company (manager, associate, Q/A, etc). This stage lasted about 30 minutes (20 minutes of interview + 10 minutes of questions from me). There were no heavy technical questions, only behavioral and some conceptual questions (how I approach a problem, what's an inner join, etc). The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I traveled to their Dallas office for a super day with 3 other applicants. The first thing we did was go over the position and then had a worksheet with a couple analyst questions. After, we were split up and had simple individual interviews. We then came back to a single room and all had to work on a mock project together. After 20min of planning and preparing, we had to give this a presentation to a group of interviews who were pretending to be prospective clients. All in all, I had a great experience and a good time. We were shown around the building and they answered any questions that we might have.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a phone screen, then a technical that was a test on basic pixel perfect HTML/CSS/Javascript), then a 2 hour onsite with 4 engineers split into 2 one hour parts. the first part was personality questions. the second was whiteboarding and trivia.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. 1 phone technical screen, 1 offline take home test, 3 one on one interviews onsite. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable. The response after every stage was pretty fast.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

First: There was an online test of technical skills. The 5-7 questions ranged from very easy to very difficult.
    Second: There was a phone interview, which was also technical.
    Third: There was an on-site interview in panel format. Various questions across platform, tools, databases, and associated languages were asked. It was a dialogue.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of static-analysis tools? Which have I used?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy and friendly the interviewers were very nice and the interview was not that technical. Just one technical question about how to do DCF. I think it was a very smooth process and up really enjoyed it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

The entire process was very confusing.I clearly mentioned I don't want to attend the interview for a junior role but was told its a senior.It did not go well and I was forwarded to a role that matched my profile. The interview went well and I was told to prepare for an onsite interview.Suddenly I got an email saying they could not proceed.Now thinking back its better not to go into a place thats highly political in the interview process itself.The company or team will be successful only if they take the right people through a proper interview process as per my limited knowledge.Any candidate will be happy of the interviewer provides constructive feedback or any feedback.If you get a blunt email saying we cant proceed without even knowing the person I don't understand what kind of process this place follows.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview for junior role: Basic set of questions.
      2nd interview for senior role: Mostly about resume, GIT and CI.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IHS Markit in September 2019.

Interview

Interview process was very confusing, I was called for 4 rounds on campus including telephonic one. I was never told with results after each round until and unless I was sending a follow up email after a week. It was most frustrating experience of my life, as they were just interested in taking round after round just for increasing number of my visits. They don’t know what they want from a candidate and do not have a standard process to hire people. Folks I met were pretty friendly and nice, asked some standard questions but each time all questions were similar like they don’t have coordination.

Interview Questions

• General scenario based, technical   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.